Has anybody had their results for the July sitting synoptic for level 4?

Options

Comments

• NatalieSarantos
    NatalieSarantos Registered Posts: 150
    Options
    Honestly, I think everyone should submit a complaint, pass or fail. They cannot toy with people this way!! They're literally playing with people's lives AND on top of that to be closed on the day the results are out is insane!! Are they trying to tell us that the whole customer service is being trained??? How unethical of them!
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    @AbbyCarr until 5.45???? That's 6.45 my time!!! Omg my brain might just explode if I have to wait that long!!! What are they playing at?
  • AbbyCarr
    AbbyCarr Registered Posts: 157
    Options
    It was awful! Obviously by then it was too late for anyone to get their breakdown from their provider either.
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    @AbbyCarr of course! Hadn't even thought about that! So annoying!!
  • ccoffee
    ccoffee Registered Posts: 7
    Options
    Tomorrow is going to be a refresh page every 5 mins kind of day!!! I wonder how many results in total are going out tomorrow...thousands?
  • steady88
    steady88 Registered Posts: 25
    Options

A strange time, why not 1pm or 2pm?

It was mentioned in another thread that maybe a complaint should be made to ofqual, as they're the examining board regulating body for AAT. AAT aren't listening to these valid complaints and giving a satisfactory response so perhaps they need to be investigated by a higher body.

Whilst doing some research for my next exam, I looked at the performance feedback for a couple of modules from 2016. The written questions were the weakest performing areas under AQ2013. I do think it's good that students learn to analyse financial information and put it in a written format, as a management accountant would be expected to that regularly.

However if it this is students weakest area (for me I'm good at maths, I have to work a bit harder on the written questions, as that's less natural to me), then is it not flawed to have a written assessment worth 35% of the overall grade, as previous years show this has been students weakest area.

If students had done well in this area then it might not be so bad, but looking at previous years feedback, it looks like a lack of good results is perhaps not all that surprising.
  • ccoffee
    Options
    Very good point Steady88... My only guess is that they thought the qualification wasn't hard enough before, and have therefore made it more difficult, but there's making It slightly harder and then making it EXTREMELY confusing and 10x harder!!
    Training on a Friday afternoon wouldn't happen in many companies.. and if it is, its clearly training with how to deal with Monday's complaint phone calls!! :(
  • rachyn2610
    rachyn2610 Registered Posts: 4
    Options
    This exam was the biggest nightmare for me. Not only was it awfully hard, we had loads of technical problems. Around 5 out of 19 of us actually managed to finish the exam as the rest of the people were kicked out by the software at sporadic points. We had people coming in and out trying to fix It, the invigilator on her phone. I was sat right in front if her and had around 4 people standing and talking at any one time. I went blank so many times I struggled to even think what they were asking let alone try and formulate an answer. Multiple complaints have gone into to AAT from my college and other students and no response. It's likely we won't even get any consideration for the severe lack of exam conditions making it even harder! I would have struggled with that exam even sat in silence let alone what happened! I came home and went to bed and cried it was simply awful. If I have passed it will be a miracle but wkill be nothing near my usual standard - am averaging over 90% in all other modules I have sat so far.

I don't want my result
  • ccoffee
    Options
    Rachyn, I had the trouble with the assessment chucking me out.. I had it stop working, then someone came into the room and got it working again, but the clock didn't start ticking again after they paused it, so then it eventually froze again and I lost all of my answer that id just spent typing out on one of the longer written questions, I could t believe my work was lost and the lady said to me "well don't worry you haven't lost any time" but that wasn't the point! I felt so incredibly nervous in my stomach as all this happened,nand like you went blank! The girl next to me, who was also taking professional synoptic, and was lucky enough not to get the errors, even made the point that she was put off by what was going on. I too am averaging high results I got 95, 86 and 86 on the 3 compulsory units. It's so disappointing that this exam has had to happen!!!
  • rachyn2610
    rachyn2610 Registered Posts: 4
    Options
    It is simply awful. I've got 91, 93, 88 and 89 so far. I was so distracted in this exam due to all that happened it was beyond belief. I don't even think we will get any consideration but I know that it has massively affected how i answered and how the exam went
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    @ccoffee it's already been that kind of day today haha! Tomorrow will be every 2 minutes I reckon!
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    @rachyn2610 i cant believe you went through all that! I would have lost the plot!!!
  • SueFW
    SueFW Registered Posts: 84
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I am absolutely dreading it feeling really negative :'(
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    @suefw i am too! I just don't trust AAT!
  • SueFW
    Options
    @NatalieSarantos No neither do I. I just don't know what to think anymore I'm even wondering if it was worth all the stress!
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    @SueFW me too! How sad that we should feel this way!!
  • SueFW
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @NatalieSarantos Yes it is very sad and we've worked so hard. I'm even wondering if I should have studied ACCA from the start.
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    @SueFW I've been thinking that too! It would have been harder but it's not like we shy away from hard work. At least our hard work would have paid off!
  • SueFW
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @NatalieSarantos Yes I totally agree I'm not afraid of hard work and did an HNC in Housing Studies and I wasn't half as stressed, this year has been one I do not wish to repeat and I would say its been hell!
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    @SueFW same here! I have a degree in psychology with criminology and my dissertation was actually published in a journal. Not half as hard as level 4! It shouldn't be this bad!!
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    Doomsday is upon us! Good luck everyone!
  • SueFW
    Options
    Good luck everyone!
  • marialucas
    marialucas Registered Posts: 49
    Options
    Good luck :)!
  • 93jw11
    93jw11 Registered Posts: 20
    Options
    Wishing everyone good results!!
  • ChrisJ30
    ChrisJ30 Registered Posts: 93 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I wish you all the best :)
  • 93jw11
    Options
    What time do they tend to be released?? To save me refreshing all day a million times!! Lol
  • CharlotteSylvia
    CharlotteSylvia Registered Posts: 28
    Options
    I've just had an email from AAT just saying "Congratulations Charlotte,
    We're pleased to confirm that you have successfully completed the AAT Accounting Qualification. This is a wonderful achievement and you'll receive your certificate within the next few weeks. "

But my results haven't come up when I log in so I don't know how much I passed my synoptic by!
  • marialucas
    marialucas Registered Posts: 49
    Options
    65% :(
  • 93jw11
    Options
    How do you go about paying for detailed breakdown of where you went wrong?
  • sharpy92
    sharpy92 Registered Posts: 52
    Options
    64% absolutely gutted as got over 80% in my other exams, now I'm not back in college until 19th September and my resit will be on the 26th!!!
Privacy Policy