Pev 09 - ??

Options
The Master
The Master Registered Posts: 34 Regular contributor ⭐
Just done PEV 09. Cant stop thinking about my answers. Anyone up for comparing in 5mins?

Comments

• beansprout64
    beansprout64 Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Time to discuss?
  • tburchell11
    tburchell11 Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Yer me too!

I spent wayyy to long on section one. My variance reconciliation was out by like £225 and that paniced me. So it meant I took too long. Which in turn meant all my reports were rushed in section 2 trying to race to the end. I think I got the rest of my calculations right but my report writing was awful. I think I will fail on that. I do not think there was enough competence in them =(
  • AATmunkee
    AATmunkee Registered Posts: 123 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Same here... i spent far too long.. was out on my reconciliation but went back n changed all my standard quantaties and it balanced!! :( section 2.. ditto!! messed up ROCI.. did sales divided by capital invested.. what a plonker.. based all my answers on that so hopefully i'll be ok
  • beansprout64
    Options
    the variance part was different as you hadnt worked out overheads in 1.3, but then you had to in 1.4
  • exam panic
    exam panic Registered Posts: 157 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    variance

Anyone out there got the figure of variances
  • donnaalwill
    donnaalwill Registered Posts: 116 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    One of the things which might have thrown people I think is it only asked for the material reconciliation, so you had to take away the production overheads to be able to reconcile the statement. Thats how I worked it out anyway!
  • tburchell11
    Options
    I didnt include the over heads, I just did the materials but got a difference. I dont think it will be too much of a dilemma.

Did anyone get 180, 190 & 205 for the time index?
  • AATmunkee
    Options
    was all based on materials wasnt it.. i think my explanations for variances covered all the info they got and we under achieved the 45% for abratalooby.. whatever thebean was called!!! lol
  • exam panic
    Options
    my was

800a
    3000f
    1500a
    600f
    100a
    550 f
  • AATmunkee
    Options
    Didnt get that for my time index only because i divided march by all the other ones per kg!! got somethin like 0.58 and so on,,
  • The Master
    Options
    Thats the big thing that was dofferent with section 1 - they were after the rconcilliation between the actual cost of MATERIALS ONLY and the budgeted cost of MATERIALS ONLY. The reconcilliation had nothing to do with the overhead variances - sneaky if you ask me
  • katie123666
    katie123666 Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Yes thats what I got for Index, I took away the fixed overheads and didnt include them but when I calculated the expenditure and volune I think there was a diff off 100
  • AATmunkee
    Options
    Exam panic.. did u reconcile?
  • donnaalwill
    Options
    I did get those for the indexes, I had a blank mind though and couldn't seem to work it out properly, just rationalised that would be the answers considering the amounts?
    I had to leave out an explanation for value and the purchase of a coffee machine at the end. Tried to put in a little explanation on value added but couldn't think how it would affect a purchase.
    I hope I did enough to pass, I felt fine about section one, and most of 2. I put all my workings in and carried all my figures through and used them as examples so hopefully if there are calculation errors I wont be penalised too much for them.
  • kazseera
    kazseera Registered Posts: 87 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    exam panic wrote: »
    800a
    3000f
    1500a
    600f
    100a
    550 f
    i got that :-)
  • kazseera
    Options
    exam panic wrote: »
    800a
    3000f
    1500a
    600f
    100a
    550 f

hope its right lol
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options

Did anyone get 180, 190 & 205 for the time index?

Yes I did
  • mickle
    mickle Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I was pretty surprised today.I feel really confident about section 2 and think i stumbled in section 1. The variances through me for some reason. Seemed like very fair paper, fingers crossed now!
  • The Master
    Options
    i got 800a
    2250f
    600f
    1875a
    550f
    150a
  • exam panic
    Options
    overhead

I have to put overhead in to balnce the whole thing
  • AATmunkee
    Options
    I got the same as u master!! i had 95square metres and 4750kgs...
  • donnaalwill
    Options
    I can't remember the exact variances I got, my statement did reconcile though once I'd taken off the overhead part of the costs.
    There did seem to be a lot of writing though, in my revision though I haven't been doing all the written parts so it might be I just wasn't used to it!
  • beansprout64
    Options
    The Master wrote: »
    i got 800a
    2250f
    600f
    1875a
    550f
    150a

i think my answers were more like yours. especially the 2250. i did have 3000 (i used my answer from task 1.1 but realised the budget was 10,000 but the actual was 9,500)
  • nabutt
    nabutt Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    ya i got sme too as u master
  • Jointy
    Jointy Registered Posts: 78 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    How were the indexes worked out? I couldnt get to the right answer.
  • kazseera
    Options
    oh gosh lol i think ive done it wrong lol
  • Harriet1411
    Harriet1411 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    How did everyone work out the index number bit? I completed the seasonal variance part a and b but couldnt work out the idex numbers? I am worried I may have failed on this :-(
  • tburchell11
    Options
    I had to leave out an explanation for value and the purchase of a coffee machine at the end. Tried to put in a little explanation on value added but couldn't think how it would affect a purchase.

I put that the target cost would be taken by using the market rate of coffee machines and derive the desired cost from that after profit.

And for the value i put what kind of features they would need to include with the profit to match quality that customers are expecting. I.e Is it essential to include a part on the machine that would enable it to froth milk....saying that after repeating myself that sounds pretty lame answer!!
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    The Master wrote: »
    i got 800a
    2250f
    600f
    1875a
    550f
    150a

I agree, I got the same
  • donnaalwill
    Options
    I wish I'd made a note of my variances, I am drawing a complete blank of the figures as I always do so am hoping I got the right ones! Next time I must remember to try and make a note of the main figures lol
Privacy Policy