FRA - Yay!!!! It's over!!!

square-peg
square-peg Registered Posts: 143 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Thank goodness for that. I was really worried after reading the threads on ECR. Really glad it's over. :lol:
ยซ1345678

Comments

• Kate9986
    Kate9986 Registered Posts: 16 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I couldn't get it 2 balance - do you think they will fail me for that??!! :001_unsure:
  • babybonkers
    babybonkers Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    hi i couldn't get the first trial balance to balance so i put in a suspence of ยฃ2700. For the second etb i had a net profit of 20410 or something silmilar.How did everyone else get on? I think you can still pass if you don't get them to balance .You need 51 %.
  • sarahmichelle
    sarahmichelle Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    pass rate

At our college we were told that we need around 75-80% to pass but not balancing your accounts doesn't mean you can't achieve this, as long as you have been consistent and have shown your workings.
  • westendlad
    westendlad Registered Posts: 30 Regular contributor โญ
    I didn't get the ETB to balance and so couldn't finish the P and L account. Did as much as I could, ran out of time looking for it.

Probably failed for that, I got part 1 to balance although I wasn't sure how to do the markup and maybe my Closing balance figure was wrong because of that.

Did anybody get the puzzle in section 2 ie question 2.1
  • scottf2404
    scottf2404 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I have always heard 80% being spoken about but more relating to the simulations rather than the actual exam. The key thing in the exam i think is that you show competence in both sections as you can make mistakes meaning your tb may be wrong but it will only be marked wrong once rather than again and again. I was able to get the tb to balance in section 1 at 360,314 and a profit of 20,000 in the etb of section 2 but like everbody we now get to enjoy the worlds longest wait for the results to be released, oh joy.
  • scottf2404
    scottf2404 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    SLCA and Sales Ledger should have both been 3,800 in task 2.1 i think.
  • Tinkerbell007
    Tinkerbell007 Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor โญ
    Hi Scott - Thats what I got - i said you had to both add and subtract the ยฃ65
  • sazzle01
    sazzle01 Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor โญ
    Hi Guys,

What a relief but i di have a head ache now!!

Could not get my T/B to balance but was ยฃ4000 out think its was relating to something
    i did with the rent account and prepayment so i put it in the suspense account and what really threw me was the reconciliation on sales/slca and on the e/t/b the closing stock?? 0?? Oops actually we are not aloud to discuss yet are we
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I got 20,000 for net profit in section 2 I think.

My first TB balanced in the end.. I had a big problem with the rent account cos of accrual and prepayment, I think I got it right after some serious stressing!
  • square-peg
    I was able to get the tb to balance in section 1 at ???????? and a profit of ?????? in the etb of section 2
    (quote edited)

Don't forget we can't mention details of questions and their contents until after 8pm. :001_unsure:
  • acc1077
    acc1077 Registered Posts: 138 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Just poured myself a large glass of wine (i know it's early) and awaiting 8 oclock to see what everyone says lol:001_tt2:
  • sazzle01
    sazzle01 Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor โญ
    Can i have one, Pleaseeee i hear they are good cure's for head aches!!
    I Was feeling quite confident before hand but just got stumpped by some questions and went blank, i do hope the examiner is in a extra nice/happy mood when marking!

May be they should have some of your wine! ha ha ;-)
  • acc1077
    Its homemade so lovely and leaful (oophs don't think I spelt that right)
  • square-peg
    leaful (oophs don't think I spelt that right)

is that a sign of how much of it you've drunk already?! :tongue_smilie:
  • acc1077
    hee hee
  • acc1077
    Maybe I should have taken a glass in with me this afternoon - it might have made better sense lol
  • Alex T
    Alex T Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Section 1 wasn't to bad, but I couldn't get my ETB to balance on the balance sheet will this fail me and make me resit

I was able to do everything else bar that
  • mel3321
    mel3321 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I know we cant talk about it yet but when we can 8.00pm can somebody tell me what figure they got for Gross Profit on the profit and Loss at the end. I know I havent got it right as I didnt get to the same net figure for profit from my ETB. I do remember what I got for Gross, cant remember what total of expenses were but sure didnt get same figure from ETB for net profit. It will drive me crazy!!!!!!! Roll on 8.00 if I can read by then as I too have BIG glass of wine on the go.
  • spurschic1@yahoo.com
    spurschic1@yahoo.com Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor โญ
    As far as I know you get marks for your workings etc so even though you don't balance you will still get some marks, prob just not as many? Hope this cheers you up!

:thumbup1:
  • acc1077
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one
  • lauradwkns
    lauradwkns Registered Posts: 23 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    <edit: didnt mean to post b4 8. soz.>
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I got 2 columns to balance on the ETB but couldnt get the balance sheet columns to balance for some reason. I did enough to be able to do the P&L account so i'm happy-ish with that:thumbup:
  • spurschic1@yahoo.com
    spurschic1@yahoo.com Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor โญ
    just be careful you don't put any info re the exam on here until after 8 or the thread will be deleted again.

I'm desperately counting down till then so I can see if I got what everyone else did lol!
  • any2002uk
    any2002uk Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor โญ
    it is not 8pm and still everyone start reveal the answer before 8pm! which mean abroad students will be cheat!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    is it 8 yet??????
  • A-Vic
    One thing i would like to say the person in oldham with the really bad cough that lasted untill you left the hall i hope you feel better soon grrrrrr:thumbdown:
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    One thing i would like to say the person in oldham with the really bad cough that lasted untill you left the hall i hope you feel better soon grrrrrr:thumbdown:

LOL, I had one of them today too. Unlike you I don't hope they get better I hope their head fell off on the way home:lol:
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Funnily enough there was one of those in mansfield too!! lol. Hope she gets better soon, lol.
  • square-peg
    A-Vic wrote: ยป

oh no! I was really worried I was going to be that person (not in Oldham....honest!) as I'm not well myself, so dosed myself up with inhalers and nasal sprays and tablets before the exam so I didn't drive everyone nutty coughing and blowing my nose!! I think it was only the adrenalin keeping me awake!! :closedeyes:
  • A-Vic
    LOL, I had one of them today too. Unlike you I don't hope they get better I hope their head fell off on the way home:lol:

Lmao
Privacy Policy