Options
smartin
smartin Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
how'd did everyone find this paper?

Comments

• donnaalwill
    donnaalwill Registered Posts: 116 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Mostly ok, one part was a little bit of a pain and I'm pretty sure I miscalculated a little part of it but worked out the rest on those figures so hopefully wont drag it down too much. Overall it was alright, preferred PEV though!
    How about you?
  • smartin
    Options
    thought it went ok - think i got one calu wrong but like you continued to use that figure sho shouldn't lose too many marks.

thought section 2 was pretty good

also prefer PEV though! but at least it's all over now
  • donnaalwill
    Options
    Yup section two was just as expected, no nasty surprises and nice and easy :) Woohoo for it all being over, I've been looking forward to starting a new unit, I'm glad to have these two out of the way as they were my least favourite units overall.
  • smartin
    Options
    now just fingers crossed time!!
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    what pcr stands for?

i have had a look at the different exams in this technician area

so far i know what DFS stands for
    but PCR adn PEV???
  • donnaalwill
    Options
    PCR = Contributing to the Planning and Control of Resources
    PEV = Contributing to the management of Performance and the Enhancement of Value.
  • Ian
    Ian Registered Posts: 83 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I thought section 1 was pretty tough but section 2 was ok.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Marga wrote: »
    what pcr stands for?

i have had a look at the different exams in this technician area

so far i know what DFS stands for
    but PCR adn PEV???

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?p=163329#post163329
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    AK002 wrote: »

THANKS *bows* didnt see that is so helpful :)

i dont feel like a complete idiot now not knowing what people are talking about lol
  • AK002
    Options
    LOL no problems :)
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I thought this paper was pretty straightforward and slightly easier than PEV.
  • smartin
    Options
    i agree, easier than PEV
  • Andrewh26
    Andrewh26 Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    PCR, section 1, the only thing that is stopping me from gaining the AAT qualification. I've passed everything else. Failed PCR more times than I want to mention.

I just get confused with where to get the figures from, where to get opening and closing stock figures and when to use them. Was generally guessing which figures they wanted in 1.3 especially. Will I ever pass this exam?? Has anybody else failed an exam more than once?
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    They gave you the opening and closing stocks on the first page of information. Stock as of 1st Jan was opening stock and stock as of end Dec was closing stock.
  • Andrewh26
    Andrewh26 Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I took those to be the only stock figures to use actually, not sure if I added or subtracted in the right place though, in the operating statement. Oh well, I remember before feeling that I'd done so badly in section 1, and I had passed it and failed Section 2.
  • joerd84
    joerd84 Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I failed PCR in June and i've failed again today too. I got confused on 1.3 and as the numbers got bigger and bigger my exam started to look more and more ridiculous. I bought a new tip ex mouse yesterday and it was all gone by 12 oclock
  • Woooof
    Woooof Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Ian wrote: »
    I thought section 1 was pretty tough but section 2 was ok.

Same here. Strolled through Section 2, but Section 1 they gave you a table ;O And you had to work out the cost of the finished closing stock in Section 1 which totally confused me :(
  • donnaalwill
    Options
    I did struggle a bit on 1.3. I wasn't sure how to split the sales to start with, I moved past it and went back, I think I did most of the workings right but I'm pretty sure some of the figures weren't correct, can't remember specifics though. The op statement was fine as were the first couple of questions, confident on section 2 though, nothing unexpected there I don't think.
  • Woooof
    Options
    1.3 was Operating statement?
    1.4 was seasonal variations?

I can't remember >_<
  • donnaalwill
    Options
    Ahh no me neither lol I assumed 1.3 was the seasonal variances, thats the bit I had trouble with. The op statement was ok I think once I figured out exactly what was going where.
  • Woooof
    Options
    Ahh no me neither lol I assumed 1.3 was the seasonal variances, thats the bit I had trouble with. The op statement was ok I think once I figured out exactly what was going where.

Are we allowed to discuss answers yet? I was 1 or 2 out on the total of some of the seasonal variations as I rounded up as they told me to do.
  • donnaalwill
    Options
    Right, the seasonal variances, I am curious as to how much I messed that up. The start was what threw me, was it the yearly production spread evenly over the year into the quarters? I did literally have a blank face moment as that as I couldn't see any specification into how it was split. Its the only part I really had trouble with and have no idea at all as to whether that was the right thing to do?
  • AK002
    Options
    right we can talk about it now.. What did every get there Operating Statement to total too?
  • donnaalwill
    Options
    Woooof wrote: »
    Are we allowed to discuss answers yet? I was 1 or 2 out on the total of some of the seasonal variations as I rounded up as they told me to do.
    Its past 3pm so its fine now lol

My op statement came to 2359500.......... eeek please let someone have the same!
  • Woooof
    Options
    AK002 wrote: »
    right we can talk about it now.. What did every get there Operating Statement to total too?

About £3 million profit :/ I think..... lol

I split the total by 4 for the quarters.
  • donnaalwill
    Options
    Woooof wrote: »
    About £3 million profit :/ I think..... lol

I split the total by 4 for the quarters.
    Phew so it was to be split between the quarters thats something! Anything I did after that is debatable lol
  • Woooof
    Options
    Its past 3pm so its fine now lol

My op statement came to 2359500.......... eeek please let someone have the same!
    Remember your closing stock figure? Mine was £222,000?
  • donnaalwill
    Options
    I can't remember any of the specific figures apart from that, I made a quick note of the end balance to check but anything else is a blur as to amounts!
  • AK002
    Options
    Hmm i got £2,592,900 :(
  • NamNed
    NamNed Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Yes they didn't specify so I split it between the quarters too.....

Also, I think the answers in Task 1.2 re saleable units, production units and manufactured units should all have been the same in Task 1.3 just split different over different quarters depending on the variance??
Privacy Policy