Your one stop thread for all things off topic (aka "Study Buddy II")

Comments

• Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    well its a good choice.....I am seriously considering selling my cars and buying a tractor and running it on cooking oil. I dont care if I annoy everyone by blocking the whole road and driving at 24 mph consistently.....travelling in rush hour i dont get much above that anyway in a car!!!

Petrol is costing me a fortune these days and both my cars are petrol engines, so i think it would save me serious money if I bought a Tractor.

Anyone know of any good makes/models???
    Why not just drive one car instead of two?
  • JayneHogan
    JayneHogan Registered Posts: 697 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Or even try public transport? River/ tram/ bus/ tube/ train.....also bike/ walk.
  • JayneHogan
    This thread is dying.................

Who's up for some summer sun?
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    This thread is dying.................

Who's up for some summer sun?

we had a lovely day here yesterday, but today - piddling it down :(

tracy
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Lovely day here today, going to have to do some gardening if this keeps up :001_unsure:
  • Rinske
    Lovely day here as well, but I was far too busy to have time to enjoy it. I did decide to go home normal time again today though, instead of staying longer and see if I can get some work done! :)
  • JayneHogan
    Yesterday was blue skies and sun all day in London but Muggins here was at her desk working from 8am till 8pm. Have an afternoon off this afternoon although there is only intermittant sun and grey squashy clouds.

Also the software has crashed................Arrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Breathes) O.K. I feel better now.
  • Rinske
    Glad you feel better now!

I would love to have a serious rant at the new software as well here. It would be so nice if things actually worked as promised after 18 months of testing!

That was supposed to go automatic, worked in test, doesn't work in the actual version.
    This was supposed to work, worked in test, doesn't work in the actual version....

I AM SO FED UP WITH IT, I want to go home! But instead I got to sit here for another 2 1/2 hour to try and get as much as possible done in a system where half of the stuff doesn't work!

This new system was supposed to make our lifes easier, but so far all I am doing is trying to find stupid work arounds to stuff that worked in the test version... But yes, the actual version is a complete copy of the test version, with exception of all the test data.

Rant over, sorry!

Hope I feel better soon too!

Are we going home yet and if you got the afternoon off, why are you still at work?
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I've not posted in here for a while lol Robert must be catching my post count up by now lol..
  • *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    so how many posts to go is it until it beats the old one? seems to be getting pretty big already.
  • JayneHogan
    Hi Rinske,

I worked until 2pm and then left to enjoy my afternoon off and sort something out at college.

I have a tree outside my bedroom window that has lovely blossoms on it as I am looking at it.

I just love spring.
  • Rinske
    Ooh that sounds like a lovely afternoon!

I love the spring as well. It's just nice to see the flowers come up again. I have made today a me-day and I am enjoying it a lot, I read the Flow (a Dutch magazine my parents brought over) from start to end, had a long relaxing shower, spent some time sewing on a skirt, had a lovely lunch and am now enjoying some relaxing time behind the PC!

I have decided not to worry about the new software anymore, as I can't change it anyways, but I am not sure how long it will last. It's just that I don't see the use of worrying over something I can't change... (Just hard to put into practice now and then)
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I spent a few hours gardening yesterday and am so stiff (no NOT that way you dirty minded lot, it's my back) this morning that I can barely get out of bed. Funny how I can happily put myself through it in the gym several times a week with no ill effects but a bit of gardening does this to me. Still tons to do, pruning, weeding, digging plots for veg etc. I might have to just stump up the cash and get someone in to do the hard stuff :sad:

And my washing machine died in the middle of a wash yesterday. It was pretty old and was about time I got a new one anyway I suppose. Annoying all the same though.

Still the daffs are looking nice and the purple spouting broccoli is just about ready to harvest so it's not all doom and gloom.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    CJC wrote: ยป
    I spent a few hours gardening yesterday and am so stiff (no NOT that way you dirty minded lot, it's my back) this morning that I can barely get out of bed. Funny how I can happily put myself through it in the gym several times a week with no ill effects but a bit of gardening does this to me. Still tons to do, pruning, weeding, digging plots for veg etc. I might have to just stump up the cash and get someone in to do the hard stuff

And my washing machine died in the middle of a wash yesterday. It was pretty old and was about time I got a new one anyway I suppose. Annoying all the same though.

Still the daffs are looking nice and the purple spouting broccoli is just about ready to harvest so it's not all doom and gloom.

I'm glad the daffs look nice - just a shame you haven't got a clean pair of pants to wear whilst admiring them; mind you likely as not you couldn't lift your leg up high enough to put them on with your bad back anyway!!!! :lol:
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • JayneHogan
    The garden in Nowheresville must be looking nice then!
  • Rinske
    The garden in Nowheresville must be looking nice then!
    Sounds like it indeed!

Maybe we should all move there to have a look? We could visit CJC, look at his dirty trousers and watch him struggle while providing us all with drinks.
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Morning all! What happened to the sunshine? At least it was the right wy round for a change, a nice weekend and than dull again when back at work.
  • Rinske
    Morning, I think I stole the sunshine, because it's still nice and sunny outside, shame I sit inside and it's cold in the office... Or at least, I am feeling cold and I don't like it...

I just went outside for 5 minutes and it was lovely! (Needed to pick something up from headoffice, always nice if the sun is out)
  • JayneHogan
    At least the evenings are lighter thank goodness.
  • taskey
    I love the light evenings, i went shopping last night and it was still light when i had finished. the sun was bright red so i can imagine we have a glorious day ahead of us :)

Tracy
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Tracy

I notice that you've only got 25 posts to go for your 1,000! Will you do it today?????

Blobbyh has just reached 1,600 this morning btw.

Good morning all!

Anna
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • taskey
    i could try, but it has taken me so long to get to this point so i might string it out a little bit longer lol

Tracy
  • Rinske
    Ooh good morning!

Lot's of small post number celebrations today then! And by small, I mean the celebrations and not the post numbers!
  • Rinske
    I just received an email today that I passed auditing after I did the additional questions! One down, two to go!

I'm so happy now!
  • jilt
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    I just received an email today that I passed auditing after I did the additional questions! One down, two to go!

I'm so happy now!

Hey well done Rinske :thumbup1:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Well done rinske :)

Afternoon all
  • jilt
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Well done rinske :)

Afternoon all

What time do you call this?!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    jilt wrote: ยป
    What time do you call this?!

boss gone for the day time lol

Nar really busy at the mo tut dont come here to work but i have too :(
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Afternoon all, stranger here.
    I'm actually off sick today. Been overdoing it and the old ticker is giving out subtle little warnings(like angina pains and palpitations)
  • Rinske
    Oh noes! You got to be careful with yourself FG!

Do you need assistance, maybe offer someone a job to help you out with your work, so you can take it a bit slower! :)
Privacy Policy