speegs
speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
OK so it's a weird question, but am I??? :001_unsure:
ยซ13

Comments

• marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    How should I know, I'm Catholic, already? Or something...
  • speegs
    Options
    Oy vey! A Catholic already? Do you have any ologies?:lol::lol:
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I've got an ology but don't spread it around.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    so thats why you walk funny then ?:001_tt2:
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I'm a sort of a nothing, I'll join in with you Speegs so you're not on your own:001_smile:
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I'm a sort of a nothing 001_smile:

Is that the same as agnostic? :001_smile:
  • sarahwilson
    Options
    Oooh I don't want to commit to agnosticism, I might not be right!!

I don't subscribe to a religion as such (if thats the right phrase) but I don't not believe in their basic principles so I'm a floating voter!!
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Oooh I don't want to commit to agnosticism, I might not be right!!

I don't subscribe to a religion as such (if thats the right phrase) but I don't not believe in their basic principles so I'm a floating voter!!

Your getting mixed up I think, athiests (my camp) believe there is no God, agnostics are the fence sitters :001_smile:
  • sarahwilson
    Options
    I'll get on the fence with them then, I just think if you are a nice human theres no need to nail your colours to a particular mast but I don't have a problem with anyone who does.

And here endeth Sarahs philosophy class for today, join me tomorrow for more flawed ramblings on the mysteries of life!!:lol:
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    There is no god. FACT.

I saw it on the back of a bus, so it must be true
  • speegs
    Options
    Excellent, one Jew and a floating voter. Got to be a joke in that somewhere.

I thought the bus said that there was "probably" no God. Personally, I don't know, not having met him or her (don't was to be sexist), but as I was born to be a chosen person (according to the B.I.B.L.E - Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth) I am going to make the most of it. :lol:

Speegs (The only Jew in the village - so far anyway)
  • Elvie
    Elvie Registered Posts: 22 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Did you hear the one about the Insomniac Agnostic Dyslexic -

he lay awake in bed at night contemplating DOG

Apologies to any Dyslexics out there, and Insomniacs .... and Agnostics
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    i thought it was tpyed out correctly !!!!! hahahahahah

hate all religion...........if there was a god/deity , why do I support tranmere !!!
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    Seriously though, there is no god and if there is, whichever religion you sponsor is the wrong one.

The universe is approx. 40 billion light years across and expanding.

Considering that a light year is 5,850,000,000,000 miles across (5.85 TRILLION miles), 40 BILLION times a light year make the universe HUGE.

Incomprehensively huge. Containing trillions of trillions of stars, with perhaps millions of millions of planets

It makes our world of under 25,000 miles across look very, very, very small and insignificant.

To assume that this god created all that universe and decided to visit our tiny planet a few dozen times to tell us how to treat our women, is a very strange belief.

It's also an indicator as to your intelligence if you believe that this god really cares about what you eat, what you wear or who you sleep with.

So even if god does exist, you are a fool to believe that your particular brand of god is the right one. IMHO of course
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    i thought it was tpyed out correctly !!!!! hahahahahah

hate all religion...........if there was a god/deity , why do I support tranmere !!!

To take away the guilt of typing and transfere it to something else lol
  • sarahwilson
    Options
    And you've got to throw Homer Simpsons advice into the mix, what if you've picked the wrong one and every week you're just making God madder and madder?:lol:
  • Elvie
    Options
    OK - Slight change of subject, but for those of you who don't believe in a higher power can you tell me the statistical probability of this:

I haven't checked the AAT forum since before Christmas. Looked today during my lunch break and read the credit crunch thread in CHAT forum - followed a linked to YouTube re: Tesco taking over the world only to find myself (fleetingly) on the clip.

I do everything possible to avoid being filmed/photographed etc 'cause I'm shy (aka fat)

Proof of Higher power? Spooky? or just plain weird?
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    Elvie wrote: ยป
    OK - Slight change of subject, but for those of you who don't believe in a higher power can you tell me the statistical probability of this:

I haven't checked the AAT forum since before Christmas. Looked today during my lunch break and read the credit crunch thread in CHAT forum - followed a linked to YouTube re: Tesco taking over the world only to find myself (fleetingly) on the clip.

I do everything possible to avoid being filmed/photographed etc 'cause I'm shy (aka fat)

Proof of Higher power? Spooky? or just plain weird?

Weird I suppose. But not evidence of a higher power - why would he bother? Wars, death, famine around the world and he uses his abilities to spook you out a bit :huh:
  • Elvie
    Options
    Good point, if a little depressing - you've shattered my self dillusion that I was "Special".

I did notice that you ommitted to work out the statistical probability though!
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    Good point, if a little depressing - you've shattered my self dillusion that I was "Special".

I did notice that you ommitted to work out the statistical probability though!
    Well, I would have, but I would have had to ask you just how fat you are - as the statistical probability of being caught on video grows exponentially the fatter one is - but I am too polite to ask.

:D
  • Elvie
    Options
    Thank you for being polite - at least I think you were being polite.

I am quite wide but under 5 feet tall - so that should even out the probability based on the total area of the film picture frame size. :001_tt2:
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    Not if it was shown in widescreen...
  • speegs
    Options
    Ah but LondonMatt.... What if you are wrong? When you die and go to that special place where angels will greet you and a man with a big white beard asks you "have you been naughty or nice?" what will you say?

Oh hang on. I am confusing heaven with Santa's Grotto. :laugh:
  • Elvie
    Options
    Touche Matt - however insults towards the circumferencly challenged does not a calculation make. Sorry went a bit Yoda-ish. Maybe speegs can help you?
    :lol:
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    you've shattered my self dillusion that I was "Special".

Spelling Police alert!!!

"Self-dillusion"? Must admit, that's a new one on me.

That's a good one Speegs...
  • Elvie
    Options
    OK OK, so it's official - I'm fat and I can't sellp. You'll start picking on my delusion of grandeur next (yes Blobbyh I did just check the dictionary). I'm retiring to the corner of the room to sulk.:sad:
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Some of the most interesting people ive met havn't been able to read or write
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    They do make very interesting pen pals, I agree...
  • A-Vic
    Options
    They do make very interesting pen pals, I agree...

Ok
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    LondonMatt,

I am shocked that you seem to be asserting that there is no God and dreaming up spurious statistics to support this crazy notion. The next thing you will claim is that the earth is not flat nor the centre of the universe. Hah!

I clearly recall that you were a drinking buddy of the late, but great, John Paul 11 and tied each other up naked to lamp posts. (I think that's what you said, it certainly happened on a stag night out with him)

Also, to be sure to be sure, you have a deep respect for the teachings of the Dalai Llama, despite his prolific spitting and asking for loose change from everyone he meets.

I have a photographic memory and can recall everything you said absolutely accurately.

Should I take it that you have abandoned your dreams to become the first ordained South American two toed ruminant?
Privacy Policy