pcr dec 09

Options
1235»

Comments

• Highlander1
    Highlander1 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Jointy wrote: »
    The bonus scheme ended up costing the business £4250 more than if they didnt do it. I cant remember my calculation but it matched the flexed budget which was 4250 adverse
    Coma and Jointy - i now concur with your superior knowledge
    I know where I've gone wrong. If it had been a success there would have been an overall net saving on budget of £16,150 - ah well, hope I don't loose too many marks! My email was quite convincing tho :)
  • goodyuk
    goodyuk Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    exam panic wrote: »
    Hi Charlie
    For section 2 I got:
    136000 F - Turnover
    34000A
    4250A
    200A
    3000A
    1000A
    2000F - Dep'n
    4000A
    3000A
    47450A - Total Expenses
    88550F - Operating Profit
    Can't remember now what figures matched materials, labour etc. I then went on in the email to say the bonus scheme had not improved production efficiency and that the overall favourable variance was due to the turnover/ selling price.

YEY they all look very familiar!!!!
  • TtD
    TtD Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I just cut corners on the final e-mail, and worked out the relative cost per unit. £12 an hour at 45 mins =£9, £12.50 at 43.5mins = £9.06, therefore relative cost is increased 6p per unit. Sure if it increased production you could turn a profit, but assuming the same production, and no major savings in terms of machinery costs, your making a small loss.
  • disneyland
    disneyland Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I think Section 1 was awful because of tasks 1.3 and 1.4.
    I messed up the whole task with the variations. I mean my calculations were wrong as I had wrong figures for the adjusted turnover.
    I filled in the operating statement up to the closing stock as I was stuck there and couldn't calculate it.
    Section 2 was perfect. Tasks 1.1 and 1.2 from Section 1 were OK. I think I did them correctly.
    Do you think I'll fail because of Task 1.4 (wrong figures) and almost completed Taks 1.3?
  • katz568
    katz568 Registered Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I got £1.12 per unit as closing stock price like a couple of others. Can't remember most of the other figures although i've seen a few that look familiar.
    Good luck to all
  • lizrochford
    lizrochford Registered Posts: 58 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Ding Ding third time lucky lol I've mucked up again today got totally stuck with the closing stock valuation in 1.2e and then didn't really understand what was going on with 1.3, although looking at people's figures on here I must have got some of it right, managed to put down holidays as problem other than costs in the email and suggested subcontracting in task 1.4 so I may have regained some lost marks. The standards are changing in April so the exam in June will be the last one with these standards. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought 1.3 was a nightmare question!
  • aimeexox
    aimeexox Registered Posts: 38 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I have definately failed this haha Haven't recognised any of the answers everyone else has for section 1. Section 2 was really easy in comparison, im just really bad at section 1.. I got to 1.3 and didn't have the foggiest what I was doing. Roll on juneee
  • Woooof
    Woooof Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Remember everyone it's not just about the figures it's about the process aswell :)
  • flower
    flower Registered Posts: 160 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Yes am sitting ECR for the 2nd time (CBE this time) Found PCR quite daunting. Not enough revision time allowed for us at our college. Knew I was not ready. Oh well just means re-sit in June. Find everything else ok. Just costing exams. Glad I am not the only one who who feels same.
  • Andrewh26
    Andrewh26 Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I hate this exam. Section 1 of PCR is the hardest part of AAT, in my opinion. I am annoyed as last December i passed section 1 and didn't quite know enough to pass section 2 then! Now i realise that was my chance to pass this damn thing. Oh well, roll on June for the next attempt...
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    COMA wrote: »
    My answers were identical apart from:

1.2e - I got £1.12
    2.2 - I wrote that it wasn't worthwile as the hourly rate increased by 4.17% whereas the time shortened by 3.33% only, which is supported by the 4000 something adverse labour variance.
    Snap!!
  • pazza2010
    pazza2010 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Jointy wrote: »
    Standard labour hours cost - 202,400*12 = £2,428,800
    Overtime cost - 17,600*18 = £316,800
    Total labour cost / good production = 2,745,600/10,350,000 = £0.27p

Material cost - 0.20*3 = £0.60p

Overhead cost - £2,359,400/10,350,000 = £0.23p

Total cost per unit - £1.10

Not sure if this correct I put £1.09 but I could have rounded wrong.

I took the overhead figure off someone else but seems right I think.
    you can't just multiply 0.2 x 0.6 because the cost is "per saleable unit" so you have to take the total material cost and divide by saleable units produced (10,450,000)
    Correct answer is 1.12 for sure!
  • MARY_O
    MARY_O Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Its past 3pm so its fine now lol

My op statement came to 2359500.......... eeek please let someone have the same!

I got that!
  • exam panic
    exam panic Registered Posts: 157 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    total production

It should be 11000 000for total production but too many numbers in the paper I can't really remember alot
  • donnaalwill
    donnaalwill Registered Posts: 116 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Yay at least I'm not on my own! :o) No idea how I got to that but somehow I did!
    End of another exam week and I am sooo tired. Fridays always make me tired anyway but I am just glad its over. Can do nothing now but move onto the next challenge and deal with whatever happens in February. I'll keep up hope though.
    Time to start Cash Management (yay) and MSP (boo).
  • Springhill14
    Springhill14 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Springhill14

PCR exam was rubbish - question 1.3 was a real bummer did nothing like that in class, sure I've failed this for sure, seasonal variation I wish they'd just disappear into the bluemist I can't figure thematall. Never mind there are stillresits in June - maybe December.
Privacy Policy