Snow 2010/11!

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    What's all this talk of snow? It's 30 degrees here and I'm using sunblock.

Oh, wait, I'm in the canary islands....

:lol:

hate ya lol
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Sorry, couldn't resist!!

I'm kinda sad I'm missing the snow, snow is cool (for a few days at least). By the sounds of it, will be around when I get home anyway...
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    We had 10 mins of snow! much rather be in the Canaries tho
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    PGM wrote: ยป
    People shouldn't drive in it if they don't feel safe to do so. Surprising how many people will head off to work regardless of conditions and then blame work for not closing that day. Surely people should take control of there own safety?!

I know I always just get lifts to college when it snows, don't think I'll ever drive in it. I wouldn't know how to control a car in the snow so there no point in risking it. Love the walk to work in the snow though.
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I drive my office crazy when it snows! I just stare out of the window all day, giving them updates on how fast it's falling, how heavy it is, 'ooh another flake just hit the ground'!!

Oh well at least it only snows a tiny bit here, if at all, so not too many days gazing into the white wonderland to distract me!

I was so convinced it was snowing this morning, looked out of the window and saw white things falling that looked like snow - only for someone to tell me it was condensation stuff falling off the roof. :( I love staring out of the window when it snows - and even more when it starts sticking, everyone hates it because they are driving but I think it looks so nice.
  • Primble
    I know I always just get lifts to college when it snows, don't think I'll ever drive in it. I wouldn't know how to control a car in the snow so there no point in risking it. Love the walk to work in the snow though.

i'd rather drive than walk
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Been told its snowing in Newcastle and pretty heavy
    It always snows in Newcastle, seems to be the new border between us and Scotland lol
  • A-Vic
    janwal wrote: ยป
    It always snows in Newcastle, seems to be the new border between us and Scotland lol

Anyone planning to travel this route dont bother some parts of a1 down to ten miles an hours and mostly gridlocked drive carfully
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    the only time i like snow is when i wake up in the morning on a day off and everything is white cause it snowed overnight (when i am tucked in warm in bed).

I then put clothes on take my camera and go for a walk to take nice shots... and an hour later i come back home to a warm cuppa and watch a nice movie.

Then the day goes by and the next morning i wake up everything is green again .....

other than that i hate snow pretty much
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    About 5 inches at my house this morning and when I drove into town there is only about 1 inch.......................its only 3 miles away!
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I hate the weather websites, looked at a fe and none of them agree!
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Had to pospone my (work) trip to Scarborough today - didn't really fancy getting stuck there and spending the night with his Lordship! Have rearranged for next month & just realised for the same day as the bad weather started last year, surely lighteneing or in this case snow won't strike in the same place twice?

Long range weather is we could get this for a few weeks yet - something to do with position of jet stream :-(
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I was so convinced it was snowing this morning, looked out of the window and saw white things falling that looked like snow - only for someone to tell me it was condensation stuff falling off the roof. :( I love staring out of the window when it snows - and even more when it starts sticking, everyone hates it because they are driving but I think it looks so nice.

It does, it's so pretty! I love it when you wake up after a normal day before, and there is a blanket of snow on the ground! Especially when you are not used to it.. today for example, all i've been hearing on the radio is how its snowing everywhere- mass disruption- cars overturned- yet here we have had beautiful sunshine all day! Devon is pretty boring weather wise!

I must say that my car did need de-icing this morning, but its not the same snow!

x
  • Jan
    Last year when it snowed a week before Christmas I remember thinking it was too early as it was bound to disappear before Christmas. How wrong could I be!?
    I must admit I do like seeing the snow, find it a bit exciting even when I am driving in it, if I'm not going too far. I prefer country roads to dual carraigeways, then I only have myself to worry about and not some idiot trying to pass me.

Ideal weather - good frost and blue sunny skies.
  • A-Vic
    last year it snowed 19th december and am sure it idnt melt properly till the end of feb here
  • Primble
    my manager and i were staring out the window thinking it looked pretty then feeling cold as it looked cold out
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    on the 17th december last year it was -19 here and the snow was about 2 foot deep - it was still here mid april.

woke up this morning slight flurry, but -4. the cars are all frozen as it rained last night, so the roads are treacherous - lucky i walk to work

Tracy
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Beautiful sunshine again today! Apart from the ToeNumbingFingerFreezingShiverInducing Frost and the fact we all have our heaters on in the office, you'd think it was a summers day!

(I want Snow!!)

Stop threatening with this Ice and Frost- Give us real snow to make snowmen with!
  • donnas1977
    donnas1977 Registered Posts: 182 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Snow arrived with us last night, its freezing today and more forecast for tonight/tomorrow.
  • A-Vic
    Well still no snow manchester but yiks went for a walk (start of relaxation day) ended up in town shopping it is so cold (-2) it looks like its snowed but thats just the frost. But clear blue skys
  • Primble
    we have snow on the ground but blue skies
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Well I'm back home. It's a bit colder here than it was on holiday...

It was -8.5 in the car when we got home at midnight last night! Frosty here this morning but no snow. Water pipes were frozen, had to go out with the hairdryer. And there's no milk for tea and I bet the landrover doesn't flippin' start either :lol:
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    We had 3 inches overnight on top of the 4 inches on Friday night / Saturday morning. It's still snowing now but I've managed to walk to work - luckily I didn't need to drive coz even the main roads are bad! I'm meant to be at college (ACCA revision class) 28 miles away this afternoon but I'm not even gonna attempt to get there - don't want to be stuck there. I only hope I can get to my exams next week - have to travel over 50 miles!

I know what it's like to miss them coz of the snow, happened to me 2 years ago PCR. Good luck for everyone trying to get to them this week.

Edit - this is in North Yorkshire / Teesside.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    No snow here since Friday but it thawed and refroze leaving some nice icy patches on the roads. I'm glad I don't have exams this morning, it would be a tough call to go or not with icy rural roads and more snow overnight in the Truro area (where the college is) to contend with.
  • Jan
    Coming down like dinner plates here at the moment!
    -14 a few miles from here on saturday night, coldest November night in n yorks for 17 years. Lucky me has the week off, so catching up on work at home, thankfully not having to travel.
    Looks like a tesco online shop later on - if they can get into the village!
  • A-Vic
    I hate snow i hate cold my toes are cold the only warm thing is my temp as i think am getting cold, A-Vic = not a happy bunny
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    At last we've got snow too! Boys are happy! :)
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • anniem
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    I hate snow i hate cold my toes are cold the only warm thing is my temp as i think am getting cold, A-Vic = not a happy bunny

Oh dear, I do hope you don't get a cold; when are you moving house?
  • A-Vic
    anniem wrote: ยป
    Oh dear, I do hope you don't get a cold; when are you moving house?

3 weeks packing and throwing out stuff like crazy - also even though i said i was in a bad mood with cold, i have also managed to score another interview for next thursday :) both looking very likely as was asked to interview personally.

I never knew how much stuff i had and moving into a house with everything its crazy tables chairs tvs units beds sofas two lots of kitchen equipment including white goods the lot has to go ringing the hospice today see if they do clearences see if they want anything
  • anniem
    Sounds good on the interview front. Good luck! Lets hope you're not sitting there doped up on lemsips!!!

House moving is a complete nightmare - don't envy you.
Privacy Policy