Mentoring Scheme for Members in Practice

13ยป

Comments

• burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    I can probably help with mentoring a few people as ive currently only got 1 im helping if you want to pm me.
    I'm based in Gloucestershire but can help via phone/email.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Neillaw
    Neillaw Registered Posts: 307 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi

I am currently sorting out my MIP registration and was looking for a mentor in the North Manchester area.

Email/phone/Web

Thanks
    Neil
  • khadi
    khadi Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hi Monsoon, could you please give me some support I am struggling with journal I am doing AAT level 2 .Many thanks
  • Rachel
    Rachel Registered Posts: 348 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Is anyone available to mentor me by email.
    I am struggling working by myself and could do with someone to bounce ideas off. I have lost confidence.
    Many Thanks
    Rachel
  • burg
    Hi Rachel,

I may be able to. I have quite a lot going on myself over the next 3-6 months after which things should settle down. I have pm'd my details to you if you are happy with this and don't get a better offer.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Rachel
    Rachel Registered Posts: 348 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Wow thank you for such a quick response that would be amazing.
  • Jonno1
    Jonno1 Registered Posts: 63 Regular contributor โญ
    mentoring - Nottingham

Hi, I'm based in Nottingham and would be interested in some mentoring with regard to personal tax/filling in self-assessment forms. I would like to gain more experience of this type of work, in order to complete my work experience. I currently do not work full time in finance and am trying to build up work experience through volunteering.

Jonno1
  • Suejw
    Suejw Registered Posts: 39 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Monsoon, as you are in Wiltshire ( I live in Calne) I don't suppose you would be interested in being my mentor?:huh:
  • Andy2000
    Andy2000 Registered Posts: 9 Regular contributor โญ
    Hi,

I started my accountancy practice at the beginning of the year only taking on small businesses and sole traders and have had some good success with various different marketing methods (i will share the good and bad ideas in other threads shortly).

I have got to the point now were i know my real strong areas and more importantly my weaker areas, i suppose i would like a friendly mentor to occasionally help me with the weaker areas of my knowledge and to answer those stupid questions i sometimes have.

I am based in Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk if this matters but would happily chat to anyone.

Looking forward to hearing from you and contributing.

Andy
  • sarah2266
    sarah2266 Registered Posts: 49 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    HI all
    I could do with a mentor, i live in the east midlands though location is not an issue as contact by phone and email is great. I recently took redundancy from a career in the prison service and i have now secured a job in an accounts office but would also like to develop a business from home which is where i could do with the support..any offer of support
    is great fully received..
    sarah
  • burg
    @andy and @ sarah - I mentor a few mip's. Whilst I am not local to either of you I would be happy to chat via email / phone if I am not too busy. Send me a pm and I'll let you have some contact details.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Andy2000
    Andy2000 Registered Posts: 9 Regular contributor โญ
    Thank you Ian - I will PM you.

If others would like to take a look at the business it is www.1stopaccountancy.com
    feel free to critique any part of it - we have tried to be a little different!!!

Andy
  • Suejw
    Suejw Registered Posts: 39 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi Andy, I really like the look of your website, well done!
  • geek84
    geek84 Registered Posts: 568 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Good Morning Folks

I live in the West Midlands and in the process of applying for MIP.

Would anybody be kind enough to act as my mentor? I will make it their worth while and would be prepared to pay for their time and other associated costs.

Thank You.
  • Jonno1
    Jonno1 Registered Posts: 63 Regular contributor โญ
    Hi, I've just read the article in the most recent edition of Accounting Techncian about a database held centrally at AAT of MIPs who are willing to act as mentors. How do I apply for permission to access and use this database?

Many thanks,

Jonno1
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    You won't be given permission to access and use the database.

If the scheme is still running then AAT will contact someone from the list close to you and ask them if they mind being put in touch with you.

Best give AAT a call.
  • Hallj999
    Hallj999 Registered Posts: 8 Regular contributor โญ
    Hi everyone,

I am an AAT qualified accountant (also studying CIMA) currently working full time and am looking at registering as an MIP to pick up some additional work/money and to also gain some practice type experience over the next few years with a view to eventually going it on my own.

Could really do with a mentor to discuss some of my initial concerns and ideas, could anyone help?
  • peaman
    peaman Registered Posts: 123 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi all. I would be happy to act as a mentor for anybody looking for a helping hand. I worked in an accountancy practice for 19yrs and left to be a full time MIP a few months ago. Working in practice for so long has given me an insight into how to do things and most importantly how not to do things. The transition to MIP has been quite easy, I just wish the cash flow was less erratic!!

Not too much mentoring in January please as I think I will be busy!

Please PM me if interested.

Merry Christmas!
  • stuartander
    stuartander Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor โญ
    Hi, I am currently going through the process of applying for full membership and then MIP.. From reading the rest if this thread you guys sound so helpful.. I am currently working in industry for a baby food manufacturer and want to get into running my own practice, with just small business.. Would anyone be will to mentor me regard income tax along with tax returns, I no a lot are probably busy at the moment what with the SA deadline only a few days away. But if anyone would be interested in mentoring in this area that would be fantastic.. Also I not sure if mentoring also includes the mentor being the one to sign off any work, but as well as gaining some invaluable knowledge from a mentor I would wondered if they would sign off work experience.. Let me know if this is possible? I'm based in berkshire (Reading) by the way, happy to do remotely if it works for you normally .. Thanks Stuart
  • zvezda
    zvezda Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hi all, I am a new registered MIP and I am approved to offer Bookkeeping, Financial Accounts & Accounts Preparations, and Business Income Tax. But I want to add also Personal Tax and Corporation Tax to my list. If there is anyone who would be prepared to be my mentor?
    Thank you in advance
  • zvezda
    zvezda Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hi again, it seems that no one is interested to be a mentor. What about if i pay for this? Does anyone agree to do in this way? As a form of consultation for example.
  • Prochida
    Prochida Registered Posts: 2
    Dear All,

I've just joined the AAT discussion forum and am very pleased that there is a thread regarding mentoring. I completed my AAT 9 years ago and have over 12 years of working in corporate finance. However I took a 5 year career break (due to being made redundant and becoming my Mother's full time carer, as she was very ill at the time), I would now like to venture out and become a Member in Practice and would very much like to have a Mentor, as I need the guidance and confidence boost. If there is anyone who would care to become my Mentor, I would be ever so grateful. I am London based and really in need of as much help as possible, as I don't know where to start.........?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Best regards

Marina
  • Shelley
    Shelley Registered Posts: 9
    Hello, Ive worked in practice for over 10 years. I am hoping to become a MIP and develop my own business from home.
    Would anyone be kind enough to be my Mentor?

Thank you :)

• Shelley
    Shelley Registered Posts: 9
    Hi John

That would be great if you don't mind :) Thank you very much

Regards
    Shelley
Privacy Policy