Snow 2010/11!

Options
PGM
PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
We had a snow thread last year (I think), and it could be time for one this year. Theres snow forecast here for Fri/Sat. Not that I'm expecting it to!
«13

Comments

  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Here its expected thursday with -2 at night - brrrrghhhhhh
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    there is a nasty rumour that we are getting snow on thursday, but i can only see rain on the horizon.

    we are going skiing in feb and there is already snow there YIPEEEEEEE

    Tracy
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Forecast Thursday/friday here !!

    Gonna be freezing cold, but on the plus side it does make my hour and half journey into work quite eventful !!!
  • Sparkly
    Sparkly Registered Posts: 139 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Snow is apparently also forecast for where I will be finishing my 3 day personal tax revision course on Thurs, I'm not too keen on getting stuck anywhere so there best not be much, after 3 days of tax I'll be looking forward to getting home as soon as possible!
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Snow!! I LOVE the snow! However down here in good ol' Devon- it's a rare occurance!

    Can not wait for Christmas! Fake snow is as good as real snow for me!!
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    We have had Snow on the back hills for a few weeks now but as of yet it hasnt made its way down to us............................hope it doesnt come before next Wednesday so I dont have to drive to my Exams in it!
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Yep, snow forecast here too on Thurs/Friday - up in t'hills, just where I am going on Thursday.
    So it will be flask & blankets with me just in case - I'm joking....er I think!
  • Jennywren66
    Jennywren66 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    snow

    Hi snow forcast here on Thursday and Friday hope it isnt much as I dont like waiting for busses in the snow.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Gosh, let's hope it doesn't snow in exam week. It would be ABSOLUTELY DREADFUL if peeps couldn't get to their exams :lol:
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    i hope it snows this wednesday and thursday so that i cannot make it to work and have extra two more days off so i can revise:)
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Marga wrote: »
    i hope it snows this wednesday and thursday so that i cannot make it to work and have extra two more days off so i can revise:)

    oooh i like this idea! wont happen tho, will prob only be 5 seconds of snow each day
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    anniem wrote: »
    Gosh, let's hope it doesn't snow in exam week. It would be ABSOLUTELY DREADFUL if peeps couldn't get to their exams :lol:

    Why are you laughing you nasty woman?
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I want to get to my exams and then for it to now heavily, so I can't get to work :)
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    PGM wrote: »
    I want to get to my exams and then for it to now heavily, so I can't get to work

    So you'd rather be in an exam hall than at work?..............me thinks you need a new job!:lol:
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    jewels.p wrote: »
    So you'd rather be in an exam hall than at work?..............me thinks you need a new job!:lol:

    I wouldn't say that....

    but I really want to get these over with and not be revising again next year.
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Latest News: Due to the heavy snow alerts all over England, Scotland and parts of Germany, the AAT has decided no exams will take place in November-December sittings as they dont want to risk any of the students' health. Therefore as a general vote AAT decided that those students who had entered their exams for this period will be granted a PASS without having to sit their exams.


    OHHHHHHHHHH wouldnt that be great if the above were true?
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Marga wrote: »
    Latest News: Due to the heavy snow alerts all over England, Scotland and parts of Germany, the AAT has decided no exams will take place in November-December sittings as they dont want to risk any of the students' health. Therefore as a general vote AAT decided that those students who had entered their exams for this period will be granted a PASS without having to sit their exams.


    OHHHHHHHHHH wouldnt that be great if the above were true?

    Love it!!!!

    :lol:
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Brilliant does that mean I can start looking forward to the holidays.............................what do you mean it's not true? :mad:
  • Beautiful_bobo
    Beautiful_bobo Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I have an interview for a job on Thursday, so would kind of hoped that the snow can stay away until after my interview....fingers crossed.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    no snow here yet, but i am getting in reports from my friends up north germany saying they have snow - eek it is on its way

    tracy
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I love the snow, but would be quite happy for it not to snow this year, just because there is no way I am driving in it, it can snow any day apart from Monday, Wednesday and next Friday. It's a bit distracting at work too because I just end up staring out of the window lol.
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    We have snow forecast for today, well will live in Yorkshire Dales, hope not too much need to go Xmas shopping........and exam on 13th.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    keane155 wrote: »
    I love the snow, but would be quite happy for it not to snow this year, just because there is no way I am driving in it, it can snow any day apart from Monday, Wednesday and next Friday. It's a bit distracting at work too because I just end up staring out of the window lol.

    People shouldn't drive in it if they don't feel safe to do so. Surprising how many people will head off to work regardless of conditions and then blame work for not closing that day. Surely people should take control of there own safety?!
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    keane155 wrote: »
    I love the snow, but would be quite happy for it not to snow this year, just because there is no way I am driving in it, it can snow any day apart from Monday, Wednesday and next Friday. It's a bit distracting at work too because I just end up staring out of the window lol.

    I drive my office crazy when it snows! I just stare out of the window all day, giving them updates on how fast it's falling, how heavy it is, 'ooh another flake just hit the ground'!!

    Oh well at least it only snows a tiny bit here, if at all, so not too many days gazing into the white wonderland to distract me! :(
  • donnas1977
    donnas1977 Registered Posts: 182 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    We have snow forecast for Saturday and Sunday in Lanarkshire, just very cold here at moment
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    in germany there is an unwritten rule that you change you car tyres to winter tyres. it is not law yet, but everyone knows that if you are involved in an accident - whether it is your fault or not, if you do not have the appropriate tyres on, you are to blame. we do get the typical brits who do not conform and end up getting stuck in a ditch, only then to go out and buy the correct tyres.

    i personally drive a huge pick up truck, but dreading driving it in the snow. i will be using the works car so that gets damage if the unfortunate were to happen.

    I love the snow, i love skiing and i love the cozy feeling you get when you get home -
    love it, love it, love it

    :)

    Tracy
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    taskey wrote: »
    in germany there is an unwritten rule that you change you car tyres to winter tyres. it is not law yet, but everyone knows that if you are involved in an accident - whether it is your fault or not, if you do not have the appropriate tyres on, you are to blame. we do get the typical brits who do not conform and end up getting stuck in a ditch, only then to go out and buy the correct tyres.

    i personally drive a huge pick up truck, but dreading driving it in the snow. i will be using the works car so that gets damage if the unfortunate were to happen.

    I love the snow, i love skiing and i love the cozy feeling you get when you get home -
    love it, love it, love it


    Tracy

    I use the Land Rover in winter, it has the mud and snow tyres. But even so its easy to get into trouble if you're not careful!

    I like the walk to the local pub in winter, sit ino front of the open fire with a beer before heading back through the snow :)
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    WOO HOO - t is snowing here

    :)
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Been told its snowing in Newcastle and pretty heavy
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    What's all this talk of snow? It's 30 degrees here and I'm using sunblock.

    Oh, wait, I'm in the canary islands....

    :lol:
Privacy Policy