X Factor

Comments

• CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Diannew wrote: »
    I like haggis
    So do I but I'll only eat the free-range ones.
  • Aaron C Rescue
    Aaron C Rescue Registered Posts: 76 Regular contributor ⭐
    blobbyh wrote: »
    Once again that only reinforces my point rather than countering it.

Can you point me out to the post where you defined 'exceptional management'? As I really would like to see what definition it is that I am purportedly reinforcing.

I am aware that I have pointed out that money is a large deciding factor in success, that the entire team behind artists is another deciding factor, that the best managers are the 'money men', and that neither Radiohead or Iron Maiden started out with 'exceptional management' - yet they remain to this day with that same management.

Besides which, the exceptional thing about 'exceptional management', is they manage to keep their failures a secret.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Just for you and Di

As you know, it takes a REAL man to wear a kilt

Did someone say real scottish man, hi.
    mark130273 wrote: »
    northern pansy !!!

LOL shurrup scouser..
    Aye, Hen, we Scots need to stick together against these sassenachs.....lol

:lol:
    CJC wrote: »
    So do I but I'll only eat the free-range ones.

wee deviants so they are...
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    AK002 wrote: »
    Did someone say real scottish man, hi.

LOL shurrup scouser..

:lol:

wee deviants so they are...

Catching up a little there AK
  • AK002
    Aye LOL was busy y.day and probably the day too!

You don't always have to call me AK LOL.. can call me my real name ;-)
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Aye LOL was busy y.day and probably the day too!

You don't always have to call me AK LOL.. can call me my real name ;-)

What's that? 002????lol
  • AK002
    Yeah i'm like 007.........

Arif :).
  • A-Vic

yeah the names bond Brook Bond license to make brews lolol
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️

more like johnny english !!!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Frankly Aaron, this is becoming a tired argument as it's not a difficult concept to understand. As I've said several times now, a group can be fantastically musically talented but without an exceptional manager - which can sometimes be a member of the group or the would-be star themselves - opening doorways to the record companies, fame and fortune will rarely beckon. Clearly Rod Smallwood was a naturally talented manager from the beginning, even more so to keep Maiden near the top of the metal heirarchy long after their sell by date. Same goes for Metallica who haven't made anything decent in nearly two decades but can still fill stadiums and sell squillions of dodgy albums. Both groups have clearly enjoyed exceptional management whereas Poison and Ratt merely had good managers since their success wasn't sustained. In this respect, music is the same as many other profit making businesses, where good salesmen can continue to flog an average product to the paying public even though it may have lost it's once magnetic qualities or not be the best available.

As you yourself implied, and as most of us already know, the misc biz is notoriously cut throat and extremely fickle, so without excellent representation, people will either get nowhere or not stay there once they have.
  • Aaron C Rescue
    Frankly Aaron, this is becoming a tired argument as it's not a difficult concept to understand.

Considering you know nothing whatsoever about me, I find that comment tediously patronising. If you are bored with the thread, the simple solution is to toddle off and not bother coming back.

I'll hang around here and enjoy the conversation about X Factor, and the teams of professional people behind them, and you head off in another direction, and stop clogging the thread with irrelevant talk about the subgenres of heavy metal. After all people tend to stop listening to that stuff when they leave their teens and their acne has cleared up.
  • AK002
    A-Vic wrote: »
    yeah the names bond Brook Bond license to make brews lolol
    more like johnny english !!!

LOL god i love you guys.....

*rolls eyes*
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    ... stop clogging the thread with irrelevant talk about the subgenres of heavy metal. After all people tend to stop listening to that stuff when they leave their teens and their acne has cleared up.

Well, that's me, A-Vic, Blue Wednesday, Paul24 and a few others on here f*cked then... As for mentioning metal, it was you that introduced the genre into this conversation and until your last idiotic comment above, the thread had indeed been quite stimulating with - dare I say it? - yours and my own posts perhaps among the most readable. But since you reduced this to a more personal level and having now read some of your previous posts, it seems to me you have some kind of axe to grind with the record industry and illegal pirates (not the Treasure Island kind) hence your mid life career change into accountancy. Well done, I applaud you for that - you've made a change that many others of us have also done but it doesn't mean you have exclusive rights to comment on your previous business just because you were once associated with it.

I'm not tired of the thread in general, just of you and your hidden angst Aaron, but I bow down and agree that yours must surely be the one true opinion on this subject matter so I'll leave this once stimulating thread to you (plus I promise never to mention pirates, I mean Mac compatibility, again which is where I seem to have first p*ssed you off).

"Aha, me hearties..."
  • mark130273
    LOL god i love you guys.....

*rolls eyes*

and we love you too !!!!LOL
  • LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Well, that's me, A-Vic, Blue Wednesday, Paul24 and a few others on here f*cked then... As for mentioning metal, it was you that introduced the genre into this conversation and until your last idiotic comment above, the thread had indeed been quite stimulating with - dare I say it? - yours and my own posts perhaps among the most readable. But since you reduced this to a more personal level and having now read some of your previous posts, it seems to me you have some kind of axe to grind with the record industry and illegal pirates (not the Treasure Island kind) hence your mid life career change into accountancy. Well done, I applaud you for that - you've made a change that many others of us have also done but it doesn't mean you have exclusive rights to comment on your previous business just because you were once associated with it.

I'm not tired of the thread in general, just of you and your hidden angst Aaron, but I bow down and agree that yours must surely be the one true opinion on this subject matter so I'll leave this once stimulating thread to you (plus I promise never to mention pirates, I mean Mac compatibility, again which is where I seem to have first p*ssed you off).

"Aha, me hearties..."

lol blobbyh......i dont think you could get an erection without p*ssing somebody off :lol:
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    LeeS2009 wrote: »
    lol blobbyh......i dont think you could get an erection without p*ssing somebody off :lol:

Lee......how rude are you !!!!!!!!!
  • LeeS2009
    Lee......how rude are you !!!!!!!!!

what!!?? I am just saying that everytime i read blobbyh's posts somebody gets ribbed lol....thats not a criticism i think its brilliant :lol:
  • A-Vic

do you kiss anybody with that mouth tut
  • Diannew
    what!!?? I am just saying that everytime i read blobbyh's posts somebody gets ribbed lol....thats not a criticism i think its brilliant :lol:

Sorry Lee.....read the post wrong LOL

My mistake...It's Blobby you were talking about LOL
  • LeeS2009
    A-Vic wrote: »
    do you kiss anybody with that mouth tut

whats wrong with the word erection!!!????

you both erect things all the time!!!
  • Diannew
    whats wrong with the word erection!!!????

you both erect things all the time!!!

Tut Tut Lee....you must be hard up to come out with a sentence like that LOL
  • LeeS2009
    Tut Tut Lee....you must be hard up to come out with a sentence like that LOL

:lol: its time for me to go so safe journey home all and have a great evening!!
  • A-Vic
    :lol: its time for me to go so safe journey home all and have a great evening!!

you too
  • mark130273
    i see lee has been bringing the tone of the convo down to the gutter !!!
  • LeeS2009
    i see lee has been bringing the tone of the convo down to the gutter !!!

mark how dare you imply such a thing!
  • mark130273
    mark how dare you imply such a thing!

well aslong as its not me......hahahahaha
  • LeeS2009
    well aslong as its not me......hahahahaha

for a change :lol:
  • mark130273
    for a change :lol:

like i would ever bring the tone of any convo up that far............oopsss i meant down to that level !!!hahaha
  • Aaron C Rescue
    Well, that's me, A-Vic, Blue Wednesday, Paul24 and a few others on here f*cked then... As for mentioning metal, it was you that introduced the genre into this conversation

You may want to have a look at post number 52 in this thread. It is the first mention of the subgenres of heavy metal. It is a post made by you.

I named a specific management company, and the heavy metal act that they managed as an example of someone not having the exceptional management which you posted of. That was post 103 - a full 51 posts after you first mentioned the subgenres of heavy metal. Still, best not let the facts spoil your opinion, eh?
    But since you reduced this to a more personal level and having now read some of your previous posts, it seems to me you have some kind of axe to grind with the record industry and illegal pirates (not the Treasure Island kind) hence your mid life career change into accountancy.

Nope. Mid life change was down to having children, despite the name I am a woman, and you cannot work 16 hour days 7 days a week if you want a healthy family life. As I said, you know nothing about me, and once again let's not let the facts get in the way of you forming your opinion or my bending you over my knee and giving you a good spanking.
    Well done, I applaud you for that - you've made a change that many others of us have also done but it doesn't mean you have exclusive rights to comment on your previous business just because you were once associated with it.

Precisely, which is why I was attempting to have you to elaborate on your broad brush stroke of a comment of 'Exceptional management' and engage in a discussion. Hence my request to you to have you elaborate on your 'exceptional management' comment. You opening gambit to that request was ->
    "Frankly Aaron, this is becoming a tired argument as it's not a difficult concept to understand.
    Which, like a number of your other posts on other subjects, I personally thought it to be patronising, and of no help in developing the discussion.
    So, once again, don't let the facts get in the way of your misguided opinion that I want exclusive right to comment on the business, and here have some gummy bears, the sugar rush will help with your tiredness.
    I'm not tired of the thread in general, just of you and your hidden angst Aaron,
    but I bow down and agree that yours must surely be the one true opinion on this subject matter

Hidden Angst? That is twice now that you have mentioned 'Angst', I am beginning to believe that you have a penchant to project? Hidden Angst?? Whilst you are listening to, I dunno, metalcore (or whatever?), I'll be chillaxing to some Mogwai, before I get a second dose of the X Factor.
    so I'll leave this once stimulating thread to you (plus I promise never to mention pirates, I mean Mac compatibility, again which is where I seem to have first p*ssed you off).

MAC compatibility thread - you are right there. You can have that one. So tell me? When the AAT website has a technical problem with Mac compatible browsers, and we were requesting technical assistance, you decided to come into the thread, and toss an insult at us. Further more you didn't leave it at that, you later came back and gave us your opinion on the iPhone and the iPod, which again, we were not discussing. Well thanks for that, it was really constructive, helpful and informative of you.
  • A-Vic
    yiks thats one heck of a reply
Privacy Policy