Your one stop thread for all things off topic (aka "Study Buddy II")

Comments

• LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Jan wrote: ยป
    Yeah, can't get by without my daily "fix" !!

But I am on only 500 posts, unlike some veterans on 5k plus.

awwww think of yourself like god hun, you dont say much but you are always there :lol:
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    You know what they say about the quiet ones!

Anyway, gotta go or these farmers won't get invoiced, nice to speak to you again!
  • LeeS2009
    Jan wrote: ยป
    You know what they say about the quiet ones!

Anyway, gotta go or these farmers won't get invoiced, nice to speak to you again!

You too Jan take care hun
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Nah I havent been on for a while...its very quiet on here...is this an off day is it usually like this now?

BTW - Great to meet you!!!

Nice meeting you too!

I think it's usually a bit less quiet, but usually Monday's I'm asleep at work and not posting much. Not sure, but I think I'm not the only one with that.

Or it could be that I scared everyone away :(
  • LeeS2009
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    Nice meeting you too!

I think it's usually a bit less quiet, but usually Monday's I'm asleep at work and not posting much. Not sure, but I think I'm not the only one with that.

Or it could be that I scared everyone away :(

Ah well...thats something we will have to remedy!! Liven up the shop a bit!!

I am sure you have scared nobody....if anybody scares anyone away its the blobster!! (he wont like me calling him blobster, hehehe) and he is just a softy really.

so where are you from rinske whats your morning glory?
  • Rinske
    I'm living in the sunny Bournemouth nowadays, for the past 2 years. Quite interesting place to live really, but at the moment I work full time in accounts, study the rest of the time and try to relax a bit now and then in between!

If it was up to my cat, my time should be spent stroking her and when I need a break, feeding her candy! Sadly for her, it doesn't work that way!

How about you?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Sorry bit of a rant to follow people of a nervious postion please look away:-

Just had the most abusive phone call ever in 5 years for an angry client it took me slamming the phone down and taking the phone off the hook so no call back id had enough.

Well put in a message to my boss saying how abusive the client was and wanted a call back there and then.

well the boss rang the client from my office laughing and joking which i was a bit miffed at but brushed it off. Well when he hung up i said i dont know how he was able to clam the client down but he had.

His responce totally sickened me almost to the point of walking out. "well i have a choice i dont have to take it but you dont have a choice you just have to put up with it and they can talk to you the way they did"

Is it me being unreasonable or was that just totally out of line?
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Sorry bit of a rant to follow people of a nervious postion please look away:-

Just had the most abusive phone call ever in 5 years for an angry client it took me slamming the phone down and taking the phone off the hook so no call back id had enough.

Well put in a message to my boss saying how abusive the client was and wanted a call back there and then.

well the boss rang the client from my office laughing and joking which i was a bit miffed at but brushed it off. Well when he hung up i said i dont know how he was able to clam the client down but he had.

His responce totally sickened me almost to the point of walking out. "well i have a choice i dont have to take it but you dont have a choice you just have to put up with it and they can talk to you the way they did"

Is it me being unreasonable or was that just totally out of line?

from a fellow colleague and just-an-employee point of view that was completely OUT OF LINE

from a working point of view unfortunately that is how in some departments things work .... i have had the same

i have had answers like "well tough i am a manager and you are not , some of us are valuable some like you are not"
  • A-Vic
    the thing for me tho is how the heck now does the boss expect me to respect him if it showed by how much respect he showed me with that comment.

O forgot to add this was due to the bosses mess up not mine why the client was upset
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    the thing for me tho is how the heck now does the boss expect me to respect him if it showed by how much respect he showed me with that comment.

O forgot to add this was due to the bosses mess up not mine why the client was upset

well i overcame the problem having a meeting with my manager and telling her EVERYTHING that was bothering me

I even told her that as a manager she sucked!!! we spent more than two hours in the room sorting things out
  • Rinske
    Well, it's a pretty bad comment of your boss to be fair. Manager or not, customer or not, politeness is always required!

I had a pretty bad customer who would get very abusive with people as well, especially if she didn't understand what you tried to tell her. She called to tell me what I did was wrong and started cursing, calling me names and yelling at me and then when I explained her why it was right and why I did it that way, she was all friendly again. She never apologized though.

Her accountant (that was when I worked in payroll) would just not take any action on it and say that's the way she is, and you just have to take it.

I don't think it's a fair comment of your manager. He might be right in calling the customer to calm him/her down, but I do think your manager should support you in this a bit more. You should not have to take this from any customer.

If it's your own company you can tell them to find a new accountant, if you are an employee, your boss should be dealing with it in a similar way and asking the customer to complain to him and stay friendly to you (for example).

I'm with you on the walking out, but try and stay there, try and keep the job! It might be a crappy job, but it's still a monthly payment! (that's how I look at it).

I just had a very weird encounter with my manager as well. I walked in his office to get the keys of the cash book and he actually said Hello, how are you today?
    The last time he asked me that is more than a year ago. (not joking). I am now left wondering if it means I will be made redundant soon. How bad is that!
  • A-Vic
    i was advised once look at a job from 5 perspectives

Money
    Work itself
    and finally people you work with

I was told if you get 3 out of 5 its worth it sad fact is i score it two. Had a big meeting in november and was promised allsorts and left very positive, its now march and nothing close to what was promised.

Am not going to make brash decisions today as it wasnt a good day anyway and exams coming up in June but after that time to consider my options and shop around, its obervious that things arnt gonna get much better and i only work in a small practise so really no opertunities available here anyway which shows after 5 years and still holding the same job title.

Sorry for rant
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ

Money
    Work itself

I was told if you get 3 out of 5 its worth it sad fact is i score it two. Had a big meeting in november and was promised allsorts and left very positive, its now march and nothing close to what was promised.

Am not going to make brash decisions today as it wasnt a good day anyway and exams coming up in June but after that time to consider my options and shop around, its obervious that things arnt gonna get much better and i only work in a small practise so really no opertunities available here anyway which shows after 5 years and still holding the same job title.

Sorry for rant

I feel for you ... it sounds like you would probably have moved a couple of years ago if it hadn't been for the downturn!

Keep going, chin up and how about letting things cool down and asking for a meeting to discuss follow-up from your positive November meeting?

I can't believe how they are behaving, you always seem such an up-beat person on here and I don't think its fair that they're dragging you down like this!

Anna x
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • A-Vic
    Thanks Anniem at least its hometime hot bath a calories for tonight :) byeeee alll
  • Rinske
    I agree with Anniem on this!

Enjoy the hometime!
  • LeeS2009

Money
    Work itself

Sorry for rant

That is disrespectful of your manager and shows that he has disregarded your importance to him and the team, no manager is perfect but I find that loyalty to your team is a vital quality to have as a manager. Unfortunately he can make comments like that and if he doesnt stick by you and back you, which he should do (It will actually be part of his job description as a manager) then you must take it on yourelf.

It depends on your character, if it has upset you that much then you can request a meeting with the intention of filing a grievence, and tell him you expect his backing as employee welfare is part of his contract. If he is not willing to back you in future incidents similar to this then file a grievance. Or you can take it on the chin, and forget it until after exams, and find a new job or take it on the chin, let it well up inside you until it drives you insane and you end up exploding while decorating his head with a keyboard. I would love to see the 3rd one, but suggest the first.

by the way....Good Morning!
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Alternatively, you could sit there hoping that he is really pee'd off with his job, he ups sticks and finds something else, and YOU GET PROMOTED!

This, I think, might be called Icing on Cake!!! (Unless you really don't like where you work!)
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • LeeS2009
    or again, win the lottery tell your manager to shove it and jet off to sunny lands!!!!

:lol:
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I've been pratting about restoring Sage backups for the past few days as I'd misplaced some reports etc that we needed to produce the year end accounts. I've restored July 09 and then back to current backup about 3 times and for one awful minute there I thought I'd deleted the current backup :ohmy:

I still feel sick thinking about having to post everything again back to August!! Phew!
  • Rinske
    jilt wrote: ยป
    I've been pratting about restoring Sage backups for the past few days as I'd misplaced some reports etc that we needed to produce the year end accounts. I've restored July 09 and then back to current backup about 3 times and for one awful minute there I thought I'd deleted the current backup :ohmy:

I still feel sick thinking about having to post everything again back to August!! Phew!
    Glad you found it all back Jilt!

Have a cookie and a cup of tea to celebrate you didn't loose it!
  • jilt

Thank God I've not lost anything for our other company!
  • LeeS2009

Yes i bet your boss is glad to hun, its hard enough to get you to do one job never mind do it twice!!! :lol:
  • jilt
    Yes i bet your boss is glad to hun, its hard enough to get you to do one job never mind do it twice!!! :lol:

Hey you want a slap? I'll have you know I've been squeezing 5 days work into 3 for the past few months you cheeky whippersnapper...........lol

Things are gonna change though otherwise I'll end up killing a certain person. And as soon as I have enough clients I'm off to run my practice full time.
  • LeeS2009
    Hey you want a slap? I'll have you know I've been squeezing 5 days work into 3 for the past few months you cheeky whippersnapper...........lol

Things are gonna change though otherwise I'll end up killing a certain person. And as soon as I have enough clients I'm off to run my practice full time.

oooohhhh Jil.....my love.....my darling.....i hunger for your touch....a ...long.....lonely time....:lol:

I love it when you try and make people believe you work hard.....its....sooo...naughty!!! hahaha
  • Rinske
    Things are gonna change though otherwise I'll end up killing a certain person.

Unless it's a slow painful dead, the revenge is not worth it, as you end up in troubles for it!

Try and making the other person's life miserable is the best thing to do!

Could I suggest itching powder on chairs, pepper (white) on cigarettes, tea/ coffee with fake milk (powdered milk can be easily mixed with salt or dishwasher salt for example and instead of normal milk, soya milk). (I have not tried any of these yet, apart from the white pepper on cigarettes, which gave quite a nice result)

However changing the computer screen from normal to upside down via Ctrl+ Alt+ Down key is one of my favourites, just to add small annoyances, most people don't know how to turn it back and have to call IT.
  • LeeS2009
    Unless it's a slow painful dead, the revenge is not worth it, as you end up in troubles for it!

Try and making the other person's life miserable is the best thing to do!

Could I suggest itching powder on chairs, pepper (white) on cigarettes, tea/ coffee with fake milk (powdered milk can be easily mixed with salt or dishwasher salt for example and instead of normal milk, soya milk). (I have not tried any of these yet, apart from the white pepper on cigarettes, which gave quite a nice result)

However changing the computer screen from normal to upside down via Ctrl+ Alt+ Down key is one of my favourites, just to add small annoyances, most people don't know how to turn it back and have to call IT.

I like your style!!!
  • jilt

:lol: that would blow his mind!
  • jilt
    oooohhhh Jil.....my love.....my darling.....i hunger for your touch....a ...long.....lonely time....:lol:

Come over Lee,...I'll touch you!
  • LeeS2009
    [QUOTE=Rinske;

However changing the computer screen from normal to upside down via Ctrl+ Alt+ Down key is one of my favourites, just to add small annoyances, most people don't know how to turn it back and have to call IT.[/QUOTE]

Our Jill???? a small annoyance!!????? Mwa ha ha ha ha
  • LeeS2009
    Come over Lee,...I'll touch you!

lol nah its ok i can remember your previous avatar lol....besides i cant remember if yours was the cave with the swamp outside it or the one with the skulls hanging off the trees :lol:
Privacy Policy