Your one stop thread for all things off topic (aka "Study Buddy II")

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    can i go home now?
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    can i go home now?
    Yes!

2 more hours to go for me... I can't wait!
  • A-Vic
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    Yes!

2 more hours to go for me... I can't wait!

am finishing at 3.30 taking hour back from weekend had nuff today
  • Rinske
    I'm almost getting jealous now! :)

O well, less then 1 1/2 hour to go for me, so I shouldn't really complain!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    howdy all ..havent been on here in a while ....hope everyone is ok and not c**king in their pants for the results !!!
  • JayneHogan
    JayneHogan Registered Posts: 697 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Chilling out and watching Holby City.

Have just been enjoying marguerita pizza and hovis biscuits. :-)
  • A-Vic
    ello mark thought it was quite without gobby lol, studying as ever currently trying to get my head around basis periods lord help
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    howdy all ..havent been on here in a while ....hope everyone is ok and not c**king in their pants for the results !!!

What exam results ;)?
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Just typical ...

It's so rare to have any worthwhile stand-up comedy (or anything interesting culturally) going on down here and what happens? Stewart Lee plays Truro and Brendan Burns is on in Newquay, both on 19th Feb. Grrrr.
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Its snowing!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    where?
  • A-Vic
    it is here too only a bit tho
  • messedup89
    where?

Bolton :)

Its heavy and fluffy looking!
  • Rinske
    Nothing here, as usual, but at least it's not raining at the moment :)
  • messedup89
    its like a mini blizzard and its starting to stick!
  • A-Vic
    bolton :)

its heavy and fluffy looking!

ROCHdale and never looks fluffy here lol
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    well we have had snow on the ground since the 13th december, today the sun was shining, but only enough to melt some of the snow ready for the -9 we are expecting tonight. The joys of a big ice rink in the morning where the loonies try and drive like normal :)
  • A-Vic
    hey tracy guess what got a brand spanking new all singing all dancing printer today but no ink :lol:
  • Rinske
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    hey tracy guess what got a brand spanking new all singing all dancing printer today but no ink :lol:
    Haha, nice that you got a new printer tho!
  • A-Vic
    o nooooo its sticking
  • A-Vic
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    Haha, nice that you got a new printer tho!

look its all pretty and everything

http://www.pocket-lint.com/epson+stylus+office+bx610fw
  • taskey
    very swish, is it working now and did you throw the other one off the desk accidently on purpose

Tracy
  • A-Vic
    taskey wrote: ยป
    very swish, is it working now and did you throw the other one off the desk accidently on purpose

Tracy

no but am convienced the girl i work with did to get out of work it was working saturday and sunday perfectly come in tuesday and its broke hmmmmm
  • taskey
    morning all

i have woke up in the foulest of moods today and i dont know why. my hubby even left for work early this morning :(

oh well nearly the weekend
  • A-Vic
    morning all

i have woke up in the foulest of moods today and i dont know why. my hubby even left for work early this morning

oh well nearly the weekend

Hides :lol:
  • Rinske
    Poor you!

Have some chocolate, hot chocolate milk, a good cup of morning dew coffee and cuddle up against your own cuddly teddybear.

It helps...

Anyways, if you are at work and all the above is not possible, try listening to some cheery music to cheer you up or have a go at a colleague who has been annoying you for the passed 3 years and deserves it, so that everyone knows not to mess with you today!
  • taskey
    unfortunatley i have p1ssed off my cuddly teddy bear, and i think the fact that my office door is shut is a big warning to all who dare enter, as i never shut my door.

i have a huge headache which is the problem i think, not enough sleep.

I might go home early and go back to bed for a couple of hours :)
  • Rinske
    unfortunatley i have p1ssed off my cuddly teddy bear, and i think the fact that my office door is shut is a big warning to all who dare enter, as i never shut my door.

i have a huge headache which is the problem i think, not enough sleep.

I might go home early and go back to bed for a couple of hours :)
    That does sound like a good idea to me!

Does your work allow you to do that? My work thinks asking for a day off 2 days in advance is too short notice already, let alone asking it on the day itself.
  • taskey
    as long as my work is done, my boss is really good.
  • Rinske
    That's really nice. I like the flexibility of it! Wish my boss was a bit more flexible like that...

I am trying to plan my CMCC skilltest at work... So far no luck: My manager said she would prefer if I could not do it in the time a colleague has to give training that would be great. Oke fine, I can understand that.

Ask my colleague if he got a list with training times, so I can plan my skilltest on around it: Well, he got two weeks of training, but has no clue yet about the planning as HR hasn't done it yet. Those are the two weeks I gave as options to my manager for the test of course...

Great ok, let's try again, the week with the 15th is a quiet week, so I could try and plan it on the Monday or Friday, so it won't really matter that much, or I could delay it another week till the 1st of March... I copied in my colleague, as he is not supposed to give training that week...

No reaction...

Long silence....

One week silence....

Have you thought about the time for the test yet?

Reaction: Maybe we should just wait till he gets the planning...

As the training starts on the 15th, it probably means another week waiting, before he gets the planning and when they finally agree, I got to get permission from HR and as it takes a week with buying and booking with my provider anyways, I might as well plan it on the first of March, as there is no way to get it booked in on the week of the 15th anymore anyways...
    So I made that as a suggestion, but she disagrees. She wants to wait to see his schedule, so we can then decide in booking it.

My main frustration with this is that it's deadly quiet at work anyways in that week and I would be happy if I have work 1/2 of the time I am supposed to work.
    And while my colleague has to do give the refresment training, I can understand that I got to plan it around the sessions, but how am I supposed to plan around these, if he hasn't got it planned yet and in general the training doesn't take more then 1/2 the planned time and sometimes even less. Last time he did the initial training and they planned 3 hours per session and in general he was back within 1 hour.

Anyways, let's hope she quickly agrees to the first of March as I kind of hoped to plan it a lot earlier, but no chance on that anymore...

Sorry for the random rant, it just frustrates me that every question has to take a week to get a reply.
Privacy Policy