Comments

• missy
    missy Registered Posts: 76 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    abnormal**
  • tats
    tats Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Good luck to everyone with more exams this week.....
  • tats
    Options
    Thank you Missy....thats what I made it, makes me feel a little better.....unless we're both wrong, lol x
  • monty247
    monty247 Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Well you have all done better than me by answering the p&l account questions,i did not have a clue what to do, and the abnormal gain question threw me off to. I have failed miserably!
  • missy
    Options
    lool i hope not, hope we and all the others on here pass, argh i dont want to wait until Feb for the results, i'm going back on the chocolate, think i need more.. x
  • tats
    Options
    Have ate soooo much in my depression I feel quite ill...! Still can't beleive all the work I have done and still feel like I know nothing, lol........if I don't laugh I may just cry x
  • missy
    Options
    think positive monty, my tutor always told me that its not necessary that you get the figures right and that sometimes the examiner looks to see whether you have used the right working. So its important you always show ur workings, aslong as u've showed ur workings, u will get some marks for that, and who knows you might get thru boarder line pass.. cheer up have some choco...
  • missy
    Options
    lool well, uve made me smile, im just sitting here working on unit 5 FRA. I want to atleast pass one of the two. Missed eastenders today too :(
  • monty247
    monty247 Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Im sure you will be fine with fra, i sat it in june and there was no surprises in that one x
  • backstreetboy
    backstreetboy Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    BBC3 10PM.. That i do know..
  • missy
    Options
    BBC3 10PM.. That i do know..
    haha thanx for that lol x
  • missy
    Options
    monty247 wrote: »
    Im sure you will be fine with fra, i sat it in june and there was no surprises in that one x
    i hope it wont be full of surprises like this one was. x
  • natalie83
    natalie83 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Ecr

That exam was very hard, i was getting everything correct in the past paper. Does anyone know on the net present cost was you suppose to add the disposal to the total or take it away?
  • tats
    Options
    I am not even looking at an accountancy book for a least a few days......and thats if I don't burn them first, lol x
  • missy
    Options
    Im not sure with the disposal, i think i may have taken it away, cant remember now my brain going numb now lol
  • monkeyrage
    monkeyrage Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    missy wrote: »
    Im not sure with the disposal, i think i may have taken it away, cant remember now my brain going numb now lol

i think i also took the disposal away, but im feeling that that could be wrong and the disposal should have been added? im not sure and now just constantly second guessing myself!

i have to take the skills test next weds, joy!
  • catheriner3482
    catheriner3482 Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    i think AAT made this exam so hard to make more money, just think of the amounts of money they'll get from all the resits! hahaha
  • natalie83
    natalie83 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    They can't expect us to get every single question correct, if hardly any one passes it will make aat look bad. They may lower the pass rate, look at how many people are saying how hard it is
  • missy
    Options
    i think what the AAT do is they mark all the papers and base the pass mark on an average
  • tats
    Options
    Well I think we've definitely brought that down....lol x
  • missy
    Options
    lool yeah i do too. btw with the disposal thing i'm certain u take it away.. no? x
  • tats
    Options
    I'm not sure....I know working through a past paper they added all the costs together which confused me which is why I queried it, but thats what I did too.....no idea whether its right or wrong...? Too late I suppose now anyway...!
  • Loopy
    Loopy Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    monty247 wrote: »
    Did anyone else find that the ECR exam was nothing else like the past papers?
    I found this to be the case, i sat and did all the past papers on the AAT website, when i opened up yesterday, i was dumb founded.
  • Loopy
    Options
    Emma1978 wrote: »
    Technician is really interesting take FRA to another level and really enjoying it but so dissappointed with this paper....your chocolate is my pizza! ...
    and my chinese
  • Loopy
    Options
    i failed ECR in June, this was a resit for me (of which i think i'll be doing another!!!!), but because i only failed one section i was able to move on, i also have the PCR (budgeting) exam on Thursday, which is really an extension of the ECR...Its all POO!!!!!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Loopy wrote: »
    i failed ECR in June, this was a resit for me (of which i think i'll be doing another!!!!), but because i only failed one section i was able to move on, i also have the PCR (budgeting) exam on Thursday, which is really an extension of the ECR...Its all POO!!!!!

dont stress !!!!
  • gembug
    gembug Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Dissappionted with ECR Exam

Just logged on to read what everyone else’s views were on the ECR exam Tuesday. I would just like to say myself and the whole class my felt the same as to what everyone has posted on the forum. I really hope that AAT takes all of our comments into consideration. I revised all the formulas and definitions and felt quite confident and then when opened the exam was so de-motivated by see the questions and not understanding them. I was so upset and angry at the same time when I came out of the exam, I felt I had put 110% into revising and had spent so much time after work, weekends doing this. I do not feel I passed and another downside is that in June when the other exam is due I will have to revise for 2 exams.

Could AAT not bring the re—sit earlier in the year to take the pressure off?????
  • mally
    mally Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    KateBeno wrote: »
    whever put that exam together should be sacked!
    QUOTE]

We should all boycott AAT and move over to a different body.
  • mally
    mally Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Devastated

I am so devastated, the exam was absolutely awful. I attended the AAT Revision day in Kingsway Hotel and the tutor did explain about group bonus scheme which was so helpful but he couldn't have known that the question with the P and L account was so difficult. Can the examiner make such drastic changes without informing the students!!

We should campaign to AAT and complain that the exam was impossible.
Privacy Policy