Management Accounting: Decision and Control (AQ2016) Exam

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• marialucas
    marialucas Registered Posts: 49
    Options
    Is there many people waiting for the Synoptic results in a couple of weeks?
  • kerrydenman
    kerrydenman Registered Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, does anyone know if there's an email address to use to contact AAT about this exam? Looking on the website and it's not easy to find anything.
  • SueFW
    SueFW Registered Posts: 84
    Options
    @marialucas I am waiting for level 4 synoptic results, my final one
  • marialucas
    Options
    customersupport@aat.org.uk. That's the one i sent my complaint to and they answered within 15 days
  • fclarke
    fclarke Registered Posts: 12
    Options
    I have received my result today from the exam I sat in June. Not yet competent 61%. I am not surprised by this result at all because the exam was just ridiculously hard. I am completely gutted and I honestly don't know how I will be able to prepare myself any better for a resit. The other exams I have taken (Financial Statements & Budgeting) I passed with 96% and 80%! I can't understand why AAT are making this exam so un achievable.
  • AlisonSwanson
    AlisonSwanson Registered, Tutor Posts: 209
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The AAT have said they will be publishing Examiner Reports 2017 on MDCL and the Level 4 Synoptic on 31st August, a month before the other units. Maybe that might help us all prepare for re-sits.
  • marialucas
    Options

The AAT have said they will be publishing Examiner Reports 2017 on MDCL and the Level 4 Synoptic on 31st August, a month before the other units. Maybe that might help us all prepare for re-sits.

Hi Alison, Where have you seen this?
  • Jules18
    Jules18 Registered, Tutor Posts: 102 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    It was in today's AAT Summing Up

'Examiner reports are coming...
    Assessment performance feedback reports will be presented this year as 'Examiner reports 2017'.

In response to requests from you, we'll be publishing two Examiner reports on 31 August 2017 – one for the Professional Diploma Synoptic assessment (PDSY) and one for the Management Accounting: Decision and Control (MDCL).

We'll be publishing all other Examiner reports by the end of September, along with the latest success rates for assessments that have had 500 or more entries.

Please note that the success rates for all assessments will be published after all Examiner reports have been published.'

Therefore it looks like success rates will not be published until early October.

• marialucas
    Options
    Jules18 said:

It was in today's AAT Summing Up

'Examiner reports are coming...
    Assessment performance feedback reports will be presented this year as 'Examiner reports 2017'.

In response to requests from you, we'll be publishing two Examiner reports on 31 August 2017 – one for the Professional Diploma Synoptic assessment (PDSY) and one for the Management Accounting: Decision and Control (MDCL).

We'll be publishing all other Examiner reports by the end of September, along with the latest success rates for assessments that have had 500 or more entries.

Please note that the success rates for all assessments will be published after all Examiner reports have been published.'

Therefore it looks like success rates will not be published until early October.

Thank you Jules, I wonder what the results are as in my class only 8 people passed out around 29.
  • fclarke
    Options
    It will be interesting to see what those reports say. I used Osborne books when I was studying and also the material on AAT study support. Can anyone recommend additional material I can use to tackle this exam?!
  • NatalieSarantos
    NatalieSarantos Registered Posts: 150
    Options
    I used Osborne, BPP, online resources AND Kaplan. Got 67% and passed with the 10% increase so really no. Some people have used ACCA materials....
  • mergen
    mergen Registered Posts: 112 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    @fclarke the only thing you can do is pray to the god Minerva. The Greco-Roman god of light, knowledge, intellect, and the sun. Hopefully she will smile upon us all :)

not serious....
  • NatalieSarantos
    NatalieSarantos Registered Posts: 150
    Options
    @mergen worth a try lol
  • tinkerbell0406
    tinkerbell0406 Registered Posts: 58
    Options
    We'll I don't think I'm stupid passed everything else but have not yet comp twice for mdcl and used bpp, kaplan, and Osborne. Second time i went into exam well prepared and the questions were so random. I knew i had not passed again. Synoptic failed 65% appealed and got future info as i di not have a clue where i went wrong....thought I'd passed easy!!! I just don't know where to pick up from this now.
  • JWSM
    JWSM Registered Posts: 5
    Options
    I used Osborne for all of the units, after failing MDCL I purchased the module from first intuition. Failed second time but passed (just) third time. Fairly reasonable price too and a lot of resource provided
  • Yalda20
    Yalda20 Registered Posts: 77
    Options
    @JWSM - Hi there,
    Can I please ask which publisher,s books you bought from First Inituituon?
    Also, if I would like to buy ACCA resources where can I get these?
    Thank you so much
  • JWSM
    JWSM Registered Posts: 5
    Options
    @Yalda20 hi, it's not books you buy from there but a pack that they put together. Not sure if they do ACCA resources but would be worth asking them. They're really helpful.
  • Yalda20
    Yalda20 Registered Posts: 77
    Options
    @JWSM - perfect, thank you so much.
  • Purple_pain
    Purple_pain Registered Posts: 15
    Options
    Resat this module yesterday after spending weeks perfecting the green light tests and sample assessments only to find that the exam was nothing like either of them again. AAT seem determined to have a disastrous pass rate this year. Was happy with Levels 2 and 3 really wish I'd taken Level 4 straight after to complete on the 2013 standards as the 2016 standards are a total joke. I will not be recommending AAT to anyone!!!! :'(
  • fclarke
    Options
    Purple_pain I completely understand how you feel. I have contacted AAT about this but they were not interested!
  • hignog01
    hignog01 Registered Posts: 1
    edited September 2017
    Options
    > @AlisonSwanson said:
    > The AAT have said they will be publishing Examiner Reports 2017 on MDCL and the Level 4 Synoptic on 31st August, a month before the other units. Maybe that might help us all prepare for re-sits.

Where can I find this on the aat website?

I have my MDCL exam Thursday and this thread has me petrified about it!
  • badger636
    badger636 Registered Posts: 12
    Options
    Just interested to know if anyone has taken the MDCL exam recently? I took it today, and I already know I've failed, some of the questions just confused me and was nothing like what I had been learning, I was learning with First Intuition. I'm going to wait for my result anyway, but when I heard I've failed I'm going to argue it, I've passed all my exams so far, getting 80/90%'s, just feel so disappointed! How is this still happening a year later!
  • mergen
    Options
    @badger636 I have taken it about 5 weeks ago (2nd attempt). I literally felt like punching the screen and walking out. You would think it should be easier sitting it for the second time, but oh NO it was actually much harder.
    First time I got 68%.
  • badger636
    Options
    @mergen unbelievable isn't it, I thought the ones on the AAT website seemed a bit more challenging compared to what I had been using from my training provider, but the real exam was so much harder than that. the questions were just worded in such a bad way, I was literally guessing half the questions! Hopefully you should find out in the next week then I guess? Fingers crossed for you!
  • mergen
    Options
    Exactly, I was sat there and thinking am I reading this in English or what?
    Thank you but I know I have failed it.
  • tomgray08
    tomgray08 Registered Posts: 5
    Options
    i am sitting this exam next week, reading these comments it does not sound good at all. Any tips from people who have sat it as to what kind of things come up?
  • badger636
    Options
    @tomgray08 I would just say look at the ones on the AAT website, I'm not saying it will be the same as them as mine wasn't at all, but the questions on there were a lot harder than the ones I was given in my study pack from First Intuition. Still waiting for my result. Best of luck though
  • thefuture
    thefuture Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi, I have just started studying this module and have been keeping a very close eye on the forum for information relating to this exam. Can someone explain in what way the exam does not relate to the mocks? Is there any terminology in the questions that is not covered by study manuals/AAT study support or is it just the formatting of the exam is different to the mocks, meaning extra time is needed to decipher the content before calculation?
Privacy Policy