The Match

A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
So which of you lot are sneaking off early for this afternoons match?

I finish at 3 anyway so might miss first 30 mins
ยซ1

Comments

• taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    germany rumour has it that england is closed for the match??

anyone confirm this for me?

lol

Tracy
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Well, most of my colleagues have gone home by now if they are interested in the match. Then quite a few had the day/ afternoon booked off because of the match. So there is hardly anyone left in the different departments, except for our finance office, which still has most people available and only two people took the time off.

I do hope the English win, but my interest exists in looking at the results after the match, rather than at the matches. If Holland or England ends up in the final, I probably watch though. Best would be to have a Holland-England final...

So, I'm stuck at work, no sneaking off, I started early today, but that's to get rid of some of the backlog in pettycash reconciliations for our shops (3 weeks behind), so no going home early I'm afraid.
  • A-Vic
    taskey wrote: ยป
    germany rumour has it that england is closed for the match??

anyone confirm this for me?

lol

Tracy

lol well according to the guy in the saint georges flag painted mini metro blowing his woowoo outside my office thinks it could be.

I think the four flags on the car as well was a bit much lol
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    What happens if you prefer rugby or darts, can we go home for them now the precident is set?! ;)
  • Rinske
    PGM wrote: ยป
    What happens if you prefer rugby or darts, can we go home for them now the precident is set?! ;)
    Would be fair, pick a sport and go home for the important matches? Then how many people would all of a sudden follow 10 different sports?
  • A-Vic

But are these real sport *runz* lol
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    Well, most of my colleagues have gone home by now if they are interested in the match. Then quite a few had the day/ afternoon booked off because of the match. So there is hardly anyone left in the different departments, except for our finance office, which still has most people available and only two people took the time off.

I do hope the English win, but my interest exists in looking at the results after the match, rather than at the matches. If Holland or England ends up in the final, I probably watch though. Best would be to have a Holland-England final...

So, I'm stuck at work, no sneaking off, I started early today, but that's to get rid of some of the backlog in pettycash reconciliations for our shops (3 weeks behind), so no going home early I'm afraid.

The bit you put about most of the Finance Dept still being at work is just like the McDonalds advert for the World Cup. Everybody is watching the match except the Finance Clerk! lol
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Well I'm happily ensconced on the sofa with a beer - it's about to kick off now. I booked the week off work for the world cup - it was supposed to be last week until the exam dates came out! Still, works out better this way.

Thoroughly enjoying my week of well deserved study break and some great football (well, at least the Portugal match!)
  • PGM
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    Would be fair, pick a sport and go home for the important matches? Then how many people would all of a sudden follow 10 different sports?

Pick cricket, lasts the longest :D
  • PGM
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    But are these real sport *runz* lol

Darts not a real sport?! These people are true athletes!
  • Rinske
    They tuned the radio in (slightly) on the match now. It didn't pick it up on the old spot, so is now temporarily moved behind me, making a lot of noise all the time, because it won't fine tune.... (It sounds like 20,000 vuvuzela's (spelling?) are hiding in the radio.)

I'm going home in an hour anyways and I think that's a good thing too. I'll be quite soon fed up with the noise.
  • Rinske
    Oke, I'm having a blast now, my manager doesn't want to know anything about the game, as he taped it, so he shut his office door and closed all blinds apart from one.

My colleague just deliberately ran in front of that bit celebrating....
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    England!!! :)
  • A-Vic
    bugga well that means more beer lol get innnn
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    We could well be facing Germany next, won't that be fun.
  • jenny3549
    And Landon Donovan got me a goal for my dream team too!!!!

A good day's football indeed.
  • CJC
    Pick cricket, lasts the longest :D

And we're rather good at cricket right now, too.
  • Rinske
    Hmm, so cricket, football, darts, tennis, golf any other sports with important matches we could use as a reason to go home early?
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Shame the ice hockey's always on Saturday nights:(
  • Rinske
    Shame the ice hockey's always on Saturday nights:(
    No use following ice hockey then...
  • tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    And Landon Donovan got me a goal for my dream team too!!!!

A good day's football indeed.
    that was a great goal by Donovan! I had it going on my laptop with one earplug in while hubby had the england game on the telly. Best of both worlds I had...lol
    Plus I get off work at 2 being part time so haven't had to miss any of my beloved US games or England games!
  • taskey
    well the vuvuzelas were going mad last night. as we live on an english estate, all of the germans were driving through beeping their horns and blowing their vuvuzelas - how to torment the brits in one go lol

all of the cars, english and german have a flag in each window, a magnet which is a flag on each door panel and we even have wing mirror cover with the flag on it is so cool. all the brits have their flags out of the windows and the germans all have their flags on poles in their front gardens. it is a really good atmosphere over here, just hope the germans win or there will be hell to pay lol

Tracy
  • CJC
    I'm sure England can win on Sunday. After all we've already stuffed the Aussies twice in this series.

What?
  • CJC
    just hope the germans win or there will be hell to pay lol
    Tracy
    Well at least someone's happy tonight.
  • tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    CJC wrote: ยป
    Well at least someone's happy tonight.
    I'm beginning to think that the Americans were more exciting to watch than the ENglish after that performance!
  • taskey
    woo hoo

woo hoo

woo hoo
  • A-Vic
    o well only 4 more years till the next one - i did laugh at capellas interview afterwards stateing he thought they played very well????? was he at the same match? at least we wont have to see sherk and donkey (rooney and hersky) together for a while :lol:
  • CJC
    woo hoo

woo hoo

woo hoo

And a few more now I imagine.
  • Rinske
    CJC wrote: ยป
    And a few more now I imagine.
    Holland Germany final would be nice!
  • jenny3549
    Holland v Germany would be perfect for my dream team and I'll admit to having placed a little bet on Germany before it all started so I may be a little financially biased as to the outcome!
Privacy Policy