Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Congrats!
  • torty35
    torty35 Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    carlap wrote: »
    Just finished my Final Exam!!! Woohoo!!
    Me too - but what an exam to finish on ....!
  • tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    torty35 wrote: »
    Me too - but what an exam to finish on ....!
    It was awful in my opinion, truly awful!
  • bagpuss3008
    bagpuss3008 Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    tigger37 wrote: »
    It was awful in my opinion, truly awful!

oh thank god it's not just me! I walked in, put my pen to paper and nearly got up and walked straight back out!
    Some of the stuff we hadn't actually covered!

I smell...Resit!
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    oh thank god it's not just me! I walked in, put my pen to paper and nearly got up and walked straight back out!
    Some of the stuff we hadn't actually covered!

I smell...Resit!

I felt like that as well...as soon as i read the first question !!
    dont think im goin to read what people write on here until tomor when i have completely forgot my answers and cant compare against others and start to panic....

not feeling to good a the mo
  • tigger37
    Options
    rachy1975 wrote: »
    I felt like that as well...as soon as i read the first question !!
    dont think im goin to read what people write on here until tomor when i have completely forgot my answers and cant compare against others and start to panic....

not feeling to good a the mo
    I am pretty positive I failed section 1 as the was the awful part of the whole thing. Section 2 I think I will get through ok. Maybe they will lower the pass mark? This was my last exam too which makes me feel even more awful about it as I was planning on going to ACCA in the fall. Can you start ACCA anyway and just retake the AAT test as well in December?
  • EAP
    EAP Registered Posts: 63 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    That was the worst exam! And to top it all, the bottle of wine I bought to drown my sorrows smashed all over the road when I got home. Had to turn round and buy myself another one.
    Praying for a low low pass mark!
  • llanboi
    llanboi Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    tigger37 wrote: »
    I am pretty positive I failed section 1 as the was the awful part of the whole thing. Section 2 I think I will get through ok. Maybe they will lower the pass mark? This was my last exam too which makes me feel even more awful about it as I was planning on going to ACCA in the fall. Can you start ACCA anyway and just retake the AAT test as well in December?

Nothing stopping you studying ACCA but if you dont pass all of AAT I dont think you will get the exemptions. I wanted to do CIMA in September but looks as if I will have to wait still September 2011 now as I did terribly bad today.....
  • mrspnut
    mrspnut Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I thought it was OK. I did have a moment of panic when I read the first page but it did give you the information you needed to complete the questions.
  • sdeabill
    sdeabill Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    what a exam, first section i thought was ok, but long, bit messy, second section, didnt finish run out of time, so resit for me, cant beleive that last year i was so upset that i didnt finsh the paper because i thought i had fail section 1 so did 1 question in section 2 and walked out, but said i had run out of time, only to find that i had passed section 1 last year, so i think i have learnt my lesson, maybe what i sould do next time is do section 2 first as not meny questions or points. then move on to section 1.
    anyway roll on 3pm not that it makes much differance to me.
  • rachy1975
    Options
    mrspnut wrote: »
    I thought it was OK. I did have a moment of panic when I read the first page but it did give you the information you needed to complete the questions.

true it did but when it puts you into doubt when you first start its a bit difficult to get your confidence back i find...if id have opened it like pev on mon and thought straight away...that makes sense and i know how to do it i may not of found it so hard, it just throws you off at first dont you think???
  • bobo
    bobo Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    it was terrible exam, totally from hel - I've answered all questions but I even don't know if half of them were right - and now, what I hate the most, waiting for results for sooooo long.....
  • safrica
    safrica Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    true it did but when it puts you into doubt when you first start its a bit difficult to get your confidence back i find...if id have opened it like pev on mon and thought straight away...that makes sense and i know how to do it i may not of found it so hard, it just throws you off at first dont you think???

I agree..I went into panic mode when I saw the first questions, managed to answer them hopefully correctly but took time to calm down a bit....then went into panic again in the middle of section 1 because the clock was ticking fast....section 2 was ok even though more was asked than usual..
  • TraineeTaff
    TraineeTaff Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Holy C**p!!

The exam was impossible!!!
    Did section 2 first & thought it was absolutely fine.
    Section 1.... Didn't even answer half the questions!!! Just couldn't get my head round tasks 1.2 & 1.3. AAT love to move the goal posts!!! Annoyed!!!
  • tigger37
    Options
    EAP wrote: »
    That was the worst exam! And to top it all, the bottle of wine I bought to drown my sorrows smashed all over the road when I got home. Had to turn round and buy myself another one.
    Praying for a low low pass mark!
    I already had a bottle of Archer's ar home...all I had to buy was the lemonade and man am I gonna drown my sorrows tonight! I thought task 1.2 and especially 1.3 were the worst bits!
  • tigger37
    Options
    The exam was impossible!!!
    Did section 2 first & thought it was absolutely fine.
    Section 1.... Didn't even answer half the questions!!! Just couldn't get my head round tasks 1.2 & 1.3. AAT love to move the goal posts!!! Annoyed!!!
    I didn't get most of question 1.3 answered - sort of gave up when I saw I only had 1/2 hour left. I had left it until the end after I couldn't get it on a first attempt and went ahead to section 2. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
  • EAP
    EAP Registered Posts: 63 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I seriously missed my tippex today! And whoever marks my exam is going to rue the day they did away with tippex! By the time I'd finished changing my answers (and then changing some back again) it looked like a child's doodle pad.
  • emsy
    emsy Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Todays Exam sucked!!!!

I worked so so so so hard for this and now....... Never mind I bet I will be kicking myself when I see the answer book! Does anyone remeber any of the answers they got?
  • carlap
    carlap Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Its past 3 now...anyone want to compare??
  • safrica
    safrica Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Here we go, 3pm...can't really remember any clear figures from section 1...but section 2 my only favourable variance was on energy, £9500, all others were adverse,
    percentage increase for materials 5% and 4% for wages...
  • rachy1975
    Options
    safrica wrote: »
    Here we go, 3pm...can't really remember any clear figures from section 1...but section 2 my only favourable variance was on energy, £9500, all others were adverse,

i had that for wages...thats all i can remeber as im now revising for frs tomor...
  • rachy1975
    Options
    i had that for wages...thats all i can remeber as im now revising for frs tomor...

frs?? i mean dfs.. brain is well and truly fried!!!
  • bobo
    bobo Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    Options

I've got the same....and also can't remember any clear figures from section 1...
  • carlap
    Options

Did you not get favourable for Managers bonus?? 25k??
  • emsy
    emsy Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I know that these are wrong but i got these for section 1, at least i think they are

task 1.1
    a 1600
    b 94.32
    c 3300
    d 1710
    e 365
    f 2
    g 0.125
    h 249000kg
    i 20%
  • carlap
    Options
    My first initial reaction to this exam was OMG! the as I read through didn't think it was that bad...roll on CIMA!
  • carlap
    Options
    emsy wrote: »
    I know that these are wrong but i got these for section 1, at least i think they are

task 1.1
    a 1600
    b 94.32
    c 3300
    d 1710
    e 365
    f 2
    g 0.125
    h 249000kg
    i 20%

That sounds like what I got...
  • NAJC
    NAJC Registered Posts: 44 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    !!!

That was HORRIBLE. Started okay ... got to 1.2 and 1.3 and nearly walked out. Section 2 was fine. Probably got some wrong but last year i failed section 2 because i didnt write enough and now iv failed section 1. Im hoping the pass rate will be verrryyy low !Thats the only time iv ever sat in an exam till the end !. retake in december anyone?
  • tigger37
    Options
    carlap wrote: »
    Did you not get favourable for Managers bonus?? 25k??
    I put 25,000 favourable as well as the budget was that amount and they actually spent zilch..........
  • tigger37
    Options
    NAJC wrote: »
    That was HORRIBLE. Started okay ... got to 1.2 and 1.3 and nearly walked out. Section 2 was fine. Probably got some wrong but last year i failed section 2 because i didnt write enough and now iv failed section 1. Im hoping the pass rate will be verrryyy low !Thats the only time iv ever sat in an exam till the end !. retake in december anyone?
    I'll be joining u I think................awful section 1, although alot of the answers mentioned in 1.1, I think I got.
Privacy Policy