Your one stop thread for all things off topic (aka "Study Buddy II")

Comments

• messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    que?
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    que?

wot u on about, girl...lol
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    wot u on about, girl...lol

ah. U never heard of the lion man craig busch? Zion wildlife gardens new zealand?
  • farmergiles
    Nope, is that another soap? nearest I get to soaps is recording them for the boss to watch.
  • JayneHogan
    JayneHogan Registered Posts: 697 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Well my favourite is Eastenders but it is not going to be the same without Barbara Windsor. I also like Lacey Turner and Charlie Clements although he is leaving. June Brown is also fantastic.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    sorry only corri and nothing else !!!! no other soaps should be on telly especially that death and destruction on the mind called enders !!
  • JayneHogan
    No. you are wrong. Death and destruction is The Bill, not Eastenders. Eastenders looks like a panto in comparison. "He's right behind you...."
  • mark130273
    No. you are wrong. Death and destruction is The Bill, not Eastenders. Eastenders looks like a panto in comparison. "He's right behind you...."

dont watch the bill either !!
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Doctor Who was good tonight though and they're re-running the wonderful Black Books on More4. That's all the telly I watched today.
  • mark130273
    CJC wrote: ยป
    Doctor Who was good tonight though and they're re-running the wonderful Black Books on More4. That's all the telly I watched today.

doctor who was well good.......but thought they could of brought the new one in a bit longer,so we could get a good first look at him !!wonder if they are goign to give him an assistant ?

Gavin and stacey was rubbish...thought it was meant to be a comedy ?
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    doctor who was well good.......but thought they could of brought the new one in a bit longer,so we could get a good first look at him !!wonder if they are goign to give him an assistant ?

Gavin and stacey was rubbish...thought it was meant to be a comedy ?

I liked Doctor Who, but did he need to take so long to die? I mean, the whole year has been leading up to it, but the long sequence where he almost says goodbye to Martha, Mickey and everyone.

He will have a new companion, played by Karen Gillan. See http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho for previews of the new series. Karen Gillan is the redhead with the long legs. Matt Smith (the Doctor) is only my age, and also went to University of East Anglia (though his course is even more of a joke than mine).

I've never 'got' Gavin and Stacy: I watched the first couple of episodes when it was on a while back (the first series was repeated just before the second was broadcast). Didn't like it, or Horne and Corden's sketch show, whatever that was called.

Did anyone else like Day of the Triffids? I have read the novel, but it was such a long time ago I don't really remember how close the adaptation was.
  • mark130273
    I liked Doctor Who, but did he need to take so long to die? I mean, the whole year has been leading up to it, but the long sequence where he almost says goodbye to Martha, Mickey and everyone.

He will have a new companion, played by Karen Gillan. See http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho for previews of the new series. Karen Gillan is the redhead with the long legs. Matt Smith (the Doctor) is only my age, and also went to University of East Anglia (though his course is even more of a joke than mine).

I've never 'got' Gavin and Stacy: I watched the first couple of episodes when it was on a while back (the first series was repeated just before the second was broadcast). Didn't like it, or Horne and Corden's sketch show, whatever that was called.

Did anyone else like Day of the Triffids? I have read the novel, but it was such a long time ago I don't really remember how close the adaptation was.

horden sketch show was so badly written i cant believe it actually got aired ....was not funny at all......even the royal family this year was not as funny as previous years !! all together christmas tv has been utter s**t !!
  • JayneHogan
    There were some good films on like The Italian Job starring Michael Caine and White Christmas. A lot of the television shown during the day was aimed at children but watchable.
  • mark130273
    There were some good films on like The Italian Job starring Michael Caine and White Christmas. A lot of the television shown during the day was aimed at children but watchable.

a large percentage of films were either films that are classics and ive seen about a million times or animated !!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    a large percentage of films were either films that are classics and ive seen about a million times or animated !!

Bet you loved the animated ones!

I'm actually looking forward to Tuesday, can't wait to get back to work lol!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    i have to drive my eldest back to dover tomorrow, not looking good with all the white stuff around.

oh well, only 557 kilometres each way :(
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜

Yes, but I thought it was a bit slow, especially the first part. I re-read the book recently- they added the bit about his mother & father and "speaking triffids" and the poison on the mask/eyes to get past them - but otherwise kept to the main points of the book. The book was over a longer period of time - the "family" (only 1 girl though not 2) set up a compound together and were there for several years if I remember correctly, but eventually joined others on the Isle of Wight. I saw a film years ago where they had the triffids destroyed by sea water.
    I think John Wyndham was the first sci fi book I read. Have you read The Craken Awakes?
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    AK002 wrote: ยป
    I'm actually looking forward to Tuesday, can't wait to get back to work lol!

Apart from you lazy jock barstewards, the rest of us are going back to work today...
  • AK002
    Apart from you lazy jock barstewards, the rest of us are going back to work today...

Haha!

What a shame ;)!
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    What's the bank holiday for AK?
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Jan wrote: ยป
    Yes, but I thought it was a bit slow, especially the first part. I re-read the book recently- they added the bit about his mother & father and "speaking triffids" and the poison on the mask/eyes to get past them - but otherwise kept to the main points of the book. The book was over a longer period of time - the "family" (only 1 girl though not 2) set up a compound together and were there for several years if I remember correctly, but eventually joined others on the Isle of Wight. I saw a film years ago where they had the triffids destroyed by sea water.
    I think John Wyndham was the first sci fi book I read. Have you read The Craken Awakes?

I haven't read the Craken Awakes but I do remember reading Chocky (also by John Wyndham) when I was at the start of high school. I remember liking it but not much about it.

I think the first sci-fi book I read was probably either something from Stephen King or Robert Swindells' Brother in the Land. I also liked Robert Swindell's Room 13, involving an attempt to take out a vampire with sharpened sticks of rock (as in sweets. It made sense at the time, honest) I do remember reading The Hobbit and attempting the Lord of the Rings before that.
  • AK002
    jilt wrote: ยป
    What's the bank holiday for AK?

Not sure lol...
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Must be giro day for the entire Scottish population...
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Apparently it's in lieu of 2nd January which is the last day of Hogmanay. Thought you were Scottish ...lol
  • JayneHogan
    I wish I had work tomorrow. I have got a job interview instead. It is freezing in London!!!
  • AK002
    jilt wrote: ยป
    Apparently it's in lieu of 2nd January which is the last day of Hogmanay. Thought you were Scottish ...lol

Only part time lol!
  • mark130273
    AK002 wrote: ยป
    Only part time lol!

ya bloody skivver !!! get back to work .....

lol
  • AK002
    ya bloody skivver !!! get back to work .....

lol

Back today scouser don't you worry!
  • farmergiles
    I don't think many people in South Yorkshire will be braving the elements to go to work today. We have had heavy snow since at least 6 this morning. College is closed and most schools are closed!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    MORNING

Well managed to get what seems the only bus into work runing in the whole of the northwest, hope you all had a fab christmas and new year
Privacy Policy