Study Overload

Options
jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
My head is busting! The sun is shining and I feel I cant enjoy it cause I am having to use any spare moment I have to look at my books for the exams IN TWO WEEKS.............how quick has that come around!

Howz everyone else?
ยซ134

Comments

• jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Pretty much the same, although I now only have 10.5 days left to study! Scary!!!
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    My head is busting! The sun is shining and I feel I cant enjoy it cause I am having to use any spare moment I have to look at my books for the exams IN TWO WEEKS.............how quick has that come around!

Howz everyone else?

IN A STATE OF PANIC!

Sitting here doing a past PCR paper - and boy you should see all the crossings out ;-///
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    At work, feeling all relaxed, as it's just work.... Wondering what part of study to tackle tonight and if I should maybe print it off to see how it goes on a written base, instead of computer base. Wondering when my colleague is going to stop stressing about month end again, as we got to close the ledger today and wondering how long it will take for our assistant accountant to be rude to someone, as she is doesn't understand something and is horribly stressed with month end as well, which usually results in her being rude to someone and then beg for a cigarette so she can complain about that person...

Maybe I should start doing something?

Study wise: Getting there, feel a bit more relaxed about getting there, and two weeks should be enough to get me where I want to be. I wonder how long the feeling lasts this time, before I start stressing again...
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    To you three want to strangle Rinske!!!!!

It is at times like this that I am soooo glad my exams are long since passed.

Ok, you can strangle me now lol
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    beats jan with a feather :( lol
  • jilt
    Options
    Consider Rinske strangled :lol:
  • Rinske
    Options
    Oh dear! I'll consider myself strangled now. :lol:

Well, if it's any help. Usually not feeling stressed about that much to do for my exam lasts about a day, before I get stressed or worried again.

However it might also be because instead of studying for DFS yesterday evening, I made the changes to my project, which means it hopefully is now ready to get signed off. Which left me with a very positive feeling!

This morning all I had time for is reading the standards quickly and that's about it, so tonight I'll be picking up the exams again, feel frustrated with myself and all the other usual feelings.
  • jilt
    Options
    Rinske wrote: ยป

This morning all I had time for is reading the standards quickly and that's about it, so tonight I'll be picking up the exams again, feel frustrated with myself and all the other usual feelings.

Oh that's alright then, we can't have you feeling relaxed and not the rest of us! lol

I've just been out for lunch and it's absolutely glorious out there, had a lovely roast ham salad, and bought a bracelet while I was there.

Right back to the real world, June 2007 paper
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Just had the most fabulas milkshake from a new shop next door turkish delight one mmmmm i need the calories to boost as revision giving me a headach
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Have breaks! Theres only so much you can take in without them

And don't panic, whats the point. I'm looking forward to the exams being over! :)
  • jilt
    Options
    Yipee, there is a god! I've actually done a whole section and apart from a very silly caluclation error I did it all correctly and in time with 10 mins for checking :thumbup:
  • timgriff
    timgriff Registered Posts: 55 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    At the moment the current mood is:

MAC: Get in!!
    BTC: Get out!! :(
  • Rinske
    Options
    jilt wrote: ยป
    Yipee, there is a god! I've actually done a whole section and apart from a very silly caluclation error I did it all correctly and in time with 10 mins for checking :thumbup:
    Oh nice! Well done!

I'm home now, so now my study starts... That's the end of me feeling relaxed till tomorrow morning...
  • jilt
    Options
    Oh nice! Well done!

I'm home now, so now my study starts... That's the end of me feeling relaxed till tomorrow morning...

Thanks Rinske, and don't worry I'm sure you'll be fine. I promise not to strangle you if you don't get stressed ...lol
  • Rinske
    Options
    Thanks Rinske, and don't worry I'm sure you'll be fine. I promise not to strangle you if you don't get stressed ...lol
    Lol, thanks, that's a relief.

I'm having a bad headache and am considering taking the rest of the evening off for less intensive stuff, like no study. But I kind of feel like I should study as well...
  • jilt
    Options
    Lol, thanks, that's a relief.

I'm having a bad headache and am considering taking the rest of the evening off for less intensive stuff, like no study. But I kind of feel like I should study as well...

Think you should get rid of that headache before starting any studying.

See we're back in AAT time again..... lol
  • Rinske
    Options
    Think you should get rid of that headache before starting any studying.

See we're back in AAT time again..... lol
    I think you are right, going to leave it for a bit and see if it gets better after dinner. If not, I'll give myself tonight off and will just have to make up for it tomorrow evening or Saturday.

How is your evening going? Still feeling good after your succesful attempt?
  • jilt
    Options
    I think you are right, going to leave it for a bit and see if it gets better after dinner. If not, I'll give myself tonight off and will just have to make up for it tomorrow evening or Saturday.

How is your evening going? Still feeling good after your succesful attempt?

Yeah it's not going too bad thanks, when I've checked my answers for variances, and they're wrong, at least I can get to the same figure as the model answer now using my method.

The trick is to understand why its being done if you get my drift, I've had a couple of lightbulb moments but I'm hoping for a lot more then it's not just a case of trying to remember the formulae for all the variances.

Studying the whole day has been great, with breaks of course, its equivalent to a weeks worth of evening studying. Don't know about you but these last 2 weeks I've been nearly falling asleep after 1.5 to 2 hours after work each day. I really don't know how A-Vic does it she never stops, or maybe cos she's a few years younger than me lol

Hope your headache goes quickly.
  • Rinske
    Options
    Yeah it's not going too bad thanks, when I've checked my answers for variances, and they're wrong, at least I can get to the same figure as the model answer now using my method.

The trick is to understand why its being done if you get my drift, I've had a couple of lightbulb moments but I'm hoping for a lot more then it's not just a case of trying to remember the formulae for all the variances.

Studying the whole day has been great, with breaks of course, its equivalent to a weeks worth of evening studying. Don't know about you but these last 2 weeks I've been nearly falling asleep after 1.5 to 2 hours after work each day. I really don't know how A-Vic does it she never stops, or maybe cos she's a few years younger than me lol

Hope your headache goes quickly.
    I took a few days off to study last week and it really helped me.

Just wish I could take another day off before my exams, but unfortunately the purchase ledger supervisor is on holiday next week so I need to cover for him. The week after (the exam week) our income controller is on holiday, so I need to cover for her. So all my revision needs to be done in the weekend and evenings. (Oh and the early mornings, if I get up in time)

I'm just doing DFS, so it's just one exam luckily. Are you doing MAC or PEV/ PCR? Sorry, not to be ignorant, just don't remember.
  • jilt
    Options
    I'm just doing DFS, so it's just one exam luckily. Are you doing MAC or PEV/ PCR? Sorry, not to be ignorant, just don't remember.

I'm doing MAC, have you done it or did you do the NVQ route?
  • Rinske
    Options
    I'm doing the NVQ route, so I just did PEV and PCR, which I think is about the same, but spread out into two exams?

I did those two last December, which was quite nice to do straight after ECR.

Is it just MAC? Well, MAC isn't really "just" or are you also taking tax exams?
  • jilt
    Options
    Is it just MAC? Well, MAC isn't really "just" or are you also taking tax exams?

Yeah 'just' MAC, it's my last one, well apart from unit 10, roll on August that's what I say.
  • Rinske
    Options
    Yeah 'just' MAC, it's my last one, well apart from unit 10, roll on August that's what I say.
    I agree with that one!
  • jilt
    Options
    Right thats me done for today am off home to sit in the late sunshine.
  • Rinske
    Options
    Right thats me done for today am off home to sit in the late sunshine.
    Enjoy!
  • jilt
    Options
    Think I must have been a mass murderer in a former life, this is just not going in today. Keep thinking I'm getting somewhere and then realise I'm still doing things wrong!
  • A-Vic
    Options
    one more hour then my study overload begins :) and no work till after exams - need picky food at least 5 bottles of wine and some dvd's
  • jilt
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    one more hour then my study overload begins and no work till after exams - need picky food at least 5 bottles of wine and some dvd's

I'll get the train :lol:
  • Rinske
    Options
    I like the way you study, can I join you as well?
  • A-Vic
    Options
    well plenty of breaks needed hey open house all invited :)
Privacy Policy