Your one stop thread for all things off topic (aka "Study Buddy II")

Comments

• JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    jilt wrote: »
    Thanks for you post JaffasGirl, fortunately it's now sorted, after numerous telephone calls and emails right up until 6.30 last night the keys are waiting for us at the local deli, just hope they're the correct ones! lol

Yay :D
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    So no strangling Lee anymore?
  • LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Rinske wrote: »

Dont sound so disappointed darling lol
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️

Wasn't gonna strangle Lee, he makes me laugh too much, even if is his humour is often at my own expense!
  • Rinske
    Well, you know, you are so good in making fun of us (with us) that it's nice to see someone doing something back for you! :001_tt2:
  • LeeS2009
    Well, you know, you are so good in making fun of us (with us) that it's nice to see someone doing something back for you! :001_tt2:

The girls always give as good as they get.......
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️

is it wrong that i had to read that 3 times all i kept seeing was no straddling lee lol
  • jilt
    A-Vic wrote: »
    is it wrong that i had to read that 3 times all i kept seeing was no straddling lee lol

:ohmy:

Well that's the phoneline in and broadband activated, just waiting for the router!
  • Rinske
    :ohmy:

Well that's the phoneline in and broadband activated, just waiting for the router!
    So how is the new office and for how long time will you be working in there now?
  • A-Vic

wooohooo about bloody time has my desk arrived yet? :wink:
  • jilt
    So how is the new office and for how long time will you be working in there now?

Well hubby will be in it full time but I'll only be there 2 days a wek to start.
    A-Vic wrote: »
    wooohooo about bloody time has my desk arrived yet? :wink:

No not yet, will be moving ours in tomorrow evening but I'm going to commission a special one for you A-Vic
  • A-Vic
    Well hubby will be in it full time but I'll only be there 2 days a wek to start.

No not yet, will be moving ours in tomorrow evening but I'm going to commission a special one for you A-Vic

ok can you commission a leather comp chair too please i have a bad back lol

P.S dont forget need ya addy for that very scary office pressy :sneaky2:
  • Rinske
    Happy bunny

I'm a happy bunny now, I just heard I passed unit 15 (I had to do 3 additional questions and passed those now)!

So celebrations are in order now! Just haven't decided how I am going to celebrate yet.

Hopefully more good news will follow soon on auditing, but am not so sure about that.
  • A-Vic
    I'm a happy bunny now, I just heard I passed unit 15 (I had to do 3 additional questions and passed those now)!

So celebrations are in order now! Just haven't decided how I am going to celebrate yet.

Hopefully more good news will follow soon on auditing, but am not so sure about that.

well done you :thumbup:
  • jilt

Hey well done Rinske, good luck with the auditing
  • LeeS2009

Well done Ringo!!............see i think you could be pretty smart if you kept your mouth shut long enough. :wink:
  • Rinske
    LeeS2009 wrote: »
    Well done Ringo!!............see i think you could be pretty smart if you kept your mouth shut long enough. :wink:
    Me smart? No wai! That would be way too boring!

But thanks all! So happy now, finishing is one step closer again.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    well done, as you have said, one step closer
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘

WELL DONE

I am not liking this unit at all :( i'll be glad when it is over
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Rinske

Congrats.

ANOTHER ONE, ANOTHER ONE, ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!!!!!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Rinske
    We went live with our new system today!

So far we had to go out of it once, to sort out some printing issues and half of the people who are supposed to be able to login can't login yet (including me). My manager brought champagne to celebrate for the team, but it's not for us, but for the business engine team.

I still think the new system would be a very expensive but good April's fool joke! But unfortunately it's for real...
  • Rinske
    Oh yes, and I forgot, I love our new system, for just one simple reason. You are responsible for anything that goes in under your name!

That means no more blaming mistakes on me by my supervisor! :lol:

Love it! Don't care about all the issues we got with it, just that one sentence this morning made my day!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Why do so many companies presume we're stupid and too lazy to check online or shop around?

Just got my AA breakdown cover renewal - £108 - went online and found the same deal available to new joiners for £69. The cover I have is vehicle only for a car I no longer have and when I told the guy I didn't want the cover anymore - and certainly not at that price - he said I could have it at the 'special offer' online price if I kept my direct debit active. Now,

1) How can it be a 'special offer' if it's the same price available to everyone all year round?
    2) Why would I want to renew vehicle cover for a car I no longer own?

Duh! Rip off Britain again.
  • LeeS2009
    blobbyh wrote: »
    Why do so many companies presume we're stupid and too lazy to check online or shop around?

Just got my AA breakdown cover renewal - £108 - went online and found the same deal available to new joiners for £69. The cover I have is vehicle only for a car I no longer have and when I told the guy I didn't want the cover anymore - and certainly not at that price - he said I could have it at the 'special offer' online price if I kept my direct debit active. Now,

1) How can it be a 'special offer' if it's the same price available to everyone all year round?

Duh! Rip off Britain again.

What car do you have Rob?
  • Rinske

1. Because you might fall for a stupid trick and you can't newly join them, as you are already a customer...
    2. Well the only reason I can think of, is that you like to pay them money for nothing. I tried coming up with anything better, but I can't.

So basically for both it boils down to you wanting to give money to charity and considering them a charity...
  • taskey
    in germany we join ADAC which is the same, except even if you dont have a car it still comes with loads of other benefits, and i mean loads. i never have to buy travel insurance as it is all included in the price.

maybe this is what they mean, rather than JUST breakdown cover???

But yes rip off britain it true (although i do secretly miss some of it lol)

Tracy
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    taskey wrote: »
    in germany we join ADAC which is the same, except even if you dont have a car it still comes with loads of other benefits, and i mean loads. i never have to buy travel insurance as it is all included in the price.

maybe this is what they mean, rather than JUST breakdown cover???

But yes rip off britain it true (although i do secretly miss some of it lol)

Tracy

I know what you mean about missing Britain, but I remember coming home from Buckeburg and how much I missed Germany.

Got your message; can't believe BMH Rinteln is a nuthouse now, mind you I always remember it as being a muddle perhaps they just try to lose the inmates! Also I always remember Prince Rupert School having raised barriers - amazed you could drive up around the boarding wing, past where the buses parked. Are they closing it as a school completely? Still have fond memories of my time at school in Rinteln!!! I'm a sad muppet!!!!!

You'll definately need car insurance when you come home, I was always pulling out onto the wrong side of the road, it took ages to break that habit.
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • taskey
    well i have just ordered my new car and going from a mini to a mitsubishi warrior - yee ha cant wait. i now just have to arrange flights for me to com over and collect it (oh and fill the mahoosive boot up with goodies from tescos)

funnily enough the insurance is the same for the mini as it is for the warrior mmmmmm how they justify that???

Tracy
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    LeeS2009 wrote: »
    What car do you have Rob?

None at the moment, I'm just content catching the train to and from work and slumming it on public transport everywhere else! I sorta intend getting another soon but I'm actually enjoying not getting constantly stuck in the rush hour traffic!

(...and nope I'm not banned, I'm just not driving by choice!)
  • LeeS2009
    None at the moment, I'm just content catching the train to and from work and slumming it on public transport everywhere else! I sorta intend getting another soon but I'm actually enjoying not getting constantly stuck in the rush hour traffic!

(...and nope I'm not banned, I'm just not driving by choice!)

well its a good choice.....I am seriously considering selling my cars and buying a tractor and running it on cooking oil. I dont care if I annoy everyone by blocking the whole road and driving at 24 mph consistently.....travelling in rush hour i dont get much above that anyway in a car!!!

Petrol is costing me a fortune these days and both my cars are petrol engines, so i think it would save me serious money if I bought a Tractor.

Anyone know of any good makes/models???
Privacy Policy