Pev 09 - ??

Options

Comments

• Jointy
    Jointy Registered Posts: 78 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Value analysis

Whats value analysis ive heard of value added and value engineering is this the same thing???? this is what i talked about in scribble coz i only had few mins left to write.

Cant believe how much writing there was...
  • The Master
    The Master Registered Posts: 34 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    did you mean 35.8 gp and 21.1 np?

yes - thats what i put isnt it 35.8gpm and 21.1 npm
  • exam panic
    exam panic Registered Posts: 157 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Turn over willl be 10400000*0.30=3120000

Less Material and fixed 10400000*0.17=1768000
    Gross profit 1352000-expensive.03*10400000=1040000 net profit
  • The Master
    Options
    i think value analysis is looking at every part of the product and seeing if you can do it cheaper without making it worse
  • donnaalwill
    donnaalwill Registered Posts: 116 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I am so glad there is a couple of days break between this and PCR. Simply for the fact of I don't see myself doing all that much tonight revision wise. I'm going to try but I literally did write so much I think my hands died a little bit:P Plus I was calm all week, even this morning I was calm but could I sleep last night? I had such a bad nights sleep I'm shattered now.
  • neilg10
    neilg10 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    i did the first section ok i think but spent too long gt a bit confused withe grams which was sneaky. alot of people i think will forget tht the usage is the standard kg for actual production 9500 unitsx 0.50 i think not the 5000 kg which was worked out in part a. section was rushed n messed up the bit about the capsules therefore my reports was crap. fingers crossed hopefully the pass mark will be lowered.
  • rachelrunshaw
    rachelrunshaw Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Jointy wrote: »
    Whats value analysis ive heard of value added and value engineering is this the same thing???? this is what i talked about in scribble coz i only had few mins left to write.

Cant believe how much writing there was...

Hia Mr Jointy
    I thought that there was a lot of report writing too. I guess they are trying to test your understanding of what the figures represent. I was almost out of time as well and talked about perhaps using less fancy packaging in the capsules etc for the value analysis bit. Roll on Thursday and PCR...
  • Jointy
    Options
    Did anyone else think it was quite time pressured compared to past papers I hardly stopped writing in 3 hours??
  • beansprout64
    beansprout64 Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    neilg10 wrote: »
    i did the first section ok i think but spent too long gt a bit confused withe grams which was sneaky. alot of people i think will forget tht the usage is the standard kg for actual production 9500 unitsx 0.50 i think not the 5000 kg which was worked out in part a. section was rushed n messed up the bit about the capsules therefore my reports was crap. fingers crossed hopefully the pass mark will be lowered.

yeaa, the first bit confused me as you had to do working for 10,000, but the actual was 9,500. usually in past papers you use 1.1 to help you calculate the variances in 1.2 but wasnt the case in this paper!
  • AATmunkee
    AATmunkee Registered Posts: 123 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    neilg10 wrote: »

neil i did the same.. had to go back and change all my little diagrams!! some people are able to just do the calculations but i draw bl**dy pictures!! i messed up with the cap ratio but hopefully they'll overlook that when they read my rushed reports!!
  • The Master
    Options
    what was the question about value analysis as i just explained what it was and related it to a potential new machine and not the machines discussed earlier in the paper?
  • donnaalwill
    Options
    Did anyone else think it was quite time pressured compared to past papers I hardly stopped writing in 3 hours??
    I write quickly and am usually the first person to leave the exam room, I managed to fill 11 or 12 pages can't remember exactly and left after two hours today. I think there was a lot of writing and without a guide to points I'm never sure quite how 'brief' they want the reports as looking at past papers the model answers vary from a few lines ro a few paragraphs!
  • AATmunkee
    Options
    they just said relate it to a new project of coffee machine..
  • The Master
    Options
    I write quickly and am usually the first person to leave the exam room, I managed to fill 11 or 12 pages can't remember exactly and left after two hours today. I think there was a lot of writing and without a guide to points I'm never sure quite how 'brief' they want the reports as looking at past papers the model answers vary from a few lines ro a few paragraphs!

so true - what does brief mean - big answers or little ones - model answers dont help with that aspect
  • katie123666
    katie123666 Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Can any one remember what % they got for the capital thing, after all the revised figures were worked out
  • Jointy
    Options
    Hia Mr Jointy
    I thought that there was a lot of report writing too. I guess they are trying to test your understanding of what the figures represent. I was almost out of time as well and talked about perhaps using less fancy packaging in the capsules etc for the value analysis bit. Roll on Thursday and PCR...

Here here cant wait for thursday not, oh well PCR is meant to be the easier one got a few days to revise now but dont think i can be bothered at the min.

Yeh was alot of writing, i mentioned about reducing quality of packaging and that to reduce costs. Summat along them lines.
  • AATmunkee
    Options
    God bless the lifecycle!!!! I was actually quite upset that there was nothin about this in this paper.. i had studied that religiously over the last week... :)
  • rachelrunshaw
    rachelrunshaw Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Here here cant wait for thursday not, oh well PCR is meant to be the easier one got a few days to revise now but dont think i can be bothered at the min.

Yeh was alot of writing, i mentioned about reducing quality of packaging and that to reduce costs. Summat along them lines.

You're not in work over the next 2 days are you?
  • AATmunkee
    Options

PCR is definately the easier one.. i did it last dec and found it ok.. just did a re-sit for PEV.. hate it sooooo much!! as soon as i pass it im done!!
  • Chloe
    Chloe Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    What was the standard they were referring to in the question after the index numbers i didn't have a clue
  • The Master
    Options
    Can any one remember what % they got for the capital thing, after all the revised figures were worked out

i got 34.1% return for the machine and capsules combined
  • donnaalwill
    Options
    People do say that PCR is the easiest, I can't say I think its much easier than PEV> I was comfortable with PEV in practise as I quite enjoyed the working out, but I haven't been so thorough with PCR. I'll be working hard to make sure I'm up to standard for Thursday I think. Can't wait till this week is over actually! I'm quite looking forward to starting the next units really as costing has always been my least favourite subject. I prefer financial accounts to management accounts so far.
  • AATmunkee
    Options
    Revised capital invested - £4,400,000. ?????
  • katie123666
    katie123666 Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Thanks, I remember I got 30 something so fingers crossed I suppose!!
  • The Master
    Options
    Chloe wrote: »
    What was the standard they were referring to in the question after the index numbers i didn't have a clue

the most stringent is the ideal standard - its best to go for the attaianabvle standard but too easy to set the basic standard - i think
  • AATmunkee
    Options
    Chloe wrote: »

I wrote about the "ideal standard"
  • donnaalwill
    Options
    AATmunkee wrote: »
    God bless the lifecycle!!!! I was actually quite upset that there was nothin about this in this paper.. i had studied that religiously over the last week... :)
    Lol I agree, lifecycle and target costing have both cropped up pretty frequently so I have worked on those a fair bit.
  • donnaalwill
    Options
    Ahh yes I forgot about the standards, I wrote that the 1000 was too high as an ideal standard and the 600 was too low and then waffled on in the meantime about ideal and basic standards and why they wouldn't be good to use in practise.
  • AATmunkee
    Options
    Lol I agree, lifecycle and target costing have both cropped up pretty frequently so I have worked on those a fair bit.

and as for adding Value added... well, they got a page full of rubbish from me!! :)
  • Jointy
    Options

Yeh past paper answers do vary, i always think i do overkill but i suppose its better to have more rather than not enough.

A girl turned up late in mine and then left after an hour-ish theres know way she could have done it all in an hour. Her mobile went off aswell during exam.
Privacy Policy