Your one stop thread for all things off topic (aka "Study Buddy II")

Comments

• jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    LeeS2009 wrote: »
    lol nah its ok i can remember your previous avatar lol....besides i cant remember if yours was the cave with the swamp outside it or the one with the skulls hanging off the trees :lol:

Skulls and fur lined my cave!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    anniem wrote: »
    Alternatively, you could sit there hoping that he is really pee'd off with his job, he ups sticks and finds something else, and YOU GET PROMOTED!

This, I think, might be called Icing on Cake!!! (Unless you really don't like where you work!)

i wish but he pays my wages if he upstick were all out a job
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I'm getting scared now! What did I start?

I love the Ctrl Alt arrow down, as it is easy to reverse and noone is really familiar with it (hasn't got a lot of use in general) so they don't really know what happened. My best laugh so far was a colleague, being convinced someone touched his screen, he tried to turn his cable around and when that didn't work he tried to put his screen upside down, before calling IT...
  • jilt
    Rinske wrote: »

I love the Ctrl Alt arrow down, as it is easy to reverse and noone is really familiar with it (hasn't got a lot of use in general) so they don't really know what happened. My best laugh so far was a colleague, being convinced someone touched his screen, he tried to turn his cable around and when that didn't work he tried to put his screen upside down, before calling IT...

I've tried it but it didn't work!
  • A-Vic
    awww jill sounds like your having a wonderful day bless
  • LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️

are you talking porkys my lovely???? :lol:
  • jilt
    A-Vic wrote: »
    awww jill sounds like your having a wonderful day bless

Oh it gets better, it's like the blind leading the blind in this office, the stepson, the MD and his sales rep .....:lol:
  • LeeS2009
    jilt wrote: »
    Oh it gets better, it's like the blind leading the blind in this office, the stepson, the MD and his sales rep .....:lol:

and you?
  • A-Vic
    and you?

o lord gobbys back :lol:

speaking of which where the hecks mark these days
  • LeeS2009
    o lord gobbys back :lol:

speaking of which where the hecks mark these days

Hello my lovely black flower......

Things not going great hun?
  • A-Vic
    Hello my lovely black flower......

Things not going great hun?

just keeping my head down and getting on with it till something better pops up
  • LeeS2009
    just keeping my head down and getting on with it till something better pops up

awwww hun you know if you can raise enough money i can have him shot ;-)
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    are you talking porkys my lovely???? :lol:
    No porkys, the guy just was absolutely not IT literate and figured it would work. I think he used to live in a cave somewhere before he started working here, needless to say, he didn't last more than 4 weeks.

It really was a blast, the first day he didn't know how to turn his PC on.

Then when he figured out (was told by someone) how to turn it on, he logged in and I was explaining him all kinds of stuff, asked him to send an email with a chaser to some people, only to find out he didn't know how to use outlook.

I said to copy and paste some stuff, and while explaining another colleague, I said I usually use Ctrl C + Ctrl V for copying and when they tried to figure something out together, he told her Ctrl C + V was not the same as right click copy and paste... And that he wasn't sure if she was allowed to do that...

They kept him for 4 weeks before he got fired.
  • LeeS2009
    No porkys, the guy just was absolutely not IT literate and figured it would work. I think he used to live in a cave somewhere before he started working here, needless to say, he didn't last more than 4 weeks.

It really was a blast, the first day he didn't know how to turn his PC on.

Then when he figured out (was told by someone) how to turn it on, he logged in and I was explaining him all kinds of stuff, asked him to send an email with a chaser to some people, only to find out he didn't know how to use outlook.

I said to copy and paste some stuff, and while explaining another colleague, I said I usually use Ctrl C + Ctrl V for copying and when they tried to figure something out together, he told her Ctrl C + V was not the same as right click copy and paste... And that he wasn't sure if she was allowed to do that...

They kept him for 4 weeks before he got fired.

Nah....still think your lying ;-) :lol:
  • A-Vic
    heres one for you lot of brainiacks

i now work a 4 day week but with the same contracted hours (all it means i go to college on mondays but make up the hours the rest of the week) what happens about bank holiday mondays does that mean am not entitled to them??
  • jilt
    heres one for you lot of brainiacks

i now work a 4 day week but with the same contracted hours (all it means i go to college on mondays but make up the hours the rest of the week) what happens about bank holiday mondays does that mean am not entitled to them??

If college is closed due to holidays do you have to go into work?
  • A-Vic
    If college is closed due to holidays do you have to go into work?

well no as i do the same contracted hours in 4 days.

This has been doing my head in and wanted to know my rights before i went to the manager to find out what they say
  • jilt
    well no as i do the same contracted hours in 4 days

Then I'd say you're not entitled to be paid for bank holiday Mondays as it's not one of your contracted days. I now work Monday to Wednesday so won't be paid for Good Friday as it's not one of my days.

But someone else may disagree.
  • LeeS2009
    well no as i do the same contracted hours in 4 days.

This has been doing my head in and wanted to know my rights before i went to the manager to find out what they say

surely if you are fulfilling your contacted hours you are entitled to the same leave as previously. Its only in agreement that you work 4 days, i think its the contracted hours that the main thing here though, but I am not 100%
  • LeeS2009
    Then I'd say you're not entitled to be paid for bank holiday Mondays as it's not one of your contracted days. I now work Monday to Wednesday so won't be paid for Good Friday as it's not one of my days.

but it depends if her contract was amended for her course doesnt it. If you work a contract set of hours you work part time, but vic is still working a contractually binding full working week isnt she?
  • A-Vic

but thats what has me confused because i am considered working full time (even working 4 days) so i will be entitled to 28 days a year (which the law states am entilited to?)

Also to confuse you more i was switched from salary to an hourly rate
  • jilt
    Hmmm tricky one, as you don't to go into work when college is closed then I'd say you work 4 days per week, but I can see where Lee is coming from.

As my days in the office went from 5 to 4, and from 4 to 3, may holiday entitlement went down with it. I still had exactly the same duties going from 5 to 4, and it's only now after a few months of working 3 days that a little of the work has been taken off me, well pushed onto someone.

Do you actually work the same number of hours per week over 4 days as when you worked 5? If you were to have a weeks holiday then surely you'd get paid the same amount, it gets tricky when you start having odd days off. But you could argue that the weekly wage should be divided by 4 not 5 if you take a day and therefore you'll get paid more for each day giving you exactly the same pay is if you were at work all week (4 days)

Now I'm rambling, they've finally got to me! Did any of that make any sense? ....lol
  • LeeS2009
    I dont think it matters, the only binding contract of employment is the one you signed. If they didnt re-arrange/re-new your contract when you went from 5 days to 4 because they assumed it doesnt matter because you continue to work your "contracted" hours then they really dont have a leg to stand on.

As long as you work your "contracted" 37.5 or 40 hour week ( or whatever it is)
  • A-Vic
    but did you keep the same day hours or did you make up the hours? i mean (ok am ramberling now) you work 3 days a week but 35 hours?

ok better explaned

before college i worked 8 till 3

but now work

7.45 till 4.30 (extra 1.45 which makes 7 hours the missing monday hours)
  • A-Vic
    I dont think it matters, the only binding contract of employment is the one you signed. If they didnt re-arrange/re-new your contract when you went from 5 days to 4 because they assumed it doesnt matter because you continue to work your "contracted" hours then they really dont have a leg to stand on.

As long as you work your "contracted" 37.5 or 40 hour week ( or whatever it is)

please dont laugh no written work contract (its getting better isnt it :lol: )
  • LeeS2009

oh for f sake.

what are you like? If thats true then you basically have to do what you are told and either accept it or get out of there.
  • jilt

No me neither, think I've only ever had one actual written contract!
    oh for f sake.

lol .......... doesn't really matter though, it's deemed to have been accpeted by both parties isn't it?
  • LeeS2009
    No me neither, think I've only ever had one actual written contract!
    oh for f sake.

lol .......... doesn't really matter though, it's deemed to have been accpeted by both parties into it?

accpeted??????

lol come on Jil get your finger out of your as5 and type with 2 hands lol
  • A-Vic
    oh for f sake.

what are you like? If thats true then you basically have to do what you are told and either accept it or get out of there.

by george i think hes got it
  • LeeS2009
    by george i think hes got it

well you didnt tell me you didnt have a contract did you, you bloody herb
Privacy Policy