Your one stop thread for all things off topic (aka "Study Buddy II")

Comments

• CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I do a (very) small amount of running in the gym but it's something that really takes it's toll on my feet and hips so I can't see myself doing much until I've shifted a goodly amount of weight.
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Yeah
    , I'm about to start week three, although I have been going every other night just so I get into a routine!

I managed to do my three and a half k in about the same time! And yes, feeling not to bad for a fat lass lol

CJC - do you have proper running shoes? If not you might find that it's your shoes, my boyfriend used to work for a running shop so managed to fit me out, as I used to get shin splints and bad knees (perfect excuse not to go I thought) but the new shoes stopped that!
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I'm getting curious now, I don't have an iphone, what does the "programme" exist of?
  • CJC
    JaffasGirl wrote: »
    Yeah
    CJC - do you have proper running shoes? If not you might find that it's your shoes, my boyfriend used to work for a running shop so managed to fit me out, as I used to get shin splints and bad knees (perfect excuse not to go I thought) but the new shoes stopped that!

Yeah I've got some proper shoes. I do think the problem is what I'm wearing around my middle rather than what I've got on my feet though :001_smile:
  • Rinske
    CJC wrote: »
    Yeah I've got some proper shoes. I do think the problem is what I'm wearing around my middle rather than what I've got on my feet though :001_smile:
    In that case, have you tried using a crosstrainer or something similar? Less pressure on your feet and knees, as you won't "land" on your feet after the steps, but just make a circular movement?

I found some info and think I should give the program a try as well. Finding the motivation is the hardest bit though.

Also, has anyone any suggestions for a summer holiday location that is not too expensive? As we're stuck to go in July this year, because of my boyfriend's study. It needs to be an easy holiday, with warm weather, a hotel with swimming pool or a beach very nearby, no car needing, and still the option to go for some activities as well. I looked into the canary islands, but it's all very expensive and I really don't want to end up in between all the drunk people sleeping out their hangover from the night before.

I like an area with not too many tourists, but I find it very hard to find something at the moment.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    i downloaded it off itunes onto my ipod and it basically is music you walk to, it chimes at you and you increase to a "run" although mine is more like a leaning forward shuffle, it then chimes again for you to walk again. each week, it increases the run part slightly. it is only 1/2 an hour out of your life 3 times a week.

my motivation is - i am going to italy in the summer for 2 weeks and you cant wear jeans as it is far too hot, so bikinis all the way

Tracy
  • CJC
    Rinske wrote: »
    In that case, have you tried using a crosstrainer or something similar? Less pressure on your feet and knees, as you won't "land" on your feet after the steps, but just make a circular movement?
    I tend to do a bit of everything - rower, bike, crosstrainer and treadmill - so I don't get too bored. I'm fine with walking and short running intervals it's just longer runs that I'm not up to yet. But you're right that the crosstrainer is a good exercise for me.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Glynis 2

Hmmm have we another?
  • taskey
    you read my mind
  • Rinske
    I'm not convinced I know who you mean yet... :)
  • Rinske
    Oke, just call me stupid! Catched up now... Took a while, but Anniem's post made it all clear...
  • taskey
    lol rinske
  • Rinske
    Sorry it has been a long day...
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    You know it could very well be some innocent woman who's name was already taken (I wasnt allowed Rachel, hence Rachey) so she's just put 2 at the end!!

Then we'd all feel mighty guilty..... haha.

Or it could be a wind up.... more accurately!!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I've no idea what you're on about....
  • taskey
    On a positive note after yesterdays posts, I am pleased to inform you all that I have an interview next wednesday for the part time position I applied for in Sheffield. Fingers crossed everyone...lol

good luck for tomorrow FG, let us know how you get on

Tracy
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    taskey wrote: »
    good luck for tomorrow FG, let us know how you get on

Tracy

Thanks Tracey
    I had a phone call today to ask me to attend another interview next week(Tuesday) as a bookkeeper for one of the areas' Honda agents.
    If I get one of these 2 jobs it means only travelling 7 miles instead of 50 miles each way, each day!
  • taskey
    excellent news

again good luck
  • A-Vic
    Thanks Tracey
    I had a phone call today to ask me to attend another interview next week(Tuesday) as a bookkeeper for one of the areas' Honda agents.
    If I get one of these 2 jobs it means only travelling 7 miles instead of 50 miles each way, each day!

Alll crossed for ya Sir :)
  • farmergiles
    A-Vic wrote: »
    Alll crossed for ya Sir :)

Thanks Vicky, just keep a firm grip on that memory stick, don't want it being mislaid again because you have everything crossed.....lol, mwah!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    100 miles a day?!?

5 days a week?
  • farmergiles
    AK002 wrote: »
    100 miles a day?!?

5 days a week?

That's correct! Costs over £60 a week for a salary of £13,400!!

But it gets experience with the NHS!
  • Rinske
    Good luck FG and let us know how it went!

Although I am probably too late by now!
  • farmergiles
    FG had a very good interview today, up agianst another chap, same age and a younger lass. Interviewed by a very lovely lady who unfortunately can't have had her glasses on and gave the job to the younger lass. Ah well, you can't win them all.
    Lets now look forward to next tuesdays interview for the Honda main agent!
  • Rinske
    Aww sorry to hear that FG. Maybe you should send her some glasses?

Hopefully you have more luck on Tuesday!
  • farmergiles
    Rinske wrote: »
    Aww sorry to hear that FG. Maybe you should send her some glasses?

Hopefully you have more luck on Tuesday!

Thank you, sob, sob.....lol
  • CJC
    I think at almost every interview I've been to there's some well turned-out young lady who looks much more competent and organised than me amongst the candidates!

Anyway,better luck next time FG.
  • A-Vic
    Aww shame FG bet there be an even better job on the horizon :) x

Am dead excited just got my first ever football shirt (i said if home team gets promoted i would) so all set for my first home game just need a the tea cozey and i'll look like a proper fan
  • JayneHogan
    JayneHogan Registered Posts: 697 Epic contributor 🐘
    Snacking on Wasabi peas. Been in the same temp job for nearly four months now and so far going well. Nearly fell asleep at work today after college last night and then alarm clock going off at 5.30am.

Does anybody think that all these politicians are in it for themselves and it is so hard to choose between them.
  • CJC
    A-Vic wrote: »
    Am dead excited just got my first ever football shirt (i said if home team gets promoted i would) so all set for my first home game just need a the tea cozey and i'll look like a proper fan

I suppose there must have been teams other than the Baggies promoted I just never really thought about it. Boing boing.
Privacy Policy