Pev 09 - ??

Options

Comments

• AATmunkee
    AATmunkee Registered Posts: 123 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Ahh yes I forgot about the standards, I wrote that the 1000 was too high as an ideal standard and the 600 was too low and then waffled on in the meantime about ideal and basic standards and why they wouldn't be good to use in practise.

LOL same here!! waffling was not the word for it!!! I Ranted!!
  • exam panic
    exam panic Registered Posts: 157 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Working next 2 days

I have to work next 2 days and pcr I found really hard and too much writing on it that is my weakness I seem to figure out the number but can not express in writing because English is not my lang. I 'm worrying now and not sure about written part on pve either
  • Chloe
    Chloe Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Did it say anywhere in the paper that the percentages had to be to 1 decimal place as i think i rounded all of mine do you recon they will penolise me for this :(
  • Harriet1411
    Harriet1411 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Chloe wrote: »
    What was the standard they were referring to in the question after the index numbers i didn't have a clue

It was the ideal standard, where they expect the best quality material for cheapest price, no machine breakdown most units possible produced, and it reduces staff moral as standards and targets are never met!!!

Then the 600 bit i wrote that if this was the standard set staff would start to get slack as they know the standards are easy to acheive, if the standard was risen in the next month or year it would be difficult to pick it up again after standards were so low?!?!?!
  • AATmunkee
    AATmunkee Registered Posts: 123 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    It was the ideal standard, where they expect the best quality material for cheapest price, no machine breakdown most units possible produced, and it reduces staff moral as standards and targets are never met!!!

Then the 600 bit i wrote that if this was the standard set staff would start to get slack as they know the standards are easy to acheive, if the standard was risen in the next month or year it would be difficult to pick it up again after standards were so low?!?!?!

sounds good to me!!
  • The Master
    The Master Registered Posts: 34 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options

yeah thats what i got
  • donnaalwill
    donnaalwill Registered Posts: 116 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I'm in work tomorrow (first time since last Tuesday) and then off Wednesday and Thursday. Its going to be a reality shock when I go back to work next week properly!!
    I don't remember seeing anything about specific decimal places, I think I rounded mine to two places.
  • Jointy
    Jointy Registered Posts: 78 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    You're not in work over the next 2 days are you?

Got a few days off to revise havent really done much revision on PCR yet hopefully that will change when i pull my finger out.
  • katie123666
    katie123666 Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I'm kicking myself because I ran out of time and I couldnt remember the name of the standard although I knew it. It came to me as he said put your pens down. I put the perfect standard (stupid I know!!) but I though it will come to me in a min and then I will cross it out
  • Chloe
    Chloe Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I'm in work tomorrow (first time since last Tuesday) and then off Wednesday and Thursday. Its going to be a reality shock when I go back to work next week properly!!
    I don't remember seeing anything about specific decimal places, I think I rounded mine to two places.

I did check and didn't see anything about how many decimal places they had to be to, fingers crossed
  • rachelrunshaw
    rachelrunshaw Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Jointy wrote: »
    Got a few days off to revise havent really done much revision on PCR yet hopefully that will change when i pull my finger out.

I'm off now to start PCR as I've not done any revision for this unit and out of the two, this is my least favourite. I just cannot be bothered though. Good luck for Thursday and see you next Monday.

Rachel
  • Jointy
    Options
    haha just realised its you rachel wen you said monday i was like how are you guna see me on monday i dont even know you, but then again i do know you.
  • katie123666
    Options
    Does any one know when they will post the exam paper on the website so we can check the answers. Am scared now as people seem to be getting differant variance amounts!!!!
  • donnaalwill
    Options
    No idea. It seems to be guesswork so far? I can't remember when they post the dates that we get results/they put the papers up etc. I think its odd they aren't up already actually!
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Does any one know when they will post the exam paper on the website so we can check the answers. Am scared now as people seem to be getting differant variance amounts!!!!

think its when the results come out so students dont check their answers and panic!
  • donnaalwill
    Options
    They usually put the question paper up before the results come out, and then the answers are put up just after the results come out I think. When they put the paper up it means we can have another look to see how we think we did. Can't be confirmed until the actual results are shown though as we have no idea of the pass rates etc!
  • katie123666
    Options
    Thanks for the info
  • Spurs
    Spurs Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Was that Crawley??
    Yeh past paper answers do vary, i always think i do overkill but i suppose its better to have more rather than not enough.

A girl turned up late in mine and then left after an hour-ish theres know way she could have done it all in an hour. Her mobile went off aswell during exam.

Don't suppose that was Crawley???
  • Jointy
    Options
    Spurs wrote: »
    Don't suppose that was Crawley???

Was in Manchester same thing happen in yours?
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    £575 was correct for the reconciliation statement was it not as it said reconcile the direct materials/costs?
  • ashik_Asad
    ashik_Asad Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    i agree i got the same as well!!!
    The Master wrote: »
    i got 800a
    2250f
    600f
    1875a
    550f
    150a
    sdv wrote: »
    I agree, I got the same
    #
  • yumyum
    yumyum Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I feel that todays exam was asking for way to much to be done with the amount of time given. 2.2A i know i got my calculations wrong due to pressure and I missed out task 2.2 B (calculate more ratios) and C (another report)! depressing..
  • COMA
    COMA Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    The Master wrote: »
    Thats the big thing that was dofferent with section 1 - they were after the rconcilliation between the actual cost of MATERIALS ONLY and the budgeted cost of MATERIALS ONLY. The reconcilliation had nothing to do with the overhead variances - sneaky if you ask me

Yeah, but rather easy to figure out if you don't calculate overhead variances until 1.4 :)
  • COMA
    COMA Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    AATmunkee wrote: »
    Did anyone have a gross profit of £552000?? i think including the capsules.. or maybe without.. my memory is fading fast!! :(

I had £2552,000 somewhere I think
  • Bryan5025
    Bryan5025 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Which Coffee machine option did anybody pick?

I like the Koffio machine. But I also like the Supremio machine. There's only one way to decide. FIGHT!!!!!!
  • Spurs
    Spurs Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Was in Manchester same thing happen in yours?

Yes a girl finished in an hour but went out to the loo 3 times??????
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Oh Dear, think I have failed miserably!!!!

I never seem to be able to retain the information for PEV, no matter how hard I try.

My answers were a load of twaddle!!!! Resit here I come! :(
  • chick
    chick Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    How were the indexes worked out? I couldnt get to the right answer.

neither could I. I didn't understand how to work it out from the way they had worded the question.
  • julie1603
    julie1603 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    PEV Exam Results

Does anyone know the date of the results?
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    16th Feb.
Privacy Policy