PGM
PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
...would you carry on studying??

I don't know...
ยซ1

Comments

• Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I'd finish whatever I'm doing, just to not waste it, although probably a lot slower than what I am doing now.

Not sure about work etc though.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Finish studies personally (are you trying to tell us youve won???) then take a year out and travel.

Best Wishes

Your new best friend :lol:
  • PGM
    ha! I think its wishfull thinking, dreaming that I could win and be on a tropical island instead of a exam room in June....

I'd probably finish my studies, but slower like Rinske said.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I won the lottery - 5 numbers once, but only got ยฃ70, everyone else won at the same time!!!!

I'm on my last 2 exams, so it'd make bugger all difference now to my AAT studies, but I think I'd still carry on the same and do ATT. I'd probably do it more quickly as I could afford to give up work and employ a Nanny/Cook/Housekeeper/Gardener and King Dong to keep me amused between studying !!!!!!!

IT'S ALL A FANTASY THOUGH - AS I DON'T ROUTINELY BUY A LOTTERY TICKET !!!!!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Rinske
    That is true! If I go work part time only or not at all, hire someone to do all the choires, I have so much more time to actually study!

it doesn't matter for AAT indeed, but for whatever comes next, I could just do it faster instead of slower!
  • PGM
    Could you really work?

Get up on a rainy cold Monday morning and go to work? When you could be anywhere you want...
  • Rinske
    I'd be bored not doing anything all day....

I mean once I win the lottery I can choose where I want to work and how many hours.
    More likely I start my own business though!
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I'm going to be really boring, I would pay off my brothers mortgage, then pay off mine.

I would take the whole family (and extended family) on a right good holiday.

I wouldn't work but would do some voluntary work, I don't think I could stay at home doing nothing and I would probably study something else, though what I don't know.
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I'm going to be really boring, I would pay off my brothers mortgage, then pay off mine.

I would take the whole family (and extended family) on a right good holiday.

I wouldn't work but would do some voluntary work, I don't think I could stay at home doing nothing and I would probably study something else, though what I don't know.

Snap, although I'd have to pay off my sister and brother in laws mortgages as well as my sisters, and ours of course so would need a very substantial win lol

Take the extended family on holiday? If I had to go with them I'd make it 10 days max!

Voluntary work would be a dream, I couldn't sit around doing nothing.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    That is unbelievable this thread being started. I had a text this morning from my Mum to say that she had nearly hit the big time!................she checked last Wednesday's lotto numbers late last night and got 5 numbers................she won ยฃ613 but if she had one more number it wouldave been ยฃ624,631.......................TOTAL BUMMER! One number away from over half a million!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    That is unbelievable this thread being started. I had a text this morning from my Mum to say that she had nearly hit the big time!................she checked last Wednesday's lotto numbers late last night and got 5 numbers................she won ยฃ613 but if she had one more number it wouldave been ยฃ624,631.......................TOTAL BUMMER! One number away from over half a million!

unlucky

we cant play it over here, so we have to rely on family remembering to put our numbers on and then of course telling us

i would continue to study but not feel pressured, i still would like to have letters after my name as i have worked hard so far.

i would continue to work as i cannot be doing with daytime tv, but it would be for myself doing the hours i want and have the holidays i want.

and of course it would all be done with my new huge boobs which i have always said i would buy (maybe that is why i have not won yet lol)
  • A-Vic
    taskey wrote: ยป
    unlucky

we cant play it over here, so we have to rely on family remembering to put our numbers on and then of course telling us

i would continue to study but not feel pressured, i still would like to have letters after my name as i have worked hard so far.

i would continue to work as i cannot be doing with daytime tv, but it would be for myself doing the hours i want and have the holidays i want.

and of course it would all be done with my new huge boobs which i have always said i would buy (maybe that is why i have not won yet lol)

Why not just do it on-line? (dont mean the boobs lol)
  • taskey
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Why not just do it on-line? (dont mean the boobs lol)

still not allowed as the isp is registered. it is a right buggerance and it really pees alot of soldiers and raf off.

once soldier did do it online and won quite a bit but the national lottery refused to pay him as he did not live in the UK. there was hell on over here.
  • A-Vic
    still not allowed as the isp is registered. it is a right buggerance and it really pees alot of soldiers and raf off.

once soldier did do it online and won quite a bit but the national lottery refused to pay him as he did not live in the UK. there was hell on over here.

in that case why the hell do they have to pay council tax????
  • taskey
    in that case why the hell do they have to pay council tax????

dont get me started!
  • A-Vic
    dont get me started!

the stuff my brothers have had to pay out while been over there is crazy, but the army has been good for him - one is coming out this year done his 21 years 12 in munster
  • taskey
    the stuff my brothers have had to pay out while been over there is crazy, but the army has been good for him - one is coming out this year done his 21 years 12 in munster

i grew up in munster and am about 45 minutes away from there now, love it
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I think I'd treat myself to the new Peaugot RCZ (or whatever it is) instead of swapping for another new little Citroen. First MOT's due next week & I can't be bothered with the hassle:(
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I thinka Porsche Boxter Convertible for the summer, an Audi R8 for the winter, and a Merc S-class if I have to drive any distance. House or flat in London and I'd better see the family right, I suppose. I quite fancy doing a multimedia Design degree so I can learn to do the bits of my job I actually like properly or possibly something whacky like a Maths degree.

Or maybe move to Brazil and blow it all on young women with loose morals :001_smile:
  • A-Vic
    CJC wrote: ยป

Or maybe move to Brazil and blow it all on young women with loose morals :001_smile:

or just do the above
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I'd emigrate and never come back - this country is a sinking ship.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I'd buy shoes. Lots and lots of shoes....
  • anniem
    I'd buy shoes. Lots and lots of shoes....

Are you a millipede????? :lol:

I think I'd come shoe shopping with you too, I like the idea of lots of shoes - even if I've only got two feet to put them on!

Then I should like a nice place to put my shoe collection ..... um, sparkly shoe cupboard in big new house!
  • A-Vic
    anniem wrote: ยป
    Are you a millipede????? :lol:

I think I'd come shoe shopping with you too, I like the idea of lots of shoes - even if I've only got two feet to put them on!

Then I should like a nice place to put my shoe collection ..... um, sparkly shoe cupboard in big new house!

Can i come too?
  • Monsoon
    Are you a millipede?????
    Nope, I'm a woman :lol:

Yes, group shoe shopping mission!

Actually, I'd pay off the mortgage, and boyfriend's and brother's, chuck a bit in regular savings, lock away the rest and live on the interest. But given this is all hypothetical as I don't even buy lottery tickets, I'm dreaming about the shoes!!! :-)
  • anniem
    We're with you woman or millipede!

I'm seeing myself pushing a BIG TROLLEY full of SHOES !!!!! :lol:
  • Rinske
    Shoeshopping is one thing I never understood.... Horrible...

Got to be done, but I'd rather do something else!

Now clothes shopping used to good. You walk in one store, you say you need 2-3 trousers in your size, they come bring them all, you fit them, make a choice, start combining it with shirts etc and then go home and be all done for half a year, apart from the odd shirts and underwear/ socks now and then, but that's just running in the cheap store nearby, grabbing a few and see how long it lasts....

Nowadays it's skipping most stores as they don't have my size, try 3 stores, find nothing nice, go home empty handed, and wonder where to get the trousers/ skirts. Although sometimes I am lucky and find some trousers.
  • Monsoon
    Rinske wrote: ยป

Got to be done, but I'd rather do something else!

Now clothes shopping used to good. You walk in one store, you say you need 2-3 trousers in your size, they come bring them all, you fit them, make a choice, start combining it with shirts etc and then go home and be all done for half a year, apart from the odd shirts and underwear/ socks now and then, but that's just running in the cheap store nearby, grabbing a few and see how long it lasts....

Nowadays it's skipping most stores as they don't have my size, try 3 stores, find nothing nice, go home empty handed, and wonder where to get the trousers/ skirts. Although sometimes I am lucky and find some trousers.

I have to say I much prefer shoe shopping online. I have to really be in the mood for going shopping in person. It's the clothes and shoes I like, not the shopping to get them. That can be a complete pain. Jeans.... don't even get me started on how hard it is to get jeans that fit!
  • anniem
    Rinske wrote: ยป

Do you wear clogs instead ????? :lol:
  • Rinske
    Do you wear clogs instead ????? :lol:
    I might be Dutch, but no...
Privacy Policy