Options
13»

Comments

• keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Rinske wrote: »
    Hey Keane,

Sorry to go off topic here, but it might pay to drop the project aside for a bit and focus on the revision for a bit.

As for the project, my experience is that the introduction is the easy bit, once you got the SWOT going, you got the main body of the report and as introduction you can just introduce the company you write about, introduce the department and place where you focus on, but this writes itself once you got the SWOT finished and found out how you want to introduce that part of the company. The introduction is also a great place to hide some small points in that you haven't covered in the SWOT analysis.

So my suggestion is to try and focus on the SWOT of your project, rather than the other bits. Based on the SWOT, you write the suggestions and you can just follow all the points in the SWOT analysis. Having 900 words alone in the introduction might be a bit much! (Not sure if those 900 include more parts though).

However focussing on a project with a very nearby exam you feel very nervous about, might not be realistic!

Thank you very much for the advice Rinkse, I have been in college tonight and they have let us have an extra week to get the full project/second draft completed - I'm quite glad because there seems to be so much to it. I will try and look at the SWOT analysis again and the stuff that you've mentioned - it looks really helpful, thanks.

I think I might be able to move some of my introduction into the analysis or even the appendices if I can't shorten it. I might just practice for the exam between now and next Friday - then concentrate on the project next weekend.
  • linzip1703
    linzip1703 Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Just been on and my results are up, ive passed my budgeting which im so pleased about,i was convinced because of all the problems that id failed!!!

Good luck to others waiting for results
  • Matt444
    Matt444 Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who has received results today and passed!

I've just checked myaat page and to find that I have passed the Budgeting (BGT) unit.
  • SusieQtips
    SusieQtips Registered Posts: 65 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Linzip1703
    linzip1703 wrote: »
    Just been on and my results are up, ive passed my budgeting which im so pleased about,i was convinced because of all the problems that id failed!!!

Good luck to others waiting for results

Congratulations and well done! See they were worth waiting for. Does this mean you can help me when I am struggling with it in 6 months time LOL
  • SusieQtips
    SusieQtips Registered Posts: 65 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    keane155 wrote: »
    It's not showing on my statement of achievement, just on the assessment results. Did you get the email last week saying if they said you were marked competent then they wouldn't change the results. I think a couple of other people may have had some sort of problems with the results - was in college tonight and heard people mentioning stuff but not sure if it is the same problem as you have got.

No, I didn't see the email, but makes me feel better. I think one of the entries may be because I should have taken it on 30/11 and couldn't get there because I was snowed in, that's why I had to sit it the same day as you. I hope so anyway. Glad it's not just me having problems. Did everyone in your class pass?
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    SusieQtips wrote: »
    No, I didn't see the email, but makes me feel better. I think one of the entries may be because I should have taken it on 30/11 and couldn't get there because I was snowed in, that's why I had to sit it the same day as you. I hope so anyway. Glad it's not just me having problems. Did everyone in your class pass?

Yes, I suppose that's probably the reason why your result is showing two entries. I think you must have passed - the email said something along the lines of competant results won't change but they would be reviewing not yet competant - so those ones could change.

I bet you are so glad that you got to do the exam the second time after all the snow problems - you really deserve your pass after all the effort in getting there! :)

Unfortunately not all of our group passed - I'm not sure how many though, but I'm not surprised because the questions weren't anything like we had seen before and I really expected to fail.
  • AuntieT
    AuntieT Registered Posts: 96 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    keane155 wrote: »
    It's not showing on my statement of achievement, just on the assessment results. Did you get the email last week saying if they said you were marked competent then they wouldn't change the results. I think a couple of other people may have had some sort of problems with the results - was in college tonight and heard people mentioning stuff but not sure if it is the same problem as you have got.

ust checked again and my results still aren't there.

The 19th was 6 weeks from when taken so should have been there in any case!

This is like having teeth pulled!
  • kimmie1986
    kimmie1986 Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    still nothing for me this is getting ridiculous i just want to know if i passed or failed how hard can it be? they have had 6 weeks to mark it and most of it is marked instantly!!! better be up today or i suspect the aat will have many unhappy people calling them
  • tinkerella
    tinkerella Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I still don't have mine :( I am getting angrier by the minuter!!!!

I have emailed aat (doubt i will get a response..... Everyone in my college group has there's apart from me so what does that say???

I have another exam on Monday that i need to revise for but i can't push this to the back of my mind!!!!

Grrrrrrrr

x x x
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Got mine when I checked this morning. I passed thankfully so can now put that out of my head.

Good luck to those of you still waiting - maybe the next lot won't be so disorganised as they won't be dealing with them along with paper based etc.
  • lull1207
    lull1207 Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I checked my results this morning and they were there - not yet competent, so I failed. Went into college today and told my friends, who all passed. On my return I thought I would check to see if they had updated my achievements, as it said not attempted this morning. On checking, the date had 19/01/2011, thought this strange so checked my assessment again and it had been changed to competent!!!!! Mixed emotional day to say the least!!
  • kendall17
    kendall17 Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Nice one!

Mines got that message on about the discrepencies. I dont know if i want mine or not.
  • hanalav123
    hanalav123 Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Earlier I checked my result and it said I had passed, now it has come up with a message saying my results are not avaliable at the moment due inconsitencies with the results. So now I am worrying if I have really passed or not. Is anyone elses showing the same message?
  • hanalav123
    hanalav123 Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I think it is really bad how the AAT have messed up so badly with this new qualification. All the books were printed late, the assessments were rushed so half the questions didnt even make sense, and now this people being told the wrong results.
  • rehana
    rehana Registered Posts: 61 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    If you have already been assessed as Competent, your result will not change.

They have added the above to their earlier message
  • katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    lull1207 wrote: »
    I checked my results this morning and they were there - not yet competent, so I failed. Went into college today and told my friends, who all passed. On my return I thought I would check to see if they had updated my achievements, as it said not attempted this morning. On checking, the date had 19/01/2011, thought this strange so checked my assessment again and it had been changed to competent!!!!! Mixed emotional day to say the least!!

I got marked as Competant for one (bgt) and not competant for another (fnpf).

Its intresting to read the above post as on s.o.a it said 19/1/2011 for (bgt) and not yet attempeted for (fnpf).

I did sit both though!
  • kimmie1986
    Options
    might be worth checking your statement of achievement as mine seems to be working today and for my bgt exam it has a date in the date achieved column so from what i have heard on the forums it looks like i passed but im not 100% confident its correct so not celebrating too much yet
  • Craig9
    Craig9 Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Oh I have this too, read your post first before I checked and heart attack over as it also says date achieved 24.01.11, which I would assume means someone has updated this yesterday, either AAT or the college.
  • kimmie1986
    Options
    yeah so i think we've passed??? :) lol least you have the same as me
  • LucyN
    LucyN Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    One of mine says the date achieved, so im assuming thats a pass...but the other is still saying 'not attempted' is this because of the mess up they havent uploaded the result yet? This is so stressful waiting, I cant believe how badly organised they have been.
  • Craig9
    Craig9 Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I think it means a pass, I have emailed the tutor to see if she can give any further details.

It is very stressful indeed, hopefully this will be resolved by the end of the week so I can get a decent sleep lol
Privacy Policy