Has anybody had their results for the July sitting synoptic for level 4?

124»

Comments

• ccoffee
    ccoffee Registered Posts: 7
    I got 73% - relieved, but disappointed as was aiming for merit or distinction, so unfair for people like you @marialucas who were so close, everyone results should be put up 10% due to the exam being extremely confusing and unfair!! AAT have been a let down!
  • marialucas
    marialucas Registered Posts: 49
    well done to the ones who have passed
  • 93jw11
    93jw11 Registered Posts: 20
    60% passes every other exam since level 2 first time. I don't know what more I can do ☹️
  • minicooper
    minicooper Registered Posts: 19
    i failed too dont worry
  • sharpy92
    sharpy92 Registered Posts: 52
    I am gutted about failing but it seems a lot of people are in the same boat. This is the first AAT Exam I have failed since starting level 2, years ago. Booked in for re-sit in September going to have to revise daily from the looks of it!
  • minicooper
    i actually passed got 70% but only met one task and the feedback sheet. they must be rebanding them
  • marialucas

i actually passed got 70% but only met one task and the feedback sheet. they must be rebanding them

Why did you say "I failed too don't worry"
  • minicooper
    i got the feedback sheet before my results and got below requirement on all but 1 which i met so it was obvious i hadnt passed. they must have rebanded them
  • marialucas

i got the feedback sheet before my results and got below requirement on all but 1 which i met so it was obvious i hadnt passed. they must have rebanded them

The feedback sheet always look worse than the actual results. Did your tutor forward the breakdown?
  • sharpy92
    sharpy92 Registered Posts: 52
    Where can you see the feedback sheets for the exam?
  • M92Z
    M92Z Registered Posts: 10
    I got 100%, 91% and 86% x 2 on my previous exams and thought I done well on the synoptic, but just found out that I only got 58%!!
    How can I get the breakdown. I thought I done well so need to check what happened.
  • Sabbean
    Sabbean Registered Posts: 18
    Well done to everyone who was passed and sorry to everyone who didn't :'( I know how it feels as this was a retake this time but luckily I just scraped a pass with 70%! Slightly gutted as it means I will only get a pass overall after getting around 90% in most of the exams but considering I had 3 days between getting my last result and sitting the retake I'm just glad it's over with!
  • minicooper
    everyone still complain :)
  • Kennnnedyy
    Kennnnedyy Registered Posts: 15
    edited August 2017
    62% Here with all 4 of my friends getting even lower than me, seems a lot of people are not passing 1st time
  • NatalieSarantos
    NatalieSarantos Registered Posts: 150
    Thank you everyone for the congratulations. Seems like I've been super lucky. Still in shock to be honest. Really sorry for everyone who didn't pass, it's just not fair!
  • SueFW
    SueFW Registered Posts: 84
    edited August 2017
    Congratulations to all that passed I scraped through with 72% so relieved as it was a resit! I really feel for those that failed, this exam is way too difficult and needs to be reviewed. I feel quite deflated even though I passed as so many of my colleagues didn't. I wish all those the best of luck and I will be thinking of everyone who weren't so lucky xx
  • rachyn2610
    rachyn2610 Registered Posts: 4
    I got 72%. Relieved I have passed after the trauma of my exam but I know i could have done better without the distractions. My average of 90% overall is now just over 80% . I guess I shouldn't complain but I know that this exam will be bringing so many people's results down so much which seems so unfair as we all work so hard. I'm sorry for all of you that haven't passed.
  • CharlotteSylvia
    CharlotteSylvia Registered Posts: 28
    I got 61% the first time around, so I'm really happy that I've now passed with 72%... wish I had done better but a pass is a pass!
  • 93jw11
    93jw11 Registered Posts: 20
    Charlotte Sylvia could you give any tips on how you revised differently etc to go from 61% to 72% please? Just got 60% and I don't know what more I could have done! Thanks
  • M92Z
    M92Z Registered Posts: 10
    Nearly everybody seems to have either failed or barely scraped a pass, even people with average results of 90%+ in the other exams.
    I feel there's an issue with this exam (as there was also with the MDCL unit). They should look into this if a lot of people complain.
    Who can we email or contact about this at AAT?
  • minicooper
    M92Z said:

Nearly everybody seems to have either failed or barely scraped a pass, even people with average results of 90%+ in the other exams.

I feel there's an issue with this exam (as there was also with the MDCL unit). They should look into this if a lot of people complain.

Who can we email or contact about this at AAT?

I wrote a letter to the HQ in London and also attached it on an email. No reply, of course.
  • Kennnnedyy
    Kennnnedyy Registered Posts: 15
    I have seen that many people have failed this exam when they expected to pass (especially considering their past results) so I have drafted an email to send to the AAT

Hi,

I was wondering if there were any plans to uplift the Level 4 Synoptic exam results due to the abysmal pass rate (especially for 1st time sitters). I along with many of my peers passed every other exam 1st time and still only managed a very low percentage score with this exam, surely this can not be right. Especially considering the fact that the MDCL exam results were heavily boosted despite the fact that (in my group of peers) we found the exam was a lot more similar to what we were expecting and pass rates (again in my group of peers) were significantly higher. I understand that the MDCL scores were boosted due to the comparable statistics with last years results and this would not be possible for the synoptic exam due to the fact that this is the 1st year that the exam is being run however i don't feel that us as the 1st set of students to sit this exam should be punished for doing so especially if there are plans to change the exam for next year so i would propose a percentage increase nationwide in results to reflect the pass rates of the previous exams sat by all students this year or at least to reflect a pass rate that the AAT were expecting for this exam.

Thanks,

I am not quite sure what email i should send this to so if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
  • AbbyCarr
    AbbyCarr Registered Posts: 157
    AAT have sent a generic response to all complaints regarding the synoptic. Personally I wouldn't worry about the time and effort you put into your complaint as it simply isn't read. Everyone needs to complain even if they receive the same response. I personally achieved 90% when I sat in May, but I do not feel I worked any harder or was any more competent than those who failed; although I did put a lot of effort in.
  • CharlotteSylvia
    CharlotteSylvia Registered Posts: 28
    93jw11 said:

Charlotte Sylvia could you give any tips on how you revised differently etc to go from 61% to 72% please? Just got 60% and I don't know what more I could have done! Thanks

I would revise my written questions verbally with my partner. So he would ask me the question and I would explain the answer to him, he would then ask me questions (as he doesn't have an accounting background) such as "What do you mean by a fixed budget" and I would really have to go into detail to explain to him what I meant.

So the 2nd time round, when I answered the written questions, I would write them so that someone who had little or no accounting background would be able to understand what I meant. Seemed to get me enough marks to scrap a pass.
Privacy Policy