X Factor

Options

Comments

• mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    just shows you on how well she has done afterwards and why she shouldnt of won in the first place ?
  • LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    mark130273 wrote: »
    just shows you on how well she has done afterwards and why she shouldnt of won in the first place ?

hairy muff.....cant argue with that :lol:
  • mark130273
    Options
    LeeS2009 wrote: »
    hairy muff.....cant argue with that :lol:

careful........you have dianne moaning...."i dont like that word"...."thats horrible"......."i dont like using that"......"it shouldnt be on here"........

***t

:laugh::laugh:
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    careful........you have dianne moaning...."i dont like that word"...."thats horrible"......."i dont like using that"......"it shouldnt be on here"........

***t

:laugh::laugh:

fair enough hairy muff :lol::lol:
  • mark130273
    Options
    fair enough hairy muff :lol::lol:

:lol:c:lol:*:lol:*:lol:*:lol:
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    :lol:c:lol:*:lol:*:lol:*:lol:

Sorry Mark.....if you feel that I should not be offended by certain childish words that some so called men feel they have to use to describe situations and that they can not find appropriate words in the dictionary to use.....are you saying you don't mind men using those words around your wife when you take her out:001_wub:
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    He's from Liverpool.
  • mark130273
    Options
    Sonny_L wrote: »
    He's from Liverpool.

no i am NOT !
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Sonny_L wrote: »
    He's from Liverpool.

Liverpool or Merseyside = same armpit of England.

Whether you like TV talent shows or not, they're the same vehicle as singers or bands performing in clubs to music biz people, just with higher exposure and there's more of 'em. Either the talent is there or it's not, but with X factor and it's ilk you have 50,000 perfomers so the ten finalists are invariably gonna be better than normal, not worse. And if there'd been no X factor there'd be no Leona Lewis.

Whether it's someone having a lack of career despite enormous talent or someone else enjoying a successful career despite having precious little talent, inevitably it's as much down to the managers that represent them as the individuals or bands themselves.
  • Aaron C Rescue
    Aaron C Rescue Registered Posts: 76 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: »
    Whether it's someone having a lack of career despite enormous talent or someone else enjoying a successful career despite having precious little talent, inevitably it's as much down to the managers that represent them as the individuals or bands themselves.

More important than the managers are the budgets spent on promoting them. Many many many people have signed to good managers; signed to good labels with eager A & Rs; many people are enormously talented; can write a great tune and have made a worthy record.

But the fact is, leverage, the PR team and the budget to pay those people to promote, are vital ingredients to a successful promotional campaign. And what the X factor does do, is ensure 13 weeks of free 1 hour a week adverts on prime time television for a single which will be released in time for Christmas. Anything else, be they album releases, or major tours is a bonus. Cowell and Fuller have already funded the £1 million recording contract from your phone votes.
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    never heard of her :lol:

That's kinda my point. Even if they peaked 40 years ago, I bet the Beatles (if the dead ones were alive today, of course) could sell out bigger venues than some of the muppets off Pop Idol.
  • blobbyh
    Options
    More important than the managers are the budgets spent on promoting them. Many many many people have signed to good managers; signed to good labels with eager A & Rs; many people are enormously talented; can write a great tune and have made a worthy record.

Good post Aaron but doesn't it kind reinforce, rather than counter, the argument that without an exceptional manager, you'd have no access to the PR and other multi-million dollar backroom support in the first place?

An exceptional manager can often get an average group rich and famous whereas it's not so guaranteed that an average manager could do the same for an exceptional group.
  • mark130273
    Options
    That's kinda my point. Even if they peaked 40 years ago, I bet the Beatles (if the dead ones were alive today, of course) could sell out bigger venues than some of the muppets off Pop Idol.

too bloody right and i still reckon even if elvis was alive and kicking that he would still be selling out tours every time .....
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    too bloody right and i still reckon even if elvis was alive and kicking that he would still be selling out tours every time .....

who would you say is the most successful british singer of all time - as in solo artist
  • Diannew
    Options

Very Harsh Blob:thumbdown:
  • mark130273
    Options
    Diannew wrote: »

Very Harsh Blob:thumbdown:

and totally wrong !!!
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Bothered?
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    stop squibbling you bunch of girls - anyone going to give their opinions on an answer? :thumbup1:
  • Diannew
    Options
    Bothered?

Just because you do not like a place does not mean that there are not nice people that live there.......
  • mark130273
    Options
    stop squibbling you bunch of girls - anyone going to give their opinions on an answer? :thumbup1:

answer to what ?
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    Just because you do not like a place does not mean that there are not nice people that live there.......

wait a minute...are you saying that mark is nice?:glare:
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    answer to what ?

My question!!!! read back a bit :lol::lol:
  • mark130273
    Options
    wait a minute...are you saying that mark is nice?:glare:

hey !!!!!!!!!!!!1111:crying:
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    Nicer than you...bet he would give me his last ROLO:001_tt2:

no he wouldnt he would treat you like a polo :lol::lol:
  • blobbyh
    Options

That's almost profound...

Clearly you have little understanding of my sense of humour, Dianne. I often take the pee out of northerners and guess what? I'm a northerner myself, now living in the south. And my borther lives on Merseyside btw.
  • LeeS2009
    Options

Clearly you have little understanding of my sense of humour, Dianne. I often take the pee out of northerners and guess what? I'm a northerner myself, now living in the south. And my borther lives on Merseyside btw.

take the pee?????? :lol::lol:
  • Diannew
    Options

Ok...........sence of humour firmly in place..................:lol:
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    Ok...........sence of humour firmly in place..................:lol:

how would you know? it takes one to know one :001_tt2:
  • Diannew
    Options
    how would you know? it takes one to know one :001_tt2:

I have a sence of humour Lee...........I was in the front of the que when they where given out......not at the back for the brains like .......:001_tt2:
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    I have a sence of humour Lee...........I was in the front of the que when they where given out......not at the back for the brains like .......:001_tt2:

what were you doing at the front of the "que"??????

You should have come to the front of the Queue with me, they were giving humour out in spades :lol::lol:
Privacy Policy