• jfrecker
    jfrecker Registered Posts: 24
    Options
    Well Done Natalie
  • M92Z
    M92Z Registered Posts: 10
    Options
    I failed too with 58% :(
    On my other exams I got 100%, 86%, 91% and 86% and I thought that I at least passed this one, but obviously not.
    Does anyone know where to get a breakdown of results as I have no idea where I done well and where I messed up.
  • jfrecker
    Options
    failed too 62% I too have done so well on all the others
  • JayKallee
    JayKallee Registered, Tutor Posts: 92
    Options
    M92Z said:

On my other exams I got 100%, 86%, 91% and 86% and I thought that I at least passed this one, but obviously not.
    Does anyone know where to get a breakdown of results as I have no idea where I done well and where I messed up.

Contact your training provider who can provide you with a task by task breakdown, the usual one where you can see criteria such 'met' 'below requirement' and so on.

• M92Z
    M92Z Registered Posts: 10
    Options
    JayKallee said:

M92Z said:

Contact your training provider who can provide you with a task by task breakdown, the usual one where you can see criteria such 'met' 'below requirement' and so on.

Ok will do, thank you.
  • GemGem17
    GemGem17 Registered Posts: 30
    Options
    Failed this exam, first one I've failed and I got 67%. How do we go about getting extra feedback on our answers and do we have to pay for this?
  • jfrecker
    Options
    Yes the re-sit was 52.00 last time I did it and your tutor can give you a breakdown of results
  • Kennnnedyy
    Kennnnedyy Registered Posts: 15
    Options
    I failed with 62%, My friends also failed with 49%, 60% & 53%, It seems like a lot of people are in the same boat
  • martuska85
    martuska85 Registered Posts: 7
    Options
    It is a fail for me too guys, 65%. I am crying ;(
  • jfrecker
    Options
    I have submitted a complaint to AAT last week too, still no reply. I think the lack or old resources/materials is terrible the exam itself is very different to the the topics we have already studied and more like a topic of its own. Sole destroying when you have passed all other exams and this one is stopping you from the full qualification
  • sophiemossop
    sophiemossop Registered Posts: 5
    Options
    I have passed every exam first time for AAT and have failed the synoptic with 64% I am absolutely gutted I worked so hard. How do I make a complaint and where to ?
    I'm not sure if it worth an appeal? but this is truly demotivating having to now wait until I can resit and then go through the process of waiting another 6 weeks at least for the result when I should have passed. I have never failed an exam and this is my last exam to complete AAT it just doesn't add up. There must be a problem with the exam as I can see I am not the only one feeling this way they should boost the mark percentage up for everyone as this was far worse than the MDCL which I passed even before the mark up. I believe this exam result is not a true reflection of what I have worked for :/
  • sharpy92
    sharpy92 Registered Posts: 52
    Options

I have passed every exam first time for AAT and have failed the synoptic with 64% I am absolutely gutted I worked so hard. How do I make a complaint and where to ?
    I'm not sure if it worth an appeal? but this is truly demotivating having to now wait until I can resit and then go through the process of waiting another 6 weeks at least for the result when I should have passed. I have never failed an exam and this is my last exam to complete AAT it just doesn't add up. There must be a problem with the exam as I can see I am not the only one feeling this way they should boost the mark percentage up for everyone as this was far worse than the MDCL which I passed even before the mark up. I believe this exam result is not a true reflection of what I have worked for :/

I am exactly the same literally to the percentage of 64%, never failed an exam in my life and now this. I am absolutely gutted, I am going to put a complaint in but not entirely sure where it will lead. I've been told my next re-sit window at college is December!
  • steady88
    steady88 Registered Posts: 25
    Options
    sharpy92 said:

I am exactly the same literally to the percentage of 64%, never failed an exam in my life and now this. I am absolutely gutted, I am going to put a complaint in but not entirely sure where it will lead. I've been told my next re-sit window at college is December!
    I've just booked my resit for 27th September, as that's the next sitting period
  • jfrecker
    Options
    customer.support@aat.org.uk

This is the email I used to complain, I think everyone should, I have also passed all my exams first time even without mark up on MDCL and now I have failed this twice, one of the questions on the paper on mine was worth 10 marks and I didn't even now where to start so i knew would have probably paid, never been covered in College and totally unrealistic to ask of any student with the lack of support. They said they had received a lot of complaints on Synoptic so the reply may take a little while longer, I am still waiting
  • Kennnnedyy
    Options
    I have seen that many people have failed this exam when they expected to pass (especially considering their past results) so I have drafted an email to send to the AAT

Hi,

I was wondering if there were any plans to uplift the Level 4 Synoptic exam results due to the abysmal pass rate (especially for 1st time sitters). I along with many of my peers passed every other exam 1st time and still only managed a very low percentage score with this exam, surely this can not be right. Especially considering the fact that the MDCL exam results were heavily boosted despite the fact that (in my group of peers) we found the exam was a lot more similar to what we were expecting and pass rates (again in my group of peers) were significantly higher. I understand that the MDCL scores were boosted due to the comparable statistics with last years results and this would not be possible for the synoptic exam due to the fact that this is the 1st year that the exam is being run however i don't feel that us as the 1st set of students to sit this exam should be punished for doing so especially if there are plans to change the exam for next year so i would propose a percentage increase nationwide in results to reflect the pass rates of the previous exams sat by all students this year or at least to reflect a pass rate that the AAT were expecting for this exam.

I've sent this to customersupport@aat.org.uk
  • hangawi74
    hangawi74 Registered Posts: 19
    Options
    I am going to write to them as well

thanks
  • sophiemossop
    sophiemossop Registered Posts: 5
    Options
    I have wrote an email as well to complain hopefully they do something, as I'm pretty sure they boosted the percentage for the Level 3 Synoptic so they are clearly causing a problem
  • Kennnnedyy
    Options
    If enough of us complain they'll have to address it so i urge you if you feel at all like you have been hard done by please complain even if you just copy & paste someone else's email and to also ask people who are not on this forum to also do so.
  • yzhang
    yzhang Registered Posts: 3
    Options
    I also failed my synoptic exam, to bring AAT's attention to the issue, I suggest all of us who failed the synoptic exam should email AAT to complain. AAT increased 10% to MDCL exam earlier this year, it would be acceptable if they could also increase 10% to the synoptic exam.
  • sharpy92
    sharpy92 Registered Posts: 52
    Options
    I have just emailed the customersupport@aat.org.uk with a complaint requesting they review the results and look into feedback from students. Not sure if they will reply but it's worth a shot
  • jfrecker
    Options
    It is so unfair, we are the first set of students to test this new exam and I am positive due to the pass rates they will evaluate it for new students studying next year, but this is still unfair on us and like you say any changes made for future exams should reflect in our results.
  • student
    student Registered Posts: 44
    Options
    I failed for the second time. I don't know what else should I do.
  • unicorn1905
    unicorn1905 Registered Posts: 47
    Options
    I have complained today too! Passed all others 85-95% and today 65%
  • hangawi74
    hangawi74 Registered Posts: 19
    Options
    Please complain to AAT it's so unfair
  • Megan1
    Megan1 Registered Posts: 25
    Options
    student said:

I failed for the second time. I don't know what else should I do.

Me too failed twice so far. Don't know how many more times it will be.
  • student
    student Registered Posts: 44
    Options
    not only me but also many of my classmates complained after failing in our first sit, but nothing changed. except receiving a reply which was not convincing, and added the frustration.
    I don't see any point in complaining. I am not begging for mark. since I have done well so far with the results.91%,97%,84%,85%,82%. but I am looking for the explanation for this discrepancy, if I can not pass synoptic there must be a problem with my previous exams to measures the level of my competency or there is something wrong with the synoptic exam. still I am waiting for the answer to this question.
  • unicorn1905
    unicorn1905 Registered Posts: 47
    Options
    Does anyone know anyone who has done the project in previous years? As I don't so have no one to ask how difficult it was. Surely AAT should benchmark it against this?
Privacy Policy