CBA Results

jenny3549
jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Has anyone actually had the results for a level 4 CBA yet? I know we were told it would take up to six weeks so I was thinking that some should have started filtering through by now.

It'll be six weeks for me on Monday next week so I kind of expected them by now.

If anyone has had theirs - did you just get an email or did you keep checking your MyAAT?

Good luck to all of us anyway!!!

:thumbup:

Comments

• rehana
    rehana Registered Posts: 61 Regular contributor ⭐
    Think they are out start of next week
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I did my exam six weeks ago today and there are no results showing yet.
  • SusieQtips
    SusieQtips Registered Posts: 65 Regular contributor ⭐
    CBA Results
    jenny3549 wrote: »
    Has anyone actually had the results for a level 4 CBA yet? I know we were told it would take up to six weeks so I was thinking that some should have started filtering through by now.

It'll be six weeks for me on Monday next week so I kind of expected them by now.

If anyone has had theirs - did you just get an email or did you keep checking your MyAAT?

Good luck to all of us anyway!!!

:thumbup:

Most of my class did the PTC CBA exam on Tues 30/11 and they received their results last Tuesday (exactly 6 weeks).They did not receive any emails but got the results from My AAT under assessment results (LHS). I did mine on 3/12 and have not yet received my results. I've heard a rumour that we should all have them by 19th, so hopefully will know on Wednesday.
  • jenny3549
    Thanks Guys. Well, six weeks today and nothing showing on MyAAT (presuming I'm looking in the right place - statement of achievement).

Disappointed that we don't get an email as this now means we keep having to check the website without any idea of when we're supposed to get the result.

At least with paper based you knew when you'd have it!
  • Fireraiser
    Fireraiser Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
    This may be the source of the rumour about 19th Jan http://clicks.aat.org.uk/DC/ViewEmailInBrowser.aspx?646C76=3931363930&736272=$$E2KhSGHLcVWQEEE&66=30 If I read it right, it doesn't apply to PTX, which I sat on 14/12/10. So I have no idea when to expect the results. I have hear a rumour about 9 Feb, which would be 8 weeks after my exam sitting. I can't find the source of that rumour though.
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Fireraiser wrote: »
    This may be the source of the rumour about 19th Jan http://clicks.aat.org.uk/DC/ViewEmailInBrowser.aspx?646C76=3931363930&736272=$$E2KhSGHLcVWQEEE&66=30 If I read it right, it doesn't apply to PTX, which I sat on 14/12/10. So I have no idea when to expect the results. I have hear a rumour about 9 Feb, which would be 8 weeks after my exam sitting. I can't find the source of that rumour though.

9th Feb is the date the results are released for the December 2010 paper based exams - that might be how you have read about that date.
  • blondeturtle
    blondeturtle Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Try looking under exam results as well on the left hand corner of your homepage. Mine were on there.
  • rehana
    rehana Registered Posts: 61 Regular contributor ⭐
    Had an email from AAT at the start of Jan saying that CBA results from Dec sitting would be out by 19th Jan
  • keane155
    Had my result today from 3rd December personal tax cba. Good luck everyone! :)
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    keane155 wrote: »

Hi did you pass personal tax?
  • keane155
    Becky V wrote: »
    Hi did you pass personal tax?

Yes, no idea how though, I hated the exam!!
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor 🦉

That doesnt matter at least you wont have to it again!! Well done. That is going to be my next unit.
  • keane155
    Becky V wrote: »
    That doesnt matter at least you wont have to it again!! Well done. That is going to be my next unit.

Thanks, just so glad I don't have to look at anymore personal tax stuff again! The content of the unit isn't too bad, just the exam questions were not worded very well.
  • keane155
    Forgot to say- my result isn't showing on myaat yet but should do later - college had my result first.
  • jenny3549

Well done you! - I'm like you - I actually really like the subject but just thought the exam was ridiculous so have fingers crossed I don't have to do it again as it wouldn't be lack of knowledge that caused a fail, more a lack of second sight in guessing what the questions actually wanted.
  • Shell B
    Shell B Registered Posts: 95 Regular contributor ⭐
    Well Done Kean1155

Really pleased for you i bet it was the best feeling knowing that there was no more tax.
    I have convinced myself i will have to resit, it really was horrible.

Shell B
  • jenny3549
    Update for anyone in the same boat. Have just spoken to the AAT - turns out the six weeks is approximate and the only way you can find your results is to keep checking the website everyday!

The December ones should be on tomorrow apparently but this doesn't bode well for the rest of them. No email, no set date, I really can't see any advantage at all over the paper based (and that's ignoring the rubbish exams themselves).

Sorry, rant over - just been getting more and more annoyed with this whole new framework.
  • Craig9
    Craig9 Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    Have a bottle of wine after work, relax and worry about it after 5pm tomorrow if they still haven't arrived by their 19th January deadline. Tonight will be mostly sleepless lol
  • kimmie1986
    kimmie1986 Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor ⭐
    i had actually forgotten about the results :O i think i will fail it tho oh well resit for me, still have financial statements to worry about sitting :(
  • keane155
    Thanks jenny3549 and Shell B, try not to worry too much about it, I've spent the last few weeks worrying about the result, and know that I got some questions wrong, and had to guess at what others were asking,I was totally convinced that I had failed.

Strange thing is that my result still isn't showing on myaat even though college gave me the result yesterday! One exam down four to go lol! Really struggling to motivate myself to do my unit 10 at the moment and I have the financial statements exam next week!!

Emma
  • SusieQtips

Hi Emma

Well done you, I passed aswell and my result isn't showing on My AAT either, it's only what Julia told me today. Are you ready for the DFS now?

Good Luck to everyone who is expecting results tomorrow.
  • keane155
    SusieQtips wrote: »
    Hi Emma

Well done you, I passed aswell and my result isn't showing on My AAT either, it's only what Julia told me today. Are you ready for the DFS now?

Good Luck to everyone who is expecting results tomorrow.

Hi Sue, really glad to hear that you passed, well done!

I still need to learn some of the consolidation stuff, and keep going over the IAS's - I've got my exam next Friday so I think we've still got quite a bit of time left to practice. How are you doing with the DFS revision?
  • SusieQtips
    Hi Sue, really glad to hear that you passed, well done!

I still need to learn some of the consolidation stuff, and keep going over the IAS's - I've got my exam next Friday so I think we've still got quite a bit of time left to practice. How are you doing with the DFS revision?

I've just got to the stage where I understand it, (it was totally double dutch until a couple of weeks ago), but now I need to practise and practise. I am stuggling to revise and do the project at the same time. I'm having to prostpone the exam as can't have time off 28th or 29th due to month end. Starting to get to grips with the ratios but not even looked as IAS's yet. All I know is IAS 7 is cash flow statment. Good Luck with it next week, let me know what you think of it, please.
    How is your project going, or shouldn't I ask?
  • keane155
    I've just got to the stage where I understand it, (it was totally double dutch until a couple of weeks ago), but now I need to practise and practise. I am stuggling to revise and do the project at the same time. I'm having to prostpone the exam as can't have time off 28th or 29th due to month end. Starting to get to grips with the ratios but not even looked as IAS's yet. All I know is IAS 7 is cash flow statment. Good Luck with it next week, let me know what you think of it, please.
    How is your project going, or shouldn't I ask?

I have done nearly 900 words on my project and have been sat staring at the handouts from last week for three hours tonight, I haven't got anywhere so I have given up for tonight, not entirely sure where I am going with it really, I have done my introduction but would prefer to be revising instead - I would rather do an extra exam than the project! How are you doing?

I think the exam should go OK hopefully - they can't really throw in totally random questions like on personal tax can they really? - and there is space to show workings on the financial statements so that is good.
  • SusieQtips
    I have done nearly 900 words on my project and have been sat staring at the handouts from last week for three hours tonight, I haven't got anywhere so I have given up for tonight, not entirely sure where I am going with it really, I have done my introduction but would prefer to be revising instead - I would rather do an extra exam than the project! How are you doing?

I think the exam should go OK hopefully - they can't really throw in totally random questions like on personal tax can they really? - and there is space to show workings on the financial statements so that is good.

We did the online cba today and it looks straightforward (if you know your stuff) but then so did the tax practise cba so who knows eh?
    I'm the same with my project, I've spent hours and hours reading and looking at various books & handouts etc but not really achieving anything. I'm like you not quite sure where I am heading with it and how much depth is needed. I've done the first 500 words and have just finished the swot analysis. It is supposed to be finished for us next week, are you the same?
  • keane155
    We did the online cba today and it looks straightforward (if you know your stuff) but then so did the tax practise cba so who knows eh?
    I'm the same with my project, I've spent hours and hours reading and looking at various books & handouts etc but not really achieving anything. I'm like you not quite sure where I am heading with it and how much depth is needed. I've done the first 500 words and have just finished the swot analysis. It is supposed to be finished for us next week, are you the same?

Yes, I cannot really see mine being finished for next week though - I will be lucky if I manage to do 1000 words between now and next week - I suppose everyone else will probably be the same with it though - I think once you start the review/analysis then it'll probably get easier hopefully. We went through the CBA last night and it seemed OK - I will let you know how the real one goes and if anything strange comes up.
  • kimmie1986
    has anyone managed to their cba result for budgeting that is due today? so far i haven't got any results
  • jenny3549
    Not yet - keep checking every half hour or so but still nothing. Hate this.
  • Craig9
    Craig9 Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    I've heard nothing too, it's quite embarrassing for them surely? A professional qualification, you would expect clear information as to when you will receive results, for example a date and time like last years paper based exams.
  • kimmie1986
    yeah i expected them to be up around 9am, not too hopeful on passing but it would be nice to know what my result is, as we have waited ages and after all the hassle of technical problems that we incurred the least they could do is sort the results out properly!!!
Privacy Policy