ACCA exams

Options
Glynis
Glynis Registered Posts: 488 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Is anyone doing there ACCA exams next week on here? I am doing F8 and am terrified , nothing seems to be going in:( anyone help!

Comments

• bozena
    bozena Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I am going tomorrow for f6 and next monday f5, in the same position as you but hope it will be better when get question paper.
    Dont worry, you will be ok ;)
  • Glynis
    Options
    I'm petrified. This is 2nd time and just don't understand any of it:(
  • bozena
    Options
    hey, there is nothing to worry, we always have two possibilities - pass or not. take it easy, you will pass this time, you need only 50%! wish you all the very best and fingers crossed :-)
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I'm cramming case law for F4 law on Tuesday, then I have F5 a week Monday.
    Nervous isn't the word!
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I'm cramming case law for F4 law on Tuesday, then I have F5 a week Monday.
    Nervous isn't the word!

I remember feeling like that last December - I sat F4 and F5, and never ever thought I'd pass F4 but I did! You'll be fine.

I'm sitting F8 & F9 this week.

Good luck to everyone with their ACCA exams!!

EDIT:

Glynis, I found the studying for F8 really hard going, but it all started to make more sense with the more practise questions I did. You still have a couple of days before the exam, download and attempt as many past papers as you can from the ACCA website.
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    Good Luck all of you
    I'll be taking a close interest in the F9 paper as my F9 class starts in Feb 2011
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I'm sitting F8 and F7 (resit).

Not looking forward to either really.

Sat F5 in June and found that ok
  • meibaker
    meibaker Registered Posts: 481 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Good luck with all ur exams! random question, do u need to register with study provider or could just simply buy books from amazon and take exams? Thanks
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    For most colleges, all we do is sell courses.
    The join ACCA themselves, take care of the fees and the exams.

All we do, is to advertise that we teach courses, and students sign up and come along and we teach the course.

We charge £500 for a 14 week course of 3 hour classes, and I think our students get a very good deal.

Some students are able to teach themselves, but I tend to think most benefit from coming to class. I think I spend about 10 hours preparing each 3 hour class.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • mini_schnauzer
    Options
    You do not have to sign up with a study provider. Simply buy books etc from cheapest place (Amazon) and enter the exams via ACCA direct. The exams are not sat within say Kaplan or BPP offices. Mine is at a very well known Northern football club!
  • bozena
    Options
    Gosh! It was complete disaster :( should make more past papers questions. All my knowledge was above my head insted in it.
  • messedup89
    Options
    You do not have to sign up with a study provider. Simply buy books etc from cheapest place (Amazon) and enter the exams via ACCA direct. The exams are not sat within say Kaplan or BPP offices. Mine is at a very well known Northern football club!

Old Trafford by chance? I'll be there on weds and next tues
  • safrica
    safrica Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Sat F6 this morning...glad it's over...Time pressure is the most difficult thing to deal with...but managed to answer all the questions. Definitely a big step up from AAT.
    Probably doing F4 and F5 next June.
    Good luck to all
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I am taking F5 and F8. Have been studying F5 at college since January so don't feel too bad about that one, but have been trying to teach myself F8 and agree with what's been said already that not a lot seems to go in! Some practice questions I do I can get the hang of to an extent but others I seem to have no clue on. Will just have to hope for the best and see what happens ....
  • messedup89
    Options
    Can u use tippex in the ACCA exams? i did in June...
  • C2XVT
    C2XVT Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I sat F4 today and have F5 on Monday aswell. Its my first (and hopefully last) time for both.

It goes without saying that these are quite a big step up from AAT. I was quite surprised really. Its about the same step up from something like G.C.S.E to A Level.

Did anyone else sit F4 today?
  • mini_schnauzer
    Options
    I sat F4 and I also have F5 on Monday.
    How did you find it?
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I'm sitting f5 on Monday.. Failing soo bad lol, under prepared and my worst subject!
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    messedup89 wrote: »
    Can u use tippex in the ACCA exams? i did in June...

I don't think you can, I believe it messes up with the online marking scheme. Don't quote me on that though, I could be mixing it up with AAT!!! I was always able to but they didn't scan the papers when I did mine.

If you can't however it will be on the front of the paper or you will be told by the invigilator before hand

Perhaps someone who has already done an ACCA exam this week can tell you
  • Richard
    Options
    How did everyone find F8 today? I hope I've done enough to get the 50% needed. Don't fancy studying for that exam again.

F9 to look forward to tomorrow now!
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Options
    I didn't know what to make of it really, I answered all the questions except that preconditions for audit - what was all that about?! - and wrote for all of the 3 hours so hope they can find 50 marks in there somewhere. I don't know what else I can do if I've failed and like you I don't fancy studying for it again. I thought some of the questions were a bit vague and didn't quite get what they were getting at - like that scope of the ISAs one? Oh well all over now, got to concentrate on F5 now. Good luck for F9 Richard - I'm glad I don't have exams 2 days running!
  • Richard
    Options
    Good luck for F9 Richard - I'm glad I don't have exams 2 days running!

Thanks - a bit of bad planning for that to happen lol

I'm sure we've both done enough to get the 50 marks (hopefully!)

Good luck with F5, I sat that last December. I prefer the papers where you have to use your calculator!
  • Glynis
    Options
    I hated it and hate the ACCA. No idea what precondition is about it isn't even in my text book, status of the IAS was awful and why the stupid examiner put ratios in a audit paper is beyond me. I couldn't answer it as no calculator. The whole exam was a waste of time:(
  • Richard
    Options
    Glynis wrote: »
    I hated it and hate the ACCA. No idea what precondition is about it isn't even in my text book, status of the IAS was awful and why the stupid examiner put ratios in a audit paper is beyond me. I couldn't answer it as no calculator. The whole exam was a waste of time:(

The precondition and IAS questions were only worth 5 marks in total, so it doesn't matter if you couldn't answer them.

Again, the ratios were only worth 5 marks, so you could easily have made assumptions for the following part, and there was plenty of information in the scenario also.

Ratio analysis is an important aspect of the audit procedures when gathering evidence. They have been tested in recent sittings, so all students should have been prepared to take a calculator.
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Options
    Richard wrote: »
    I prefer the papers where you have to use your calculator!

Me too, I'm not minding F5 too much at the mo.

A few people at our sitting didn't have calculators either, I didn't realise there would be ratio analysis but took mine in case we needed to calculate materiality - which didn't even seem to be mentioned in the exam!
  • Glynis
    Options
    I realise that Richard but there was nothing in that exam that was in the study texts. There was loads on internal auditors but what the hell has that got to do with us. I just found the whole paper confusing.
  • Richard
    Options
    I realise that Richard but there was nothing in that exam that was in the study texts. There was loads on internal auditors but what the hell has that got to do with us. I just found the whole paper confusing.

What study text are you using if nothing in that exam was in it???

Also, if you look at the syllabus you will see that there are two whole sections devoted to internal auditors/internal controls.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options

To a degree, auditing is auditing, internal or external...
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    There was loads on internal auditors but what the hell has that got to do with us.

Internal audit on an audit paper, are you sure you don't know why it is in the paper? Did you find nothing on that in the text book?
  • messedup89
    Options
    Internal audit on an audit paper, are you sure you don't know why it is in the paper? Did you find nothing on that in the text book?

I didn't think it was too bad exam. Wasn't easy but wasn't hard........just ok.
    Im glad they put ratios in but then they asked for the audit risks?
    I wasn't sure on the preconditions and i wasn't sure on value for money or the status of ISA, but they wernt worth many marks. I think it could go either way but overall it was a fair exam. Fingers crossed for F7 on Tues......
Privacy Policy