What did you think of the PCR exam

Options

Comments

• elnino2201
    elnino2201 Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    i calculated mine with 467,500 or whatever it was as the materials for wastage were replaced free of charge :S no idea if its right!
  • cookymonstar
    cookymonstar Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    elnino2201 wrote: »
    i calculated mine with 467,500 or whatever it was as the materials for wastage were replaced free of charge :S no idea if its right!
    i was unsure so did calculation on each and left a note to say unsure whether this cost is deducted etc -
  • jh999
    jh999 Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Pigpen wrote: »
    In section 1 - Did you base the material required calculation on the production units figure calculated before or after the reject stock? - i.e. All of production stock produced or sales forecast plus/minus op/clos stock?

I used 477,500 - 15,000 + 5,000 = 467,500 as the required quantity
    467,500 / 0.85 = 550,000 required to be produced to meet the above including rejects

Material cost I had as 467,500, the rejects would be replaced free and accounted for next year ?
  • Pigpen
    Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Staffz wrote: »
    I did salesforcast - O.S. + C.S. = /85 *100

So you calculated the amount of material you needed for actual production on the total production figure ?

I thought and I am probably wrong that as the reject material was FOC and replaced daily - they didn't pay for that - So I based it purely on the sales forecast - O.S. + C.S

Thats why I thought the questions were in the order they were in - Cos you had to work out the material useage before calculating the reject production required?
  • oxongirl78
    oxongirl78 Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    yeah I didn't factor in any wastage in the materials because they were all replaced free of charge.

I had production units as 550,000 with 82,500 to be dismantled so 467,500 saleable units
  • Staffz
    Staffz Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Actually, that was the answer I think, the answer I just wrote was the required good production, which I erased and rewrote into another question, as the faulty replacements were F.O.C. I put in a comment on it!

That is what I meant by it becoming clear after reading the other questions, causing you to rewrite as you understood differently. Still, I guess that is why they recommend 15 mins reading time, huh?!
  • Pigpen
    Options
    Oh I feel happier about that bit now - I think I have done ok - But only time will tell!
  • sleepysophie
    sleepysophie Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    if most people got 467500 units and the limitation on testing was 425000 units why is eveyone saying 130000 units needed to be outsourced.
    I'm so confused now and I thought I'd done well before I've read all these posts !
  • Staffz
    Options
    oxongirl78 wrote: »
    yeah I didn't factor in any wastage in the materials because they were all replaced free of charge.

I had production units as 550,000 with 82,500 to be dismantled so 467,500 saleable units
    Yes, that was it.

Took a few workings used a few times as I went through - will teach me not to read thouroughly though! Just glad I realized before launched into rest!
  • elnino2201
    Options
    the amount of tippex used for either 550,000 or 467,500 was ridiculous, i think i changed it about 4 times! before coming to the conclusion it was 467,500
  • Staffz
    Options
    if most people got 467500 units and the limitation on testing was 425000 units why is eveyone saying 130000 units needed to be outsourced.
    I'm so confused now and I thought I'd done well before I've read all these posts !
    Cos all 550,000 produced to cover 467,500 good after 15% faulty need to be tested

(425,000)
    _________
    125,000 excess rounded to 130,000
  • Pigpen
    Options

Because they were only able to outsource in batches of 10,000 - So 125000 units would be 12.5 round up to 13 batches of 10,000
  • Pigpen
    Options
    For the last question I mentioned the same kinda thing but I also mentioned there were limitations on this information and it was only useful where a trend was expected to continue - I Kinda read between the lines of a previous post on here (during the last week) and mentioned that in todays current economic climate this may not be the best method to use ! Covering all bases I would say hahahahahaha
  • sleepysophie
    sleepysophie Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Needless to say I've based all the figures on 467500 (85%) instead of the 100% production allthough I did work this out correctly earlier in the question, I must have forgotten about it later in the section.....I hope it's not enough to fail.
  • Nagra
    Nagra Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Did anyone get 16% profit on flexed budget?? and the actual was given as 9.7??
  • elnino2201
    Options
    Nagra wrote: »
    Did anyone get 16% profit on flexed budget?? and the actual was given as 9.7??

I had 15.75% so yep :001_smile:
  • Staffz
    Options
    Pigpen wrote: »
    For the last question I mentioned the same kinda thing but I also mentioned there were limitations on this information and it was only useful where a trend was expected to continue - I Kinda read between the lines of a previous post on here (during the last week) and mentioned that in todays current economic climate this may not be the best method to use ! Covering all bases I would say hahahahahaha
    I babbled on about economic climate affecting many products, and therefore a rolling budget, with departmental input being the most accurate way of compiling a budget.
  • oxongirl78
    oxongirl78 Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Yes flexed budget profit margin of 15.75% in section 2
  • Nagra
    Nagra Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options

Thanks, feel a bit more confident now, was ready to shoot myself after the exam!! :laugh: still don't want to get too confident though!!
  • cookymonstar
    Options
    i had 15.75 % profit on flexed too!
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi Everyone

Although I am now qualified and it is easy for me to say, but honestly, try not to panic.

For one thing, if there were more questions, although you are correct in thinking more can go wrong, but there is also more potential to get figures right and this is where the handed "own number rule" can help.

Secondly, I have sat so many AAT exams which I was 100% sure I had failed because the new examiner had completely changed the format, but them I surprised myself and passed. I think this is because if everyone finds it hard I think they lower the pass mark. I read an article about this once so I think it must be true.

Good luck anyway and if you want to have a chat to get something off your chest but don't want the world to know, PM me and I will see if I can help.

Speegs
  • cookymonstar
    Options
    can anyone remember their profit percentage in 1.1 ??

i had 21%
  • Dorjana
    Dorjana Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    oxongirl78 wrote: »

spot on i had exactly the same
  • Brownie3
    Brownie3 Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I didn't get 15.75, i got 19.7% dooooooooh

Some marks lost there then!
  • jh999
    Options
    Brownie3 wrote: »
    I didn't get 15.75, i got 19.7% dooooooooh

Some marks lost there then!

me too :001_tt2:

71,500 adverse cost variance and my turnover had a massive adverse variance (had flexed turnover at 4.8m). Was pretty confident on that one too :s
  • axl2derv
    axl2derv Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    The paper looked alright until you turned the page to question. 1.2.

I was not happy about the new layout. I spent 75 minutes on 1.2 instead of the 45 it stated. It only left me 45 mins to do section 2 instead of the 80 stated.

Im just panicing about section 2 because i didnt have time to show my workings, i just put the answers. Luckily the formula y=a+bx came into my head after strugling with the high low questions.

I hope I pass.
  • jh999
    Options
    axl2derv wrote: »
    The paper looked alright until you turned the page to question. 1.2.

I was not happy about the new layout. I spent 75 minutes on 1.2 instead of the 45 it stated. It only left me 45 mins to do section 2 instead of the 80 stated.

Im just panicing about section 2 because i didnt have time to show my workings, i just put the answers. Luckily the formula y=a+bx came into my head after strugling with the high low questions.

I hope I pass.

Which question was this ?
  • axl2derv
    Options
    Was question 2.1

Working out the variable costs by removing the fixed.

I got my profit % at 15.8 rounded up from 15.75 to match the 9.7 they had for the actual.
  • axl2derv
    Options
    Liniar regression

y = a + bx
    total cost = fixed + (total units x variable rate per unit)
  • pink
    pink Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Oh i didnt even put a % on section 2!!! Had an overall adverse varience though of something like £312k (ish) I was running out of time so must have missed the part where you had to do the %!
Privacy Policy