Your one stop thread for all things off topic (aka "Study Buddy II")

Comments

• CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Indeed, ©ock or even better čock. Or best there's the Cyrillic 'S' which gives Сock.

ü might have it's uses in a couple of words too
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    cjc wrote: »
    indeed, ©ock or even better čock. Or best there's the cyrillic 's' which gives Сock.

c o c k.

Edit: Why does the forum make capitals small letters :S?!
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    CJC wrote: »
    Indeed, ©ock or even better čock. Or best there's the Cyrillic 'S' which gives Сock.

I have enough trouble with a - z and 1 - 0 on my keyboard.

Where do I find these other characters?
  • CJC
    Poodle wrote: »
    I have enough trouble with a - z and 1 - 0 on my keyboard.

Where do I find these other characters?

Easy Way 1: Use insert -> symbol from Word and copy and paste.

Easy Way 2 (for Firefox): Install this add-on

Easy Way 3: Use this website to lookup Unicode symbol. Unicode contains pretty much every character/symbol you could ever want so consequently is huge and finding what you want is not always easy.

Geek Way: ALT + Unicode decimal character code on the numeric keypad.
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    Heres one for ya...

Anyone know how to get the euro symbol on the number 4 key ???
  • CJC
    You need to use the "alt gr" key on the right - alt key on the left doesn't do it.
  • steveJ
    CJC You know toooo much!!
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    A-Vic wrote: »
    Theres a really funny christmas film on this weekend called Bad Santa if you get a chance watch it
    Bad Santa, one of the very few good Christmas movies. Definitely worth watching.

Thank you so much guys, haven't laughed so much in years!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    steveJ wrote: »
    Heres one for ya...

Anyone know how to get the euro symbol on the number 4 key ???

i press the ctrl and alt keys on the left of the keyboard at the same time as pressing the number 4 key

i only know that cos i work in euros all the time
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    u can press the AltGr on the right handside and the number 4

http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~george/ansi_ascii_character_chart.html
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I thought 'Bad Santa' was one of the worst, most despicable films I've ever seen. I like Jimmy Carr so it's not like I was offended by the movie, I just didn't find it funny at all.
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    blobbyh wrote: »
    I thought 'Bad Santa' was one of the worst, most despicable films I've ever seen. I like Jimmy Carr so it's not like I was offended by the movie, I just didn't find it funny at all.

I'm surprised Robert, what is the funniest film you've seen?
  • slackda
    slackda Registered Posts: 460 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Get in RATM"! http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8413557.stm

Yes i am aware of the beautiful irony of the lyrics of the Rage song :)
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Comedies are very much restricted to the time in which you see them. For example, I thought The Young Ones was hilarious back in 1982-ish but find it hideously dated now. Funniest film I've ever seen at the cinema was Scary Movie because of the setting and it was original at the time. I laughed my nuts off at Porkies in the early 80's but didn't find American Pie quite so funny in the 00's. Saw The Hangover last week and thought it was just unfunny trash.

Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em and Fawlty Towers still make me laugh though. And 'The In Betweeners' appeals directly to my own peurile humour.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️

I am suprized you didnt robert as to me it is a blokes film. Glad you enjoyied it Jill but i watched Pans Labyrinth last night instead (another of my fav films)
  • slackda
    A-Vic wrote: »
    I am suprized you didnt robert as to me it is a blokes film. Glad you enjoyied it Jill but i watched Pans Labyrinth last night instead (another of my fav films)

That is an awesome film.... beautifully dark and twisted fairy tail .... not sure those words should be in the same sentance together.
  • CJC
    Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em and Fawlty Towers still make me laugh though. And 'The In Betweeners' appeals directly to my own peurile humour.

Just goes to show... I find Some Mothers about as funny as a road accident and I always thought Fawlty Towers terribly overrated. I like The Inbetweeners, though. I've been enjoying the recent re-runs of Spaced and Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle on Dave and Curb Your Enthusiasm is pretty much always wonderful although I'm more likely to get my comedy fix from podcasts and Radio 7 than from the telly atm.
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    nothing beats funnier than Wallace and Gromit :)
  • steveJ
    Spaced is a classic...
    but, Alan Partridge for me is one of the best creations ever ! HA - HAAAA

Alan - "You can swing a cat in here"

Estate agent - "Yep...Theres enough to swing a lion!"

Alan - "Yes, well...you would have to stun it first!...and even then its got to way the best part of a tonne"

What about mock the week ?

Some of Frankie Boyles jokes are so close to the mark ! Check out Stuart Lewis on Mock the week on youtube...One of the best one liner comedians i have ever seen..
  • AK002
    jilt wrote: »
    Thank you so much guys, haven't laughed so much in years!

I watched it last night haha funny as
  • CJC
    What about mock the week ?

Some of Frankie Boyles jokes are so close to the mark ! Check out Stuart Lewis on Mock the week on youtube...One of the best one liner comedians i have ever seen..

I loathe Mock the Week, rubbish jokes, predictable targets and pseudo outrageousness.

Milton Jones is a great one-liner comedian too.
  • slackda
    ....Loathing mock the week.....not sure how, russell howard is a great comedian if you have a chance to watch his show on bbc 3 its well worth it!.....QI is brill, spaced is fantasic, and for some very odd humor nothing beats green wing....and its not english rip off of scrubs.....scrubs always has the bloody typical ive learnt something part to it.....i don't need moral lessons from a comedy show :P
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    role models is funny. but it might be the fact i like sean william scott - but not for his acting ability mm mm mm

Tracy
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉

Frankie Boyle is not funny, he seems to have confused trying to be offensive with trying to be funny. I don't find him offensive, just pointless.

I do like Dara O'Brien though, and Hugh Dennis is usually good (although he does recycle jokes he uses on The Now Show).
    I'm more likely to get my comedy fix from podcasts and Radio 7 than from the telly atm.

Would you like to recommend a comedy podcast? I like BBC's Radio4 Friday Night Comedy (Now Show/News Quiz) and John Oliver/Andy Zaltsmann's The Bugle www.timesonline.co.uk/thebugle
  • CJC
    Bookworm55 wrote: »
    Frankie Boyle is not funny, he seems to have confused trying to be offensive with trying to be funny. I don't find him offensive, just pointless.

I do like Dara O'Brien though, and Hugh Dennis is usually good (although he does recycle jokes he uses on The Now Show).

Would you like to recommend a comedy podcast? I like BBC's Radio4 Friday Night Comedy (Now Show/News Quiz) and John Oliver/Andy Zaltsmann's The Bugle www.timesonline.co.uk/thebugle

I'm with you on Frankie Boyle, I've no problem with offensive comedy but just don't find him funny at all. Andy Parsons is even worse.

Richard Herring is probably a bit of an acquired taste and in his way even more offensive than Boyle but gleefully puerile though knowing rather than just being boorish. He's got two podcasts the totally improvised Collings and Herrin (with Andrew Collins) and the more scripted As It Occurs to Me (AIOTM). Both are a bit hit and miss but mostly have me laughing like a drain.

I don't catch the Adam and Joe podcast much as it's only on iTunes and I can't be bothered with that, their 6Music show is pretty good though and you can get downloads with the music edited out here
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    You need to use the "alt gr" key on the right - alt key on the left doesn't do it.

Chris, I can do this, the other help means nothing to little 'old' computer illiterate me:)

By the way guys

Gavin and Stacey are the best thing on at the mo.

Ant one going to Barry on holiday next year?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    The funniest comedy scetch has to be morecome and wise breakfast prep (ok showing age a little but still tickles me)
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Well my all-time favourite is the Four Yorkshiremen sketch, originally broadcast sixteen years before I was born.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    sorry but last weeks live at the appollo was just so sosososososososo funny.....when michael macintire went on about paying snooker i like t**sing off another man behind you .....i cried......how the hell i am meant to play snooker tonight thinking about that !
  • AK002
    LOL

How was exam?
Privacy Policy