Chichester College 6-9pm Wednesdays

Options

Comments

• KaySarah
    KaySarah Registered Posts: 215 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Are you SURE we can only have Whole people in the cab Sandy? What about if Peter Sutcliffe was driving? haha
  • KaySarah
    Options
    Crikey Sandy - were you up typing all night? I wish I knew how to upload pictures onto here...
    Thank you so much for all your hard work and support - we really appreciate it.
    Have a lovely weekend. I doubt I'll see much of it as it looks like I have a huge pile of reading to get through :-)

See you Wednesday.
    Kay
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    Thank you very much Sandy... I have downloaded up to 'Exercise ~Gilbert Sensations.doc'. I believe we will start 'Cost behaviour' on Wednesday the 16th Nov.

Many Thanks

Ronnie

Ronnie, spot on.
    Next week Cost behaviour (16/11)
    Then Break even and related techniques (23/11)
    Then Limiting Factors (30/11)

So we ought to have completed the whole of Cost and Revenues and earned a day off for Christmas - even if that day isn't Christmas Day
    I suspect most of us will have other jobs that day
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • anisurrahman
    anisurrahman Registered Posts: 130 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone..... :)
  • KaySarah
    Options
    Rock On .... I second that motion! .. haha
  • SandyHood
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for such a lovely birthday and card and such a delicious cake (Kay)

Hopefully we now understand cost behaviour
    Next week: Attachment not found. costing
    and the start of Break even

This has one or two omissions and the odd spelling error, but is useful
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • KaySarah
    Options
    Such a joy to see the delight and the appreciation that a small amount of effort wrought - Thank YOU Sandy for making our lessons so enjoyable and entertaining.

It was entirely my pleasure :)
  • chelseababe30
    chelseababe30 Registered Posts: 5 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    you can't say that until at least the 1st december lol
  • chelseababe30
    chelseababe30 Registered Posts: 5 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    you can't say that until at least the 1st december lol
    that was supposed to be under what Ronnie put, oops
  • anisurrahman
    Options
    ok... only two more days to go :)
  • SandyHood
    Options
    Please can you help?

Lesley has contacted me because the invoice for the text and question books is now due.

She has 4 covers from text books missing. In other words, there are probably 4 students who had the original text books AND then when the up-to-date text books arrived forgot to tear the cover and front page from the original book and hand it in.
    Lesley needs these covers, as they go together with the payment and if we have these 4 then she'll only have to pay for one set of books per person.
    Please
    • Pass the message on
    • Double check that YOU are not one of the 4 people who has not handed these in

There is a complete amnesty on this, it is only about making sure that the book payment is only for the up-to-date books. You can hand in covers to me, you can subtly leave them for me or you can put them on Lesley's desk. No penalties, no reprisals.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • anisurrahman
    Options
    Oops I'm one of them :(
  • SandyHood
    Options
    Tonight we complete the course content
    Capital Investment Appraisal
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • SandyHood
    Options
    Here is a video link Wight Salads Group
    It has been produced by TheMETAL Project

3.07 DCF - Europa Food's Decision to Save Labour Costs

In the South of England a farmer is facing similar questions about investment. Agriculture in the UK and elsewhere is facing severe shortages of labour and farmers are struggling with investment decisions to reduce their reliance on labour. One option for this farmer is robotics and automation. (Duration 13 minutes 1 second).
    The video link I have provided is the background and suits the AAT standards because it gives a good back ground, and makes the topic more real.

The initial part is to do with investing in a student's life to earn more afterwards, it is followed by a little bit of theory. By 1.20 minutes in, you see the issue and a good film of the tomato grower.
    This is the key background, looking to compete with overseas tomato producers, the company must look at a lower cost production process. They look at an American machine and a 10 year payback.
    Now carry out this calculation.

I have put together some cash flow forecast values.

At a discount rate of 6% the PV factors will be:
    Year......................0.................. 1........... 2............. 3............ 4........... 5
    PV factor.......... 1.000............... 0.943..... 0.890...... 0.840...... 0.792..... 0.747
    The cash flows are estimated to be as follows:
    Year......................0.................. 1........... 2............. 3............ 4........... 5
    Investment ..... £6,000
    (£000)
    Savings (£000) ...................... £1,600... £1,600........ £1,600.. £1,600..... £1,600

Calculate the following:
    1. The payback period
    2. The net present value
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • KaySarah
    Options
    and you expect some logical calculations for this Sandy ... when, one by one, the pixies have made off with my sanity as well as my brains? haha .. I have just completed an Online Practise C&R ... I think there must have been a holographic image sitting in front of that holograohic lecturer because the real one hasn't a hope in a handbasket of passing the real exams - according to the practise ...Oh dear oh dear .. time for strategic planning and regrouping the mind!
    Happy Hogmanay - to one & all!
  • sugarlump1989
    sugarlump1989 Registered Posts: 6 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    When we're calculating the payback period, do we count Year 0? As in, is that the first year of payback.. or does it start with Year 1 as the first year? On my fourth practice paper, only 200 pages to go *sigh*

Hope you all had a good Christmas =D xx
  • SandyHood
    Options
    For payback: look at the period of time
    remember year 0 is day 1 of year 1 (or even the day before day 365 of year 0) and that year 1 is the last day of year 1.
    So an investment of £100 which is paid in yr 0 and has a net cash flow of £80 in year 1 and £40 in year two has a pay back period within year 2.

As £80 has been paid back at the end of year 1, we need £20 in year 2 to fully payback. And in year 2 the net cash flow is £40.

So using the AAT approach at the moment: £20 is needed x 12 months = 1 year and 6 months payback period
    ..........................................................£40 is earned
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • KaySarah
    Options
    Unable to access Moodle - and took ages to find the contact info for the Webmaster - who has not replied!
    Thought I could manage a sneaky peak at lots of other classwork to play with as my mind is now mush!
  • KaySarah
    Options
    Still no further forward in having my Light Bulb moment with C & Rs. Nobody can say that I haven't at least tried :-( I have printed off reams and reams of paper and have gone around in circles - just cannot understand why all the knowledge has disappeared!

I will now sit with all my papers and systematically go through the lot and if that doesn't work I have a major plan up my sleeve ....

KIDNAP THE TUTOR ! and steal all the knowledge from him :-) ... watch out for strange women wearing masks in dark corners Sandy ...
  • SandyHood
    Options
    Kay
    You super star
    You are brilliant
    There might be a bit of rust, but a wire brush should sort that!!

I've not got anything on moodle, so I guess you are referring to Lesley's work.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • KaySarah
    Options
    Aw thank you for that Sandy, what a lovely thing to say - the wire brush has been busy since 8am this morning. Systematically going through YOUR classwork from the very beginning as I found the stuff on Moodle (eventually got logged in after 9pm & looked at it all) wasn't quite as clear as yours except the bits that were quite obviously "yours"!
    I have just finished Labour & Production Costing now and moving forward, using your technique ... try to dredge the formulae out from Memory then write it down as copying it out just doesn't cement (concrete as Ronnie says) it in place. Tempted to try out CBT test paper for Jun 2011, but feel I must reacquaint my brain with everything first. Hard to fathom where it all went as I was fine in Class and with Homework - perhaps I am suffering from Dementia and short term memory loss in my advancing years haha ... If all else fails I may opt to Hire the tutor for a days worth of private lessons. Or perhaps I should just start wearing Purple now huh? "your sanity & wits they will all vanish, I promise" (Gogol Bordello's Gypsey Punks).
    Thanks for your support & encouragement Sandy - my alter ego is calling me back to the books now.
  • KaySarah
    Options
    I Could Cry! Dont EVER hit F5 in the middle of an Assessment!

Invaluable Lesson just learned! Doing CBT for C&R. Finished Q2.3 - AAT website is on a severe GoSlow grrr.... Q2.4 won't load despite numerous presses on Both NEXT and trying to Click Q number at top left .... Brainwave ... hit F5 to refresh the page .... aaaaaarrrrggghhhh .... Don't ever do this!!! The whole test vanishes and has to be started from scratch!
    Damned internet traffic and slow loading websites ... yes I was being patient. I think 4 minutes waiting for a test to load the next question is extremely patient ... and I thought I was doing well too ...
    boo hoo!!
  • SandyHood
    Options
    Some news

Ronnie has Good News
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • KaySarah
    Options
    SandyHood wrote: »
    Ronnie has Good News

Ronnie has learned his lessons well, which enabled him to get the job, because we have the BEST tutor! :-)
  • anisurrahman
    Options
    SandyHood wrote: »
    Ronnie has Good News
    KaySarah wrote: »
    Ronnie has learned his lessons well, which enabled him to get the job, because we have the BEST tutor! :-)

Thank you... :)
  • SandyHood
    Options
    A useful comment from a non-Chichester student

Well worth reading for the insight into what she had to take in her exam
    And to her credit disclosing only what would be the proffessional level of detail
    http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?32975-Costs-amp-Revenues&p=238432#post238432
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • KaySarah
    Options
    Thanks Sandy - I'd forgotten I had read this before :-)
    Have fun bowling.
  • KaySarah
    Options
    JUST WANTED TO WISH ALL MY FELLOW CLASSMATES GOOD LUCK WITH COSTS & REVENUES EXAM TONIGHT! I'll be wishing on every star for us all :-)
  • anisurrahman
    Options
    Thank you Kay..... :) Good Luck
  • anisurrahman
    Options
    Accounts Assistant - Job Vacancy @ Legal and General

Link: http://www.legalandgeneralgroup.com/careers/jobs/group-job-lg04608.html

Ref: LG04608
    Region: UK South East
    Specific Location: Hove
    Position Type: Full Time
    Job Family: Finance
    Salary: £18400 - £20000
    Closing date: Sunday 29 January 2012
    The IPS Operational Finance teams, based in Hove, require 10 Accounts Assistants to join the team on a temporary basis over the 2011/2012 Tax Year End period (March - April 2012) to support an increase in forecast ISA business volumes.

You will primarily be responsible for Finance administrative data-entry functions including cash receipting, reconciliation of banked monies and procesing cash ledger updates via a queue-based workflow system.

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
    Manual receipting of bond and debit card transactions via a queue-based work-flow system in accordance with internal SLAs and ensuring compliance with Client Money regulations.
    Procesing cash ledger updates including receipt of ad hoc new business transactions, deal amendments and UT-ISA switches.
    Monitoring the auto-cash receipting functionality, ensuring that all work items are cleared and exceptions are investigated and manually resolved throughout the day.
    Reconciliation of banked cheques based on paying-in slips provided by a third party outsourcer on a daily basis.
    Investigation of overcheques (unbanked cheques) in a timely manner, ensuring that appropriate action is taken to clear on a daily basis.
    Manual input of journals to the Finance general ledger system.
    Other general administrative duties including filing and archiving.

SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED

Skill/Knowledge
    Basic knowledge in the use of spreadsheets and analytical tools.
    Working within a team processing work to tight deadlines.
    Working knowledge of FSA rules and regulations (in particular CASS 7).
    Experience
    Work experience within an administrative data input role.

The Legal & General Group is a FTSE 100 company and one of the best known and most highly respected financial services companies in the UK. Our aim is to deliver value for money products and services, backed by consistently strong investment performance, sound financial advice and excellent service, so it will come as no surprise that we’ve also created an exceptional career environment. We can offer talented individuals a wide range of opportunities across various business areas.

Please Note: The Accounts Assistant Role is a Temporary Assignment working for Hyphen Recruitment on site at Legal and General. For further information please contact Nichola Crowley, Recruitment Consultant - Temporary Recruitment on 01273 373448

Nichola.crowley@landg.com
Privacy Policy