ECR exam!

Options
monty247
monty247 Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
Did anyone else find that the ECR exam was nothing else like the past papers?

Comments

• backstreetboy
    backstreetboy Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    yep, awful paper. another dirty trick by AAT. i did nealry all the past papers available. worked hard on them too and was regularly getting 90% on them. but now i'm in the poistion i fear i may have failed. not fair. why the sudden change aat? get out of bed on wrong side, or maybe you want to charge us all for resits!
  • monkeyrage
    monkeyrage Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    i'm glad i am not the only one!! this paper was something in a league of its own. i'm hoping they will see that it was very difficult and that people struggled on it and lower the pass rate. i'm feelin confident with section 1, but section 2, god help me!!
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    An absolute nightmare. I spent ages learning all the formulas and didnt need any. I never even answered the Profit and Loss Account as I didnt understand it one bit. I also did all the past papers and they were all quite similar but this exam was totally different. I know we are told to cover all aspects but this was a completely different way of examining. I thought I was going to cry at one point as I was totally stuck.
  • missy
    missy Registered Posts: 76 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    monty247 wrote: »
    Did anyone else find that the ECR exam was nothing else like the past papers?
    Hi, I sat the ECR exam today, it was nothing like the past papers. The layout of the questions completely took me by surprise, was really nervous, dont think ive made it :-(
  • monty247
    Options
    Thank god you both feel the same, i was pretty confident this morning, had been doing really well in all the past papers back to dec '03 and i done them all twice. I am absolutely gutted, i have definetly failed!
  • monkeyrage
    Options
    Does anybody know the approx. pass rate percentage for this exam?
  • jewels.p
    Options
    They dont decide until they have all been marked
  • monty247
    Options
    I never answered the profit and loss account question either. I nearly burst in to tears when i left, it is so unfair, i spent ages learning all the formulas!
  • backstreetboy
    Options
    they prob make it up anyway.
  • JCrompton
    JCrompton Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Same problem here. Really annoyed. I was so confident going into the exam but the second I looked through it I was instantly demoralised. Don't think I've passed and may have to pay for a resit. Some people get paid through the course by their employers, I don't. I work all day (not in accounts) and study at night and weekends yet this paper made me feel completely unprepared. Is there anybody to complain to?
  • monty247
    Options
    Heres hoping weve all got roughly the same questions wrong and we might just scrape a pass!
  • tats
    tats Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    That was the worst afternoon of my life....like others I have put in so many hours of study but obviously not in the right areas..!! Feel awful, bring on the chocolate..!!
  • jewels.p
    Options
    monty247 wrote: »
    I never answered the profit and loss account question either. I nearly burst in to tears when i left, it is so unfair, i spent ages learning all the formulas!

SNAP! I was so upset I was fighting back the tears when I was driving home. I have worked hard and this was my final exam to finish Advanced Stage. I even had the formulas stuck up on the wall in my kitchen (THAT WAS A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME)
  • monty247
    Options
    I thought all resits were free, my employer pays half and i pay the other half. Im not sure about who to complain to.
  • backstreetboy
    Options
    when are the resits? and can you just enter for them without repeating a whole module at college, and do you have to pass before you can move on?
  • JCrompton
    Options
    I didn't do profit and loss either. Didn't have a clue! No margin of safety or break even in exam. No journal, and what was that group bonus about? Also my tutors didn't even go over net present cost with us, just net present value. Not happy.
  • tats
    tats Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    The worst bit about failing is trying to resit this again whilst studying and taking the June exam as well.....there are just not enough hours in my day..!
  • missy
    Options
    the profit and loss question was set up delibrately to confuse us and it worked!
  • missy
    Options
    JCrompton wrote: »
    I didn't do profit and loss either. Didn't have a clue! No margin of safety or break even in exam. No journal, and what was that group bonus about? Also my tutors didn't even go over net present cost with us, just net present value. Not happy.
    i looked at the bonus question and went straight onto the next question ... argh it was annoying i managed to go back to it at the end and did what i thought was right.. which was probably wrong!
  • missy
    Options
    missy wrote: »
    i looked at the bonus question and went straight onto the next question ... argh it was annoying i managed to go back to it at the end and did what i thought was right.. which was probably wrong!
    I think the net present cost question was asking us to look at which one would be cheaper to buy.. i think, not sure though ...
  • JCrompton
    Options
    missy wrote: »

Same here. Ah well. Just glad I'm not the only one who had problems. Don't feel as though it's entirely my own fault anymore. Really felt bad when I came out of there. Myself and one of my college buddies went straight for a pint and a rant after that.
  • missy
    Options
    i just hope they lower the pass mark, it was a tough paper.
  • monty247
    Options
    Its a real shame that we've all worked so hard. Heres hoping the pass mark will get lowered.
  • monkeyrage
    Options
    hopefully they will! people are saying they found the same questions difficult, so hopefully the AAT will realise these were difficult questions and give us a bit of leeway!
  • missy
    Options
    is anyone sitting the FRA exam this wednesday?
  • Emma1978
    Emma1978 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Your not on your own, this exam was totally horrific, I had memorised everything definitions equations and I actually understood it too if this exam had been anything like previous years I would have passed .... Feel totally demomralilsed and feel sure that I will have to resit unless they drop the pass rate ... and will be left hanging until February ...Not Happy
  • missy
    Options
    yeah thats what the horrible part, having to wait so long for the results, i did the same remembered each and every definition and equation, there was no MOS no breakeven etc, was very cruel, i'm 110% sure if this paper had been like the past papers i would have passed. I was really confident before going into the exam, came out in tears.
  • pollyolli
    pollyolli Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I have just stopped feeling sick! I have put so much into this exam and i was gob smacked when i read through the paper. It was nothing like the previous papers.
  • missy
    Options
    when are the resits? and can you just enter for them without repeating a whole module at college, and do you have to pass before you can move on?
    not sure when the resits are, but i'm pretty certain you cant move onto the next level until you've passed all the papers on this level
  • monkeyrage
    Options
    I cannot believe how different it was to all the previous past papers dating back to 2003!! I am just praying that I get the 'pass' when I login to view my result in Feb! It is slightly encouraging that everybody on here has found it very difficult, and that this could be taken into account, with the pass rate being lowered.
Privacy Policy