Your one stop thread for all things off topic (aka "Study Buddy II")

Comments

• farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    Oh noes! You got to be careful with yourself FG!

Do you need assistance, maybe offer someone a job to help you out with your work, so you can take it a bit slower! :)

That's not really the problem, Rinske.
    My problem is that I run a small practice at home plus I work 50 miles away in Lincoln and travel daily, plus I do 2 half days a month at a Dentist practice....and I'm Chair of my local Parish council. I need to cut out the travelling every day but until I can find more work locally, I can't afford to!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    oh FG, please take the time to recover properly and take it as a warning to slow things down a little

tracy
  • farmergiles
    Thanks everyone for your sympathy, I am trying to slow down, honestly!
    I have just applied for a local part time job, not as much money as the Lincoln job but it does save over ยฃ50 a week in fuel. and, as they say, from little acorns etc etc!
  • taskey
    and just think of the time travelling will be saved too

fingers crossed
  • farmergiles
    I could even have a lie-in...lol
    At present I am up at 5.45 and leave the house at 7 to get to work for 8.30!
    I get back home around 6.15- 6.30 then work/study or go to Parish Council meetings(I was at one last night).
    I take every other Thursday off.....to work at a dentist practice doing accounts and payroll.
    And then I read in the papers about some lazy sod who packed in work to help his wife breed more kids and gets over ยฃ800 a week in benefits....it makes my blood boil!!!!!!!
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Sorry to hear you're not at your best. You really must listen to your body. I know how worrying lack of money can be but really nothing in comparison to health problems. Enjoy a little rest :-) (Also agree with you about scroungers but blood boiling isn't good for you!!)
  • farmergiles
    Just filled my car up and done some basic maths. It now costs a quarter of my gross pay per day to travel to & from work. Which,when you look at my salary, the lowest pay band in the NHS, makes you wonder whether it is still worth it!!!
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Just filled my car up and done some basic maths. It now costs a quarter of my gross pay per day to travel to & from work. Which,when you look at my salary, the lowest pay band in the NHS, makes you wonder whether it is still worth it!!!
    Probably not...
    Maybe it's nice to put all expenses against income and see if you can cut out enough to also cut out that job?
    Then when you do find a local job, you can happily find out you got some extra money in your pocket!
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Morning all.

I am so p****d off with HMRC's so called help lines. Every single I time I call I get 'the service will be available soon' or 'we're very busy you may like to call back later, goodbye'. :cursing: This morning it's the VAT line's turn. It's no wonder I can't get a job finished!!

Thank you, that's my rant for today.
  • farmergiles
    Bad day then, Jill????
  • farmergiles
    On a positive note after yesterdays posts, I am pleased to inform you all that I have an interview next wednesday for the part time position I applied for in Sheffield. Fingers crossed everyone...lol
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    On a positive note after yesterdays posts, I am pleased to inform you all that I have an interview next wednesday for the part time position I applied for in Sheffield. Fingers crossed everyone...lol

Hello all xxx

Sorry to hear you are not too good FG.......hope you feel better today and congrates on your interview...xx

Jill...hope your day is better xx

Must be the time of year....some one crashed into the back of my car whilst I was stationery at a really busy roundabout yesterday...spent 5 hours in A & E and my poor little car is going to be written off................but the sun is shinning xxxxxxxx
  • Rinske
    Congrats FG! Glad you got the interview, I hope it turns out to be as nice a job as you want it and you get it!

Sorry to hear about you and the car Dianne, hopefully you are ok and you can get a nice deal on a new car soon!

I'm enjoying my short days (normal hours) and the sunshine at the moment!
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    Probably not...
    Maybe it's nice to put all expenses against income and see if you can cut out enough to also cut out that job?
    Then when you do find a local job, you can happily find out you got some extra money in your pocket!

Lol, its not just me then Jilt, they are rubbish arent they. Ive not done the VAT bit yet as its not due but if its anything like PAYE Im in for some fun!
  • jilt
    Hi all, no not a bad day, had my rant and just got on with other things. have tried to get through a couple more times but no joy as yet. I'm trying to figure something else out at the moment and mithering our good friend monsoon!
  • JayneHogan
    JayneHogan Registered Posts: 697 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Trying to plan a budget.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Thank crunchie its friday have an appointment at 5.30 then the weekend begins :) i am determined to do 1000 words over the weekend and be ready to map Unit 10, and learn MAC

Whats your plans this weekend you lot?
  • slackda
    slackda Registered Posts: 460 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Two Pracitce course Exams, Move my parents into new house and actaully spend some time with the better half........might have to learn how to juggle this afternoon......
  • jilt
    Coming into the office tomorrow, (wonder if my new toy will have arrived?) shopping for mum Sunday and then cleaning probably with a bit of MAC thrown in!
  • Rinske
    Do a few updates on unit 10, map the thing and email it to my tutor as a second draft. Do another chapter on unit 11, all the ratios and such is next, so should be fun....

Do another short test to submit to my tutor and then hopefully enjoy the nice weather... :)

Also need to find time to do the cleaning again this weekend, as I have been slacking during the week! And if I got spare time, so me-time is planned again!

Anyone has more (fun) weekend plans?
  • kerryhill100
    kerryhill100 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    well its a good choice.....I am seriously considering selling my cars and buying a tractor and running it on cooking oil. I dont care if I annoy everyone by blocking the whole road and driving at 24 mph consistently.....travelling in rush hour i dont get much above that anyway in a car!!!

Petrol is costing me a fortune these days and both my cars are petrol engines, so i think it would save me serious money if I bought a Tractor.

Anyone know of any good makes/models???

Sorry going back a bit but it's possible to run a diesel car on cooking oil.....

We do!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Sorry going back a bit but it's possible to run a diesel car on cooking oil.....

We do!

so thats what your doing this weekend then :lol:
  • taskey
    yay, good news our new car is delivered on the 5th may cant wait, i am sick of not having a car now, managed so far, but now had enough.

i am about to go on the treadmill and run/walk as i am on a new training plan, it plans that i will run a 5k (in a oner)after 9 weeks, i am on week 2 and it feels dooable.

i am doing past papers, past papers oh and some past papers this weekend, my ptc book has not turned up yet, so cant start that yet :( but DFS all the way baby !!!

Tracy
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    taskey wrote: ยป
    yay, good news our new car is delivered on the 5th may cant wait, i am sick of not having a car now, managed so far, but now had enough.

i am about to go on the treadmill and run/walk as i am on a new training plan, it plans that i will run a 5k (in a oner)after 9 weeks, i am on week 2 and it feels dooable.

i am doing past papers, past papers oh and some past papers this weekend, my ptc book has not turned up yet, so cant start that yet :( but DFS all the way baby !!!

Tracy

I'm doing something like this, an app on my iPhone, 'Couch to 5k' i'm in my third week and i'm running/walking nearly 4k, so certainly feels doable in 9 weeks. i'm also looking forward to not feeling like a lump running on the treadmill with the skinny person next to me running ten miles and seemingly not breaking a sweat.....not that i'm jealous or anything.....
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    i'm also looking forward to not feeling like a lump running on the treadmill with the skinny person next to me running ten miles and seemingly not breaking a sweat.....not that i'm jealous or anything.....

I just figure that if the person next to me was carrying as much extra weight as me that they wouldn't be able to run too far or fast either. The people I do get jealous of are the blokes in the pool who swim fast with no technique but get by on strength and fitness alone because I'm a pretty decent swimmer and know if I had that sort of fitness I'd be up and down the pool like lightning. Still, I'm working on it and hoping for no recurrence of the shoulder problems that that stopped me doing very much for two years during which time I put on nearly three stone :sad:
  • Rinske
    I just ended up walking 2.5 miles home, because the car of my colleague who normally gives me a lift broke down halfway down the road going home. Glad the weather was so good, although he did break down next to the busstop, so we could have just taken the bus home otherwise!
  • taskey
    I'm doing something like this, an app on my iPhone, 'Couch to 5k' i'm in my third week and i'm running/walking nearly 4k, so certainly feels doable in 9 weeks. i'm also looking forward to not feeling like a lump running on the treadmill with the skinny person next to me running ten miles and seemingly not breaking a sweat.....not that i'm jealous or anything.....

doing the same thing, i have just done w2 d2. did 3k's tonight in 27.29 not too bad for a fat lass as they say lol

Tracy
  • farmergiles
    taskey wrote: ยป
    doing the same thing, i have just done w2 d2. did 3k's tonight in 27.29 not too bad for a fat lass as they say lol

Tracy

That's not bad for a fat lass, but how long did it take you??? about 20 mins??
  • farmergiles
    W2 D2??? Is that "walk 2 drive 2"???lol
  • taskey
    W2 D2??? Is that "walk 2 drive 2"???lol

i wish, no week 2 day 2 although i got that wrong, i have just finished week 2 day 3. duh!!

i am extremely unfit and have always wanted to just go out for a run. this hopefully will give me the confidence and ability to do just that
Privacy Policy