why AAT accountants are only required for Accounts Assistant jobs?!??

Options

Comments

• Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Paul24 wrote: ยป
    Then it sounds like either the job doesnt suit your needs, or there is some management in the company. Can you take it up with your supervisor?

Definately this job doesn't suit my needs, but only because some people don't understand other people's position. I will raise this issue with my boss and if he doesn't take action, well...I thinks it's time to go somewhere else!
  • LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Read properly my previous post, I didn't say I don't respect senior colleagues, I said other colleagues don't recognise my position and give me admin tasks just because I'm an assistant, they think I assist everybody, when I want to assist only the accoutants!!!

You too Lee, please read what I said before, I'm happy with my job, I love work in accounts, but just accounts, I don't like when I've been given admin jobs when it's not my job!!!

But everyone needs to do some admin, the police do admin, the fire brigade do admin even special forces do admin!! so your not alone :lol:
  • Londina
    Options
    of course I don't mind when it's occasionally, but when it's taken for granted, no I don't accept it...
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    of course I don't mind when it's occasionally, but when it's taken for granted, no I don't accept it...

stubborn :lol::lol:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    admin is part of most peoples jobs......the worst thing is that if your charging out to a customer then admin cant really be charged ?
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    admin is part of most peoples jobs......the worst thing is that if your charging out to a customer then admin cant really be charged ?

then get an assistant :lol::lol:
  • Londina
    Options
    stubborn :lol::lol:

I know...I AM!!:laugh:
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    I know...I AM!!:laugh:

its ok to be stubborn :lol::lol: as long as you realise your wrong in the end!!:001_tt2:

I thought i was wrong once....but i wasnt i made a mistake :lol::lol:
  • Londina
    Options
    I have done nothing, so how could I be wrong? I'm against what others trying to dump on me...
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    I have done nothing, so how could I be wrong? I'm against what others trying to dump on me...

Mmmmmm... unless your in the whats known as the super duper higher earning bracket.....get used to it :lol::lol::lol:

Or you could just try being more assertive and say fcuk off.......(sorry i mean) no!! :thumbup:
  • mark130273
    Options
    then get an assistant :lol::lol:

and who is going to pay for this assistant.....or assistant accountant or accounts assistant...:laugh::laugh:
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    and who is going to pay for this assistant.....or assistant accountant or accounts assistant...:laugh::laugh:

:lol::lol: well if you bill the amount of hours you spend on here to your clients you would make a fortune!!!!!:lol::lol:
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    You could always delegate jobs that aren't part of your job description to the actual admin employee.

For the record, I'm 'only' AAT, I'm an Accountant, but I'm also the boss, so that would be why... :) My business partner is IFA and p/q CIMA and he's 'only' an Accountant also ;)
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    You could always delegate jobs that aren't part of your job description to the actual admin employee.

For the record, I'm 'only' AAT, I'm an Accountant, but I'm also the boss, so that would be why... :) My business partner is IFA and p/q CIMA and he's 'only' an Accountant also ;)

you need an assistant!!:thumbup:
  • mark130273
    Options
    :lol::lol: well if you bill the amount of hours you spend on here to your clients you would make a fortune!!!!!:lol::lol:

you cheeky barsteward !!!
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    you cheeky barsteward !!!

hehehe :001_tt2:

only joking. ......... keck.....keck....:001_tt2:
  • Monsoon
    Options
    you need an assistant!!:thumbup:

Thank you for reminding me!!

Seriously, there are adverts sitting on my desk, I have to go and distribute them and I keep forgetting :lol::lol::lol:

(PS we are advertising for an office assistant, we need a tea-boy/girl / filing darling, not an accounts assistant ;) )
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    Thank you for reminding me!!

Seriously, there are adverts sitting on my desk, I have to go and distribute them and I keep forgetting :lol::lol::lol:

(PS we are advertising for an office assistant, we need a tea-boy/girl / filing darling, not an accounts assistant ;) )

got the perfect girl for you!!! :thumbup1: European - latin temperament :lol::lol: very fiery :lol::lol: and stubborn!!:lol:
  • Monsoon
    Options
    I have a hard enough time with my business partner, we want a quiet life!!:lol:
    I'm sure he would like the sound of her tho :thumbup1:
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    I have a hard enough time with my business partner, we want a quiet life!!:lol:
    I'm sure he would like the sound of her tho :thumbup1:

some men like a fiery woman, i think we should try and fix them up :lol: could be the forums first blind date!!:lol:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Can someone define what exactly an accounts assistant / assitant account does?
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    No I really am only AAT qualified and I really am the Senior Accountant.

I have two other degrees, but I am not chartered or certified. Well maybe I am certified insane but I am not a certified bean counter.
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Anyway why does it matter about whether I am a senior accountant with my MAAT qualification. It is only a job title. When I applied for the job this just happened to be the title. I was not even AAT qualified at the time but I did have 10 years of accounting experience under my belt. The qualification was merely a formality. When applying for this job I also applied for many others some with "assistant" in the name and some without, who cares. It's your skill that matters surely?
  • Londina
    Options
    got the perfect girl for you!!! :thumbup1: European - latin temperament :lol::lol: very fiery :lol::lol: and stubborn!!:lol:

emmmmm....talking about me, the chica?:cool2:
  • Monsoon
    Options
    some men like a fiery woman, i think we should try and fix them up :lol: could be the forums first blind date!!:lol:

My BP has enough women in his life! I dread to think what would happen with another one! :laugh:
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Assistant accountants do all the work whilst their bosses take the credit over 3 hour lunches.....they spend the rest of their time waiting for said boss to retire, change title to 'accountant', & then get their own 'assistant' (note to self: become WAY too overworked circa retirement time).
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options

But you get paid to do what you do?! You're not a slave to the company, you are free to leave and get another job, if you can...

In general I'm amazed at the people that think they are owed a living, that companies should keep them entertained and pay them well for the privaledge. Truth is, a lot of people would kill for those jobs at the moment and be loving to do the admin! So quit, try and get a better job!
  • Londina
    Options
    PGM wrote: ยป
    But you get paid to do what you do?! You're not a slave to the company, you are free to leave and get another job, if you can...

I will! you are right, I'm not a slave of the company and I'm not desperate to work there:001_tt2:
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I will! you are right, I'm not a slave of the company and I'm not desperate to work there:001_tt2:

Good, so you can quit complaining! :001_tt2:
  • Londina
    Options
    PGM wrote: ยป
    Good, so you can quit complaining! :001_tt2:

who is complaining? me or...you? :scared::eek:
Privacy Policy