Interview with a difference....

Options
X5wrangler
X5wrangler Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Dear All,
please can you help me?? Any hints or tips would be appreciated.
I have an interview on Tuesday next week. It will be working weekends with the police force looking after their dogs. Now, I've done the easy part, I've had a practical assessment where I went into a huge german shepherds kennel, put a lead and chain on him, walked him to a compound and played ball, :w00t:, came away with my arms and throat intact. I then passed the drugs test with the spaniel.....:001_rolleyes: Anyway, I now have a formal interview with the Inspector and the Sargeant, how do I convince them a Finance Analyst with a professional qualification and 20 years experience wants to pick up dog poo!!!!!!
Any ideas?
Cheers
Mandy
Β«134567

Comments

• speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Take some poo bags in with you. At least then they will know you are keen.

Good luck.
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    By the way. Why do you want to pick up poo?
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    speegs wrote: Β»
    By the way. Why do you want to pick up poo?

lol i think thats just an unfortunate downside. Ive got a german shephard. Their barks litterally worse then there bite. So easy to handle :thumbup:
  • X5wrangler
    Options
    Picking up poo is a major part of keeping and looking after a dog unfortuantely :laugh:, can't just do all the best bits!!!!!
    Like your suggestions speegs, might have a pocket full of gravy bones as well!!!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Their barks literally worse then there bite

People who've been bitten by them - including me as a small child - would disagree with that. Kinda like saying Fred West was a damn good builder.
  • X5wrangler
    Options
    A GSD can be very intimidating and they are not all nice (bad owners IMPO), they should be treated accordingly and if I saw one out in the street, I would be cautious and go the other way! I have been lucky and have never been bitten by a dog, I imagine it is a grim experience.
  • messedup89
    Options
    ok MY german sheps bark is litterally worse than her bite. She a big softie, scared of my cat. However if someone tried to hurt us she wouldnt hesitate for a second. be nice and she will be 2 :D
  • X5wrangler
    Options
    I had a shepherd for 10 years and she was my big bear girl and I'm still trying to get along without her, hence the need to be around them.....:crying:
    She was the same, she looked after me and I wouldn't have had it any other way. I now feel so vunerable without her. If I don't get the job then i'm having another shepherd so win/win for Mandy!!!!!:thumbup:
  • messedup89
    Options
    lol i'd get a shep regardless. Im after i shep pup next year (moving out of home so my shep and other dog has to stay behind with parents)
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Their bark's literally worse then their bite. So easy to handle :thumbup:
    The same could be said of Robert too!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    CJC wrote: Β»
    The same could be said of Robert too!

Now this could be interesting - pulls up a chair:lol:
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Mostly true as my temper is much calmer now than twenty years ago. And my twelve old told me off for my recent swearfest on Facebook so I'll have to face the music tomorrow...
  • Baggybooks
    Baggybooks Registered Posts: 522 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Umm. Sorry Mandy. Hope you find help somewhere...these guys don't seem too focused on the original question.
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Dear All,
    please can you help me?? Any hints or tips would be appreciated.
    I have an interview on Tuesday next week. It will be working weekends with the police force looking after their dogs. Now, I've done the easy part, I've had a practical assessment where I went into a huge german shepherds kennel, put a lead and chain on him, walked him to a compound and played ball, :w00t:, came away with my arms and throat intact. I then passed the drugs test with the spaniel.....:001_rolleyes: Anyway, I now have a formal interview with the Inspector and the Sargeant, how do I convince them a Finance Analyst with a professional qualification and 20 years experience wants to pick up dog poo!!!!!!
    Any ideas?
    Cheers
    Mandy

I would suggest that you don't labour the point that you recently lost "Moo".
    You don't want them to believe this is purely selfish(sort of on the rebound).

I think that you have to emphasise that you are a doggy person and you have been tied up in your career for so long. Your partner works away and you have a lot of spare time on your hands. After years of taking from the system, you see this as a way of giving back. It also releases qualified police personnel to concentrate on their main job.

Hope this helps

Good luck
    Peter
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    cant help you with the interview...but i just have to ask "WHY?"
  • X5wrangler
    Options
    FG, you are a star, many thanks. It is a thin line and I need to get across it's not because I need to replace my dog but to give something.
    Mark - Why not? :lol:
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Sorry Mate,

Can't help you with the interview, Peters (FG's) answer seems very good! All I can do is wish you all the very best of luck and hope that everything goes well for you :thumbup:

Take care

Trace
    xx
  • Baggybooks
    Baggybooks Registered Posts: 522 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Good luck Mandy!
  • X5wrangler
    Options
    Thanks Trace & H,
    It sounds bizarre but it means a lot to me and I want to get it right!
    Well done Tracy on your new job x
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Thanks Mandy

Is this job to run alongside your current one, or is it a total replacement career move???

ps. I'm seeing my brother tomorrow he's a Met policeman - he may have an insight into the way they think (or knowing him he will be of no help at all!!!)
  • X5wrangler
    Options
    Yes, this is an addition. Need to get around some of the Work Time directives if I get offered the job but I will worry about that if I get through. Any information would be extremely appreciated!!!!
    Cheers :thumbup:
  • mark130273
    Options
    its just seems a total change in career ?
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    lol i think thats just an unfortunate downside. Ive got a german shephard. Their barks litterally worse then there bite. So easy to handle :thumbup:

Gosh!!! messedup we have the same like in humour, we both watch lion man and I have 2 german shepherds.........................spooky getting a little bit like single white female:lol::lol:
  • Diannew
    Options
    Thanks Trace & H,
    It sounds bizarre but it means a lot to me and I want to get it right!
    Well done Tracy on your new job x

Good luck.............I love dogs especially German Sheperds and could not think of a better rewarding Job.
  • messedup89
    Options
    Diannew wrote: Β»
    Gosh!!! messedup we have the same like in humour, we both watch lion man and I have 2 german shepherds.........................spooky getting a little bit like single white female:lol::lol:

lol just a little. Wonder if we have anything else in common? :confused1:
  • mark130273
    Options
    :001_tt1:
    lol just a little. Wonder if we have anything else in common? :confused1:

get a room !!!!:lol::lol::lol:

• LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options

and a camcorder :001_tt2::thumbup::thumbup:
  • Diannew
    Options

Ha Ha...................typical male answere...brain being led by something else:lol::lol:
  • LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Diannew wrote: Β»
    Ha Ha...................typical male answere...brain being led by something else:lol::lol:

hey if men didnt think with that you probably wouldnt be alive!!!:001_tt2:
  • Diannew
    Options
    LeeS2009 wrote: Β»
    and a camcorder :001_tt2::thumbup::thumbup:

Ditto Marks reply.......................you sad boy's:lol::lol:
Privacy Policy