Budgeting AQ2013 New Syllabus Practice Assessments

Options
Kris1990
Kris1990 Registered Posts: 52 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hi All

Does anyone know when AAT are likely to add the new syllabus' practice assessments to the AAT website?

I've almost finished the BPP AQ2013 Budgeting text book and would like to start some mock exams, could I use the old syllabus practice assessments? I'm guess Budgeting hasn't changed much, if at all.

Cheers
Kris

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi All

Does anyone know when AAT are likely to add the new syllabus' practice assessments to the AAT website?

I've almost finished the BPP AQ2013 Budgeting text book and would like to start some mock exams, could I use the old syllabus practice assessments? I'm guess Budgeting hasn't changed much, if at all.

Cheers
    Kris

Why not sit the AQ2010 exam and then transfer it over later on? It's a straight like for like exemption and it would mean that you could sit the exam now rather than waiting til October/November time for the AQ2013 exam to come out.
  • Kris1990
    Options
    coojee wrote: ยป
    Why not sit the AQ2010 exam and then transfer it over later on? It's a straight like for like exemption and it would mean that you could sit the exam now rather than waiting til October/November time for the AQ2013 exam to come out.

I thought about that but I would have to sit the exam by the 1st September, my nearest exam centre doesn't have any available places until 2nd September (I checked today). However they have available places on 2nd October, I'm hoping to study another module between now and then, probably credit management as that seems to be the quickest.

Thanks for your reply, I'll just keep checking the AAT website for the practice assessments.
  • coojee
    Options
    I thought about that but I would have to sit the exam by the 1st September, my nearest exam centre doesn't have any available places until 2nd September (I checked today). However they have available places on 2nd October, I'm hoping to study another module between now and then, probably credit management as that seems to be the quickest.

Thanks for your reply, I'll just keep checking the AAT website for the practice assessments.

The AQ2010 exams are available until 31st Dec 2014, why would you have to sit it by 1st Sept?

According to the AAT the practice assessments should be available now, they said earlier this year that practice material would be available on or before the launch date of the qual
  • Kris1990
    Options
    The AQ2010 exams are available until 31st Dec 2014, why would you have to sit it by 1st Sept?

According to the AAT the practice assessments should be available now, they said earlier this year that practice material would be available on or before the launch date of the qual

Sorry I forgot to mention this would be my 1st level 4 module, you've only got until 31st Dec 14 if you've sat a module by 1st Sept 13. I'm a week too late and will have to start on AQ2013.

I hope I'm wrong but this is from BPP's website
    From the 1st of September 2013, all new students and existing students starting a new level of the AAT qualification will be required to register for the AQ2013. All existing students who have started but not finished a level under the AQ2010 will be given 16 months to complete that level - this means that AQ2010 assessments may be taken up until the 31st December 2014.
  • coojee
    Options
    Sorry I forgot to mention this would be my 1st level 4 module, you've only got until 31st Dec 14 if you've sat a module by 1st Sept 13. I'm a week too late and will have to start on AQ2013.

I hope I'm wrong but this is from BPP's website

That may be the case as a BPP student but there's nothing to stop you as an AAT student taking the AQ2010 exam. Just because you've bought an AQ2013 course from BPP doesn't mean that you can't sit an AQ2010 exam. Are you doing distance learning or classroom with BPP?
  • Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Options
    My understanding was the same as Kris's. I thought you were only eligible to sit an AQ2010 exam if you were on the AQ2010 pathway, and the only way to do that is if you have already started the level prior to Sept 13. I thought anyone who took their first exam of a level after the Sept deadline were automatically put on the AQ2013 route.

But I could be wrong!

In the case of those exams which are directly transferrable from the old system to the new one, are the exams actually changing anyway? (I only ask this as I have no idea, so could it be irrelevant which system it is sat under anyway?)
  • Kris1990
    Options
    That may be the case as a BPP student but there's nothing to stop you as an AAT student taking the AQ2010 exam. Just because you've bought an AQ2013 course from BPP doesn't mean that you can't sit an AQ2010 exam. Are you doing distance learning or classroom with BPP?

Neither, I'm self studying using the BPP text books. I've found the below link which confirms what's on BPP's website:

https://www.aat.org.uk/training/qualifications/aq2013

It also states, practice asssessments and study materials will be available on 1st September, sorry I should of searched before making this thread.

@NPS From what I've read, AAT are: adding an ethics section to ICAS, changing the exam layout from 2 sections to 1 and updating the Tax modules.

Thanks for all your help.
  • coojee
    Options
    Nps wrote: ยป
    My understanding was the same as Kris's. I thought you were only eligible to sit an AQ2010 exam if you were on the AQ2010 pathway, and the only way to do that is if you have already started the level prior to Sept 13. I thought anyone who took their first exam of a level after the Sept deadline were automatically put on the AQ2013 route.

But I could be wrong!

In the case of those exams which are directly transferrable from the old system to the new one, are the exams actually changing anyway? (I only ask this as I have no idea, so could it be irrelevant which system it is sat under anyway?)

As long as you're registered with the AAT on AQ2010 before the end of August then you can continue to sit AQ2010 exams regardless of whether you've taken any yet. It has to be this way otherwise what about people who started studying in say April/May who have yet to take an exam? They couldn't have registered on AQ2013 as it didn't exist then, they had to buy materials for AQ2010 so they have to be allowed to sit AQ2010 exams. When you come to enter the exams you just need to choose AQ2010 or AQ2013 options.
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi
    From what I understand, the first AQ2013 assessments will be available to take from 1st October. Practice assessments will start to appear from 1st September (only 1 per unit intiially with more coming online 1st October). All AQ2013 e-learning modules and Green Light tests will be available by the end of October 2013. (This is from information that I received from AAT last week)

It's important to note that no AQ2013 Tax assessments will be available until January 2014. This is especially important to note for all you self-studiers.

Good luck.
Privacy Policy