exam results

Comments

• messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    is form tutors included in that? If so i win :)
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    nope...........had replacement tutors in all the classes i took in the first year and one of them left with 2 months left of the first year.....so that year we hads fun fun fun ...........especially when we found out that one of tutors we had ....was talking ill with a mental breakdown.......was it our fault ??
  • messedup89
    aw thats mean
  • mark130273
    yeh but even worse was the other one that left us in the lurch,as to say, she left us and someone else took over and after a couple of weeks we found out that she had fallen down the stais and she had to walk round with one of the large metal cages around her neck......

we did not laugh ??:laugh::laugh:
  • Glynis
    Glynis Registered Posts: 488 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Steve I did misunderstand your comment though it was harsh IMO.

I am very stressed at the minute as I thought AAT would be done after DFS. I am struggling to deal with the audit sim. Nothing makes sense with it I don't even understand the logic. C

Can you help?
  • messedup89
    Glynis wrote: »
    Steve I did misunderstand your comment though it was harsh IMO.

I am very stressed at the minute as I thought AAT would be done after DFS. I am struggling to deal with the audit sim. Nothing makes sense with it I don't even understand the logic. C

Can you help?

aw please dont say that. I will be doing the audit sim in jan next year. It will be my last thing on level 4. I cant fail it!
    Tell me its not too hard? :crying:
  • mark130273
    Glynis . its strange on how some people can forget on how hard it can be whenstudying and how everything didnt click for them straight away, my tutor this year had a few "lets just say non-english" people in his class and he lost his temper a coupkle of times with them when they couldnt get it with a couple of weeks to go. and i thought at the time it was wrong for him to lose his temper as he is there to help all the people and try and get everyone through it ?
  • welshboy
    welshboy Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    Steve,

Where did you see the June exam review in PQ magazine as I cannot locate this on the website?
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor 🐘
    welshboy wrote: »
    Steve,

Where did you see the June exam review in PQ magazine as I cannot locate this on the website?

Hi,

It was in the printed copy where they evaluated all of the AAT papers. The commentary was basically along the lines of that the Exam Review Board felt the paper should not have presented any surprises to candidates, but there was an additional smaller piece which said that tuition providers are becoming increasingly concerned about the predictability of DFS and that DFS is generally considered the easiest of all the technician level papers, which I think it is.

In my personal opinion, DFS should be more technically challenging as it is the final accounting paper for AAT and often one which prospective ACCA students use to initiate their knowledge for F7. Recent sittings have just used past papers with different numbers, which defeats the object I think!

Kind regards
    Steve
  • ly.mason
    ly.mason Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    has anyone noticed if you log in to myaat it welcomes you and mine says now your aat qualified apply for full membership - i'm still waiting for results is this always there?????
  • hellsbells208
    hellsbells208 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    mine says that too, thats just gunna make the next two weeks take even longer!!! two weeks and counting good luck everybody
  • lewpylew
    lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Scary at how time is going quick, but feels like it was years ago since we did the exams! Roll on 2 weeks time then I can stop counting down the days & hopefully go out to celebrate! x
  • Pencil
    Pencil Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    ly.mason wrote: »
    has anyone noticed if you log in to myaat it welcomes you and mine says now your aat qualified apply for full membership - i'm still waiting for results is this always there?????

I'm so glad yours says the same, I was starting to think it was just me. Perhaps they've put this on all Technician level members Myaat. A lad in our office that is at Intermediate doesn't have anything like this on his log in.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw it but hoping it skips two beats in two weeks time :thumbup1:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Starting to get butterflys now the statement of achievement has been taken off till 19th August big count down people
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    A-Vic wrote: »
    Starting to get butterflys now the statement of achievement has been taken off till 19th August big count down people

ooooooooooooooooooooooo :001_tongue:
  • heartsandstars
    heartsandstars Registered Posts: 76 Regular contributor ⭐
    I got the results of my audit simulation today, and I have 3 extra questions to do, which hopefully I will be competent in before the exam results come out.

Starting to get nervous now - I am waiting on PEV, PCR and DFS results and the latter reduced me to tears after the exam! :laugh: :crying:

Hopefully though I didn't fluff it up too much and when I had my MAS project in I will be completed by the end of August. Although its nice to know that I can retake in December if I did mess one up, but positive thinking hey?
  • DOTTY
    DOTTY Registered Posts: 22 New contributor 🐸
    Hi All

I have been reading all your worries about results........ no one has mentioned MAC. I am awaiting MAC and PTC. PTC was as fine no real hiccups but MAC (my worst subject in the whole wide world) in my opinion was very involved, i only just got to the end in the time provided, i didn't get time to check and upon reflection and talking to my friends did realise i made some diffy mistakes..............which i reckon maybe i would have spotted upon checking over what i had done. I am hoping over all i showed some form of competance as i knew how much MAC phased me so i started revising for it as we were being taught it and carried on revsing till the morning of the exam!!!! but i am not gong to let it worry me if i have to resit then so be it......... i will get there in the end
    :001_smile:
  • rachelrunshaw
    rachelrunshaw Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi everyone

I too am awaiting results although mine are for the FRA paper. I work for a firm of chartered accountants 4 days a week and attend college on my day off to study AAT which I also self fund. Have just found out today that I will only receive a pay rise (first in 18 months) if I pass this exam!!
    What's that all about? I passed ECR in Dec 2008 and have completed all my simulations including most of Unit 10 (my college lied and told me I had to do 3000 words this year). If I was on a study package I could agree with this, but I think this is downright unfair. When I voiced my disappointment I was met with the "economic climate" crap they are so fond of spouting. Honestly, with targets, time sheets and unrealistic recoverability rates - I'm starting to wonder why I bothered. Thank you, sorry, rant over!
  • mi|kshake
    mi|kshake Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor ⭐
    Really hoping I pass DFS - but I know my section 2 was a bit pish!

mi|kshake~
  • angela27
    angela27 Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    PISH!!! ha ha ha ha surely youve got to be a fellow Scot there milkshake saying pish love it lol
  • mark130273
    mi|kshake wrote: »
    Really hoping I pass DFS - but I know my section 2 was a bit pish!

mi|kshake~

PISH !! what a word..........

bring the results ...cant wait....
  • AK002
    mark130273 wrote: »
    PISH !! what a word..........

bring the results ...cant wait....

Wash your mouth out ;)
  • mark130273
    AK002 wrote: »
    Wash your mouth out ;)

what with thou.............as long as it beer.....yeh ok !
  • AK002
    I agree :)!
  • mark130273
    AK002 wrote: »
    I agree :)!

you agree with anything about beer......:thumbup:
  • messedup89
    marks back to finish off all the threads :D
  • AK002
    messedup89 wrote: »
    marks back to finish off all the threads :D

As per lol
  • Moseley_21
    Moseley_21 Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
    Im thinking there may be a few poorly heads next tuesday morning!! Either way i think we all deserve a few drinks!! :-)
  • messedup89
    Moseley_21 wrote: »
    Im thinking there may be a few poorly heads next tuesday morning!! Either way i think we all deserve a few drinks!! :-)

too right, just a shame most of us will be in work :thumbdown:
  • Chris023
    Chris023 Registered Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    Does anyone know when the tutors actually get the results? I know that they cannot tell us before hand :( but I was just curious

Thanks in advance
Privacy Policy