FAO Steve

Options
Glynis
Glynis Registered Posts: 488 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
I am waiting on ACCA F8 next week but I am sure I have failed because I think the exam was impossible and a few people I have spoke too feel the same.

First will you be doing any courses for the December exams and second would you say it is ok to do F8 again as well as F7? I am having to pay for this as my company won't and will be owned by someone else soon.

Thank you for your help.
ยซ13

Comments

• Glynis
    Options
    Steve?
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Glynis,

I can't advise you whether doing F7 and F8 together is a good or bad thing for you. Only you can know that. It might make sense to do an accounting and auditing paper together because auditing is a "follow on" from accounting.

I am not running any classes for the December 2010 sitting because I have other projects to work on and I have taken the decision to keep weekends as free as possible!

You were convinced you had failed DFS and passed it. The same can be said for F8!!

Regards
    Steve
  • valentino46
    valentino46 Registered Posts: 124 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    glynis?
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Valentino46?
  • valentino46
    valentino46 Registered Posts: 124 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    katsutlieff?
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    valentino46?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    A-Vic?
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Exam results?
  • katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Glynis only left it 5 hours inbetween posts!!!

man even Im not that impatient. Glynis maybe next time you request help you should donate what you can to Steves charity link. We all see the help and support steve gives you.. so give something back!
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Glynis wrote: ยป
    I am waiting on ACCA F8 next week but I am sure I have failed because I think the exam was impossible and a few people I have spoke too feel the same.

First will you be doing any courses for the December exams and second would you say it is ok to do F8 again as well as F7? I am having to pay for this as my company won't and will be owned by someone else soon.

Thank you for your help.

Hi Glynis,

I'm waiting on F5 and F7 results. I know ive failed F7 put if i pass F5 then i will be sitting F7 and F8 in decemeber aswell. I think its nice not to do 2 number crunching papers as F7 is quite in depth conpared to DFS. It will be good to do a written one and a number one i think.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I did financial reporting and audit together and they were fine.
  • Glynis
    Options
    I have had a few problems with the Internet connection so could not access any replies.

So if you won't be running courses then do you know anyone who will. I am paying for this myself on a tight budget so I can't afford a lot.

This is such a stressful time and we are still waiting for results! I can't take anymore of this waiting.
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    So if you won't be running courses then do you know anyone who will

What about one of those approved course of Beverly Hudson?
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Lol!
  • Steve Collings
    Options
    I have had a few problems with the Internet connection so could not access any replies.

So if you won't be running courses then do you know anyone who will. I am paying for this myself on a tight budget so I can't afford a lot.

This is such a stressful time and we are still waiting for results! I can't take anymore of this waiting.

Glynis

I'm not sure to be honest. There are lots of providers out there such as LSBF and FE colleges/universities which may do ACCA but I can't 'recommend' an inexpensive provider I'm afraid.

I think if you're doing F7 for December, maybe now may be a good time to dig out your DFS books and refresh your memory on consolidations etc.

Regards
    Steve
  • Glynis
    Options
    Steve I am expecting a fail next week and I cannot afford tuition so will you be able to post some helpful hints on how to study for F8 because it is so much different than AAT and I do not have any working experience in audit.
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but does anybody have any ACCA book recommendations please?
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but does anybody have any ACCA book recommendations please?

Cup of Tea?
  • Andypandy
    Options
    Kettle's on already:)
  • messedup89
    Options

Ive just used Kaplan for F5 and F7 and found them very useful. Will use them for the rest o ACCA
  • messedup89
    Options
    Steve I am expecting a fail next week and I cannot afford tuition so will you be able to post some helpful hints on how to study for F8 because it is so much different than AAT and I do not have any working experience in audit.

If you manage to get on accountancy students there are some brilliant articles on there. I only registered the other week but i love it! Plenty of resources available
  • Andypandy
    Options
    Thanks Messedup, I'll order the Kaplan ones. Glynis, have you tried the online lectures on opentuition?
  • Glynis
    Options
    I tried to do the accountant student registration but it keeps saying access denied. STEVE WHAT IS GOING ON!

I'm really stressed with the waiting and not knowing
  • Bluewednesday
    Options
    Glynis, I said to email me if you had any problems, trying to take the pressure off Steve. I'll see what I can do!

People are registering on a daily basis so there are no problems with the site, what point are you getting to when you get the access denied message?
  • Andypandy
    Options
    Found this on the AS forums for somebody who's struggling with F8:
    Hi,

there is a new book out called a students guide to auditing, ISBN-13: 978-0857322036 its by Alan Lewin who was previously the 2.6/F8 examiner for the ACCA.

Might be of help.
  • Steve Collings
    Options
    there is a new book out called a students guide to auditing, ISBN-13: 978-0857322036 its by Alan Lewin who was previously the 2.6/F8 examiner for the ACCA.

Might be of help.

I would like to confirm that this book has not been reviewed by me, so if it doesn't meet up to expectations, please do not shoot AS down!

Regards
    Steve
  • Steve Collings
    Options
    I tried to do the accountant student registration but it keeps saying access denied. STEVE WHAT IS GOING ON!

I'm really stressed with the waiting and not knowing

Glynis we have checked with the new registrations and you have not registered on our site.

Regards
    Steve
  • Glynis
    Options
    I KNOW that it won't let me register! How many times do I have to tell you!

Oh I give up.
  • Bluewednesday
    Options
    I also give up trying to help someone who is so rude and unappreciative to others who are trying to help.

Steve didn't deserve that
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    OMG!

I have read lots of messages on this forum over the years, and I have literally sat with my mouth open when reading messages between Glynis and Steve.

Steve is a wonderful, helpful man, but all the constant insisting that he help Glynis immediately is really getting on my nerves so I can't help but wonder how he feels.

I'm not saying that Glynis is rude on purpose, she probably doesn't mean her messages to come across as they do, but on the whole they are demanding, require immediate attention, and lack any manners.

Guys, these forums are for the good of everyone. Please think before you post. Nobody wants to be upset, or vindicated, but manners cost nothing.

Glynis, I realise that you are stressed, but so are many others - Steve included. Lets keep these forums happy, and back to the times when everyone was willing to help and offer advice to all. And remember that there are lots of people on this forum who are willing to offer practical advice, not just Steve!
Privacy Policy