Management Accounting: Decision and Control (AQ2016) Exam

Options

Comments

• SueFW
    SueFW Registered Posts: 84
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I had an email forwarded from my tutor which he'd received from AAT and the suspension has been extended for another week until next Friday as they are still reviewing it.
  • AbbyCarr
    AbbyCarr Registered Posts: 157
    Options
    @NatalieSarantos Sorry, I meant calculate ROCE, that was the only part of my exam that was 'different'. I hope the review is done fairly, and not across the board. It would not be fair for my result to be increased as a result, as I sat a standard and fair exam. Although the pass rate was low in my class, I don't believe this was the result of the exam; and they should not be passed
  • NatalieSarantos
    NatalieSarantos Registered Posts: 150
    Options
    @AbbyCarr I don't think it's your place to say. The AAT will say whether they should be passed. You had a good exam and you should be grateful for that. Most of us didn't. This had nothing to do with preparation
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    @suejw wow! So another week.... ahhhhh drives me crazy!
  • SueFW
    Options
    Me too my nerves are shattered lol! I just hope it's good news. I'm worried about the other units now I've got the Financial Statements exam next week and I have decided that if the exam is not consistent with the revision and practice materials I shall certainly be reconsidering my studies with AAT.
  • AbbyCarr
    AbbyCarr Registered Posts: 157
    Options
    @NatalieSarantos I just meant, the changes to results and percentages should reflect the exam that each individual sat. I was saying that, I wouldn't expect my exam result to be changed as a result, as the exam sat was fair and good. I hope that the review, brings the result that you all are hoping for
  • scamp83
    scamp83 Registered Posts: 86
    Options
    Just had an email with an update - not much more info than we've already had and no timescale of when they expect to have a conclusion :anguished:
    Just a link to their update on the website... aat.org.uk/MDCLupdate.
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    @Suejw how are you finding the financial statements practice assessments? I just started that module this week so I'll be reading some of that this weekend!
    @scamp83 did you receive 2 emails too? One of them says that the review may have an impact on the result received so changing % is definitely something they're considering. I'm just not sure if they will be lowering the pass mark, re-marking every exam individually or just giving everyone a few % extra. It really is all up in the air! I wonder how long the review will take to be conducted!
  • SueFW
    Options
    @NatalieSarantos the materials are fine I've done the practice assessments online and they are fine I'm just worried about the live exam and trying to remember the IAS numbers and definitions. I just hope the live assessment is similar to the practice assessments. Someone commented on another forum that task 8 performance indicators had limited information which scares me having to spend time working something else out to get the figures you need to calculate! This is unfair if there's none of this in the practice stuff. Good luck with it x
  • SueFW
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @NatalieSarantos Do you think they'll lower the pass rate that might be the best thing but then by how much it's worrying!
  • scamp83
    Options
    I also only received one email; it was all very vague, no indication of what the outcome might be....
  • SueFW
    Options
    They are obviously still unsure what they are going to do I would have felt better if I'd have got over 60% I'm just mad I got 59%!
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    @Suejw please don't beat yourself up about the 59%, for that exam we did exceptionally!! 59% is a damn good result, I don't care what anyone wants to say. I did that exam and you know how I got 67%? I guessed!!! So honestly, don't do that to yourself. It's their fault, not ours! I know how much you had to study to get 59% because I literally had not life to get the mark I did. Honest to God, I'm talking about studying before work, during my work lunch breaks and until 10pm at night! So no, you did freak*ng awesome getting that great so, hands down, well done to us!! I have never been so proud of a fail in my life.
    @scamp83 I got 2 because the second one was about the resit I had booked!
    I was so confident I had done all I could that I booked the resit with 4 days to study and refresh!
    If i have to ask myself what I think is fair, i would say that they modify the pass mark to 50% and alter it so we have a % of 70 or over. That's what I think but do I think they'll be that fair? I don't know.
    I spoke to my tutor (he's been doing this for years and years) and he said that the AAT ALWAYS mess up when they change the syllabus but that he has never heard of this happening so it's obviously a really serious mess up that hasn't happened before! So who knows!
  • SueFW
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @NatalieSarantos thank you so much for your support it is much appreciated I have well and truly beat myself up. I have felt so much better since reading everyones comments on here and I hope that the outcome of the review is good news for us all. Good luck with Financial Statements let me know how it's going x
  • Jules18
    Jules18 Registered, Tutor Posts: 102 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    With the delay in the sitting of this paper for candidates has anybody considered the effect it will have on Synoptic testing? For colleges March is pretty impossible, May was extremely tight and July outside normal teaching. Is there any chance of a Professional Synoptic being scheduled for June?
  • scamp83
    Options
    I wonder if anyone sat the synpotic on the December sitting? I was suprised that on the link that the AAT sent in the email on Friday that some colleges require you to have sat/passed the other three units before they will allow you to sit the synoptic.....the cancellation / delay in the MDCL will cause a lot of problems in that respect.
  • DAS007
    DAS007 Registered Posts: 5
    Options
    To be honest, I've lost all motivtation for this course! I'm not going to quit or anything, but every unit, I start now is going to make me wonder if it's to pot! Like everyone on here who spent hours revising for exam which in manner of speaking an 'white elephant'. But onwards and upwards!
  • scamp83
    Options
    I totally agree @DAS007. As I've started it, I'd like to finish it and also I'm tied into it workwise, but other than that I've no enthusiasm at all!
  • PeteF
    PeteF Registered Posts: 16
    Options
    The AAT website has been updated with the following. Has anyone heard anything from AAT or their training providers? I was due to get my results for this exam just before the suspension of exams/results so have no idea how I might fare in this. Certainly a few of the questions were not what I was expecting and didn't remember studying the content!

Critical information: review of Management Accounting: Decision and Control assessment

Updated on 9 February 2017

We have now concluded our review of the Management Accounting: Decision and Control assessment.

This assessment will be available for scheduling and sitting from 08.00 (UK time) on Friday 10 February 2017.

Sample assessments will also be available from this time.

We will be communicating the outcomes of the review along with any changes to student achievements to training providers and students directly.
  • CharlotteSylvia
    CharlotteSylvia Registered Posts: 28
    Options
    Apparently they are only acknowledging fault with questions including idle time.
    A lady on my course who initially scored 68% has had her mark bumped up to 70%
    Looks like no hope for me and my 65% :(
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    @CharlotteSylvia how do you know? What did her email say? Freaking out here with my 67%!
  • CharlotteSylvia
    Options
    @NatalieSarantos I'm in my class as we speak, my tutor had confirmation from AAT today that they have only found a fault with the wording of idle time questions so these are the only ones being reviewed.
    My classmate had an email confirming her new percentage, apparently they will inform everyone by Wednesday next week if their marks have changed.
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    @CharlotteSylvia omg!! I'm so freaked out that I can't even remember the exam now! Does she remember what questions were about idle time? Omg!
  • CharlotteSylvia
    Options
    @NatalieSarantos As far as she is aware she can't remember having a question that included idle time! Neither can I though!
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    @CharlotteSylvia I can't remember anything right now! Has anyone else had their % changed?
  • CharlotteSylvia
    Options
    @NatalieSarantos Nobody else in my class has had an email :(
    I'm feeling a bit gutted though knowing her % has only increased by 2
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    @CharlotteS maybe other exams had more sections relating to idle time or maybe that's just the excuse they're giving. When did she get her email?
  • CharlotteSylvia
    Options
    @NatalieSarantos she received it about 8pm this evening
  • SueFW
    Options
    This is not looking good looks like a retake for me :'(
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    @CharlotteSylvia @SueFW let's wait and see what they say! Wow 8pm, that's super late. Means they're working overtime! Refreshing my email like a madwoman! One last question, has her grade been updated on the aat website?
Privacy Policy