Your one stop thread for all things off topic (aka "Study Buddy II")

Options

Comments

• jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    wish i could stop grinding my teeth

:lol:
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    jilt wrote: ยป
    Section 2 thought I'd done ok with ratios then find on here I'd missed something, and 2.2 useless at definitions so lost marks there. All in all think I've failed section 2.

I don't think it's wise to take much notice of the post-exam dissection on here. I managed to convince myself that I'd failed several papers on that basis, especially DFS as it happens. It's also easy to get what may actually be small errors or omissions out of proportion - something not balancing might seem like the end of the world but as long as you've shown that your essentially competent you should be OK.

Basically, when it comes to results, you don't know until you know and there's always far more people who think they've failed and then passed than who think they've failed and were right.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    wish i could stop grinding my teeth

I thought it was your nose you're suppose to keep to the grindstone?
  • jilt
    Options
    CJC wrote: ยป
    I don't think it's wise to take much notice of the post-exam dissection on here.

You're completely right CJC, I'm worried because the thing I said I missed, well I did see it but didn't think about what it was telling me so didn't act on it (does any of that make sense) was in 2.1 and cos my attempt at 2.2 was so pathetic I'm wondering if I've done enough to pass section 2.

We'll see, I remember sitting both law papers and very really confident, then read things on here and convinced myself I'd failed, but yes I passed both. So I know exactly what you're talking about. Will keep my fingers crossed for section 2.

Thanks CJC, you've mad me feel better, bring on MAC!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Good luck with MAC lol hated PEV & PCR!

New avatar for a while, i reckon!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    dam snapped tooth at the back
  • JayneHogan
    JayneHogan Registered Posts: 697 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi All,

Well I failed DFS really, really, REALLY BADLY.

However, I went to a nice Turkish cafe after my exam and had a really nice meal, several glasses of freshly squeezed orange juice and read The Times for a while. Then I went to Starbucks and had a nice gingerbread latte and a chocolate cake while reading The Evening Standard.

After that I went to the cinema at Leicester Square and watched the Harry Brown film which was excellent.

Finally, I got a hot chocolate in McDonalds on the way home and phoned a friend to dissect the exam and put it all behind me.

Now I am ready to hear everyone else tell me how well they have done.

Michael Caine really is an excellent actor and the re-sit might not be that bad.

How did everyone else enjoy their evening?

Jayne
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Hi All,

Well I failed DFS really, really, REALLY BADLY.

However, I went to a nice Turkish cafe after my exam and had a really nice meal, several glasses of freshly squeezed orange juice and read The Times for a while. Then I went to Starbucks and had a nice gingerbread latte and a chocolate cake while reading The Evening Standard.

After that I went to the cinema at Leicester Square and watched the Harry Brown film which was excellent.

Finally, I got a hot chocolate in McDonalds on the way home and phoned a friend to dissect the exam and put it all behind me.

Now I am ready to hear everyone else tell me how well they have done.

Michael Caine really is an excellent actor and the re-sit might not be that bad.

How did everyone else enjoy their evening?

Jayne

Dam next exam come get me after i want an afternoon like that
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    good morning everyone.............
  • AK002
    Options
    100% failed PCR.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    AK002 wrote: ยป
    100% failed PCR.

why? what happened?
  • mark130273
    Options
    100% failed PCR.

why ....what did you do ?
  • AK002
    Options
    Just rubbish :(
  • mark130273
    Options
    Just rubbish :(

so did you miss loads out then !!
  • AK002
    Options
    Nah just one small part of 1 question..

HAHA loving your new Avatar mark!!!!
  • mark130273
    Options
    Nah just one small part of 1 question..

HAHA loving your new Avatar mark!!!!

then you should be ok then.....you are allowed a few mistakes aslong as you get a good percentage of the basics then you will be ok....

thought i would change it to match yours....
  • AK002
    Options
    Is tails not a guy tho?!
  • A-Vic
    Options
    hey mark on DFS

My balances didnt balance but included everything thats why i left unbalanced - stuffed standard question but had a really good go at section two with reasons and advise to sell shares what you think do you get large amount knocked off for balances?
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    hey mark on DFS

My balances didnt balance but included everything thats why i left unbalanced - stuffed standard question but had a really good go at section two with reasons and advise to sell shares what you think do you get large amount knocked off for balances?

i hope not! My first balance sheet balanced but i couldnt get my consolidated one to balance, and i didnt answer IAS16. but my cashflow balanced and answered everything else. should be ok.
  • JayneHogan
    Options
    This evening after work I went to Covent Garden. There was a choir performing Christmas Carols and also an outdoor food market. I got some Turkish food and went for a nice latte after listening to the Carols.

How did everyone's exams go today?

Jayne
  • jilt
    Options
    This evening after work I went to Covent Garden. There was a choir performing Christmas Carols and also an outdoor food market. I got some Turkish food and went for a nice latte after listening to the Carols.

How did everyone's exams go today?

Jayne

Hey Jayne it's a same we don't live close to each other, I also love Turkish food and choirs, not bothered about the latte's though, not a milk fan.
  • mark130273
    Options
    hey mark on DFS

i spent about 2 hours when i sat that exam trying to get in balance and ended up sticking a suspense account !!! my tutor said i would of got marks for doing that ...rather than just leaving it !!!
  • AK002
    Options
    Back to work Monday :(
  • jilt
    Options
    Oh dear, better than sitting exams though.
  • AK002
    Options
    You're right there!

TBH i'm looking forward to going back, just not the early mornings lol ( That's me just up 10 mins ago :D)
  • jilt
    Options
    :ohmy: And I thought I was lazy this morning, I didn't wake up properly until 8.45, listened to the news a bit and then Morrisey on desert island discs so was nearly 10 before I got out of bed.

I'll let you off, I only sat one exam this week, although I have worked 2 days as well.
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    :ohmy: And I thought I was lazy this morning, I didn't wake up properly until 8.45, listened to the news a bit and then Morrisey on desert island discs so was nearly 10 before I got out of bed.

I'll let you off, I only sat one exam this week, although I have worked 2 days as well.

You've had a busy week then...lol
  • AK002
    Options

LOL, honestly i could sleep all day but need to start re adjusting my body clock again lol
  • jilt
    Options
    You've had a busy week then...lol

Yeah, and today I'm having a very lazy day. I have nothing that has GOT to be done today and am supposed by getting on with my office. I've emptied it again and am supposed to be looking for sandpaper in the garage but can't keep off here!
  • JayneHogan
    Options
    Hey Jilt,

Turkish food is the best. I also like Vietnamese food and Chinese as well. I think you are so right saying Happiness is something to do, something to love and something to hope for. Where did you get that phrase from?

My temp job finished yesterday so today I am doing lots of things around my flat that need doing. I might go for a walk around the park later.

Sometimes I get sick of lattes. I like the M and S mulled fruit drinks that there are at the moment.

I think I am going to have a quiet weekend, watch the X Factor and read a novel. I am halfway through The Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys which is really good. Apart from that I am just going to sort out my DFS notes and RSVP all my Christmas e-mail invites.

What is everyone else up to this weekend?

Yours,

Jayne
Privacy Policy