PCR June 2010

Options

Comments

• carlap
    carlap Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    emsy wrote: »
    I know that these are wrong but i got these for section 1, at least i think they are

task 1.1
    a 1600
    b 94.32
    c 3300
    d 1710
    e 365
    f 2
    g 0.125
    h 249000kg
    i 20%
    tigger37 wrote: »
    I put 25,000 favourable as well as the budget was that amount and they actually spent zilch..........

Yep thats waht I thought
  • angharadmai
    angharadmai Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Thought the exam wasn't too bad, liked it as there was a lot of calculations and less written questions. Task 1.1 was different, but they basically gave us the formulas to use.

Just have to wait now and hope I've passed PEV and PCR.
  • bobo
    bobo Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    carlap wrote: »
    That sounds like what I got...
    emsy wrote: »
    I know that these are wrong but i got these for section 1, at least i think they are

task 1.1
    a 1600
    b 94.32
    c 3300
    d 1710
    e 365
    f 2
    g 0.125
    h 249000kg
    i 20%

seems the same as mine, but I do not remember e and h - what they were about??
  • carlap
    Options
    Anyone remember 1.2 & 1.3 answers??
  • emsy
    emsy Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    how many production lines did you get with the extra production in section 1?
  • carlap
    Options
    3 probuction lines as it came to 7000 odd which meant you needed 3 as capacity for 2 was only 6600
  • bobo
    Options
    3 probuction lines as it came to 7000 odd which meant you needed 3 as capacity for 2 was only 6600

I had 3 production lines but I had over 8000 hrs....
  • emsy
    Options

dam! I thought it was 3! then changed it to 4 because i thought it would be based on the different activities not the hours!!! sounds stupid i know because when i walked out at the end i thought why did i change that!!!!
  • carlap
    Options
    hmm not sure...how many units per labour hour did you get??

I got 800
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    i had 3 production lines...
    aand 7000 something hours
  • emsy
    Options
    bobo wrote: »
    seems the same as mine, but I do not remember e and h - what they were about??

I think E was something to do with overtime hours (but not sure, because i just quickly copied my answers at my end!)
    H was the wastage amount!
  • emsy
    Options
    hmm not sure...how many units per labour hour did you get??

I got 800

um which question was that?
  • carlap
    Options
    Where you worked out how many labour hours required...you needed to work out how many units per hour first in 1.2 I think
  • bobo
    Options
    rachy1975 wrote: »
    i had 3 production lines...
    aand 7000 something hours

well seems that number of production lines I have write but not hrs...
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I was happy with how the exam went although the format was not particularly like any of the others. I felt that it was testing your understanding and calculations and was very fair.

Section 1

Gardenbase

In essence all the questions on section 1.1 were asked in a manner that you could establish where to pull the figures from.

The exam was based on 6 staff and 2 production lines producing tubs of fertiliser, which was 0.9kg sand: 0.1 kg PSX, supplying a 1kg tub of end product fertiliser. Retail price £0.58/tub.

Staff labour hours were provided and so were production line hours.

However, the twist was that PSX had an element of evaporation, so to end up with 0.1kg of PSX in 1 kg of finished fertiliser you needed 0.125kg psx in the mix.

Then for 1.2 there was a re-calculation exercise, based on the figures you had already achieved. Then you had to re-evaluate for the additional costs incurred for the additional output. This was for the product to be sold through Q&D at £0.52/tub

It was also necessary to evaluate the additional profit per tub on the additional supply; I got £0.018 per tub. We were allowed to work to 3 decimal places (which was a little off-putting in itself!)

After that 1.3 was the report; summarising profit impact, what if drop in sales, etc. I calculated that there would be an additional £54,000 profit, however at sales of £0.52/tub sales wouldn't need to drop too much to create a loss; especially as it was necessary to put in an additional production line to facilitite the output (£175,000 fixed overhead). There was also a requirement to discuss possible affect on sales of own fertiliser.

Can't remember if there was a 1.4 task!

Section 2.

FunKeyFobs

This was the budget part of the paper.

Budget figures were given 'per thousand' for production of key fobs.

For 2.1 I initially went through and calculated incorrectly, as I hadn't read the budget properly so I was out by '000 on my first answers! I realised when I came to 2.2!

Again, as in previous papers it was just calculation budget cost/per thousand key fobs, working through Variable, Semi Variable and Stepped Costs. Quite straightforward.

2.2 Flexing budget, although as well as comparing flexed and actual budget to produce (adverse)/favourable variance it was also necessary to show variance as a % of flexed budget. This is something that I haven't seen anywhere before whilst studying this subject and I realised when I re-read the question having completed it. I struggled to fit it onto the page quite honestly, but did manage to calculate the variance %.

Most noticeable decreased sales variance equated to 8.3% (Flexed 2,880,000:Actual 2,640,000: Variance 240,000 adverse)

Amongst other calculations I had labour 5.1% adverse and energy 5% favourable. Manager bonus was 100% favourable (budget 25,000:actual £zero)

2.3 Really strange that it was put here not after 2.4 question; was the index calculations: I got 5% increase and 4% increase (which I've already seen posted here).

2.4 Was the report on section 2.2 detailing analysis of significant variances. I mentioned/waffled about sales, labour, energy and manager bonus.

A bit about whether the budgets produced were best for the company (sort of question) and whether another type of budgeting would be more appropriate. I put something about 'target based budgets'.

I was happy with the exam and I feel quite positive. Although it provided all the information in an entirely different format I did feel that I had all the information I needed to supply a (hopefully) correct set of answers.
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • bobo
    Options
    anniem wrote: »
    It was also necessary to evaluate the additional profit per tub on the additional supply; I got £0.018 per tub. We were allowed to work to 3 decimal places (which was a little off-putting in itself!)

I got £0.008 per tube.... :(
  • bagpuss3008
    bagpuss3008 Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options

yey not just me then!!
  • emsy
    Options
    does anyone have the answers for 1.2 and 1.3
  • angeltastic
    angeltastic Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Options

Sure I got that too!
  • bagpuss3008
    bagpuss3008 Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    when calculating the opening stock for the 3m additional units, did anyone put this as zero as you'd already used the o/s in the original budget?

Also, did I miss that there should be a calc for waste? I figured this was already included and calculated 0.125kg of PXS was used in production which already accounted for the waste?
  • carlap
    Options
    I was happy with how the exam went although the format was not particularly like any of the others. I felt that it was testing your understanding and calculations and was very fair.

Section 1

Gardenbase

In essence all the questions on section 1.1 were asked in a manner that you could establish where to pull the figures from.

The exam was based on 6 staff and 2 production lines producing tubs of fertiliser, which was 0.9kg sand: 0.1 kg PSX, supplying a 1kg tub of end product fertiliser. Retail price £0.58/tub.

However, the twist was that PSX had an element of evaporation, so to end up with 0.1kg of PSX in 1 kg of finished fertiliser you needed 0.125kg psx in the mix.

Then for 1.2 there was a re-calculation exercise, based on the figures you had already achieved. Then you had to re-evaluate for the additional costs incurred for the additional output. This was for the product to be sold through Q&D at £0.52/tub

After that 1.3 was the report; summarising profit impact, what if drop in sales, etc. I calculated that there would be an additional £54,000 profit, however at sales of £0.52/tub sales wouldn't need to drop too much to create a loss; especially as it was necessary to put in an additional production line to facilitite the output (£175,000 fixed overhead). There was also a requirement to discuss possible affect on sales of own fertiliser.

Section 2.

FunKeyFobs

For 2.1 I initially went through and calculated incorrectly, as I hadn't read the budget properly so I was out by '000 on my first answers! I realised when I came to 2.2!

Again, as in previous papers it was just calculation budget cost/per thousand key fobs, working through Variable, Semi Variable and Stepped Costs. Quite straightforward.

2.2 Flexing budget, although as well as comparing flexed and actual budget to produce (adverse)/favourable variance it was also necessary to show variance as a % of flexed budget. This is something that I haven't seen anywhere before whilst studying this subject and I realised when I re-read the question having completed it. I struggled to fit it onto the page quite honestly, but did manage to calculate the variance %.

Most noticeable decreased sales variance equated to 8.3% (Flexed 2,880,000:Actual 2,640,000: Variance 240,000 adverse)

Amongst other calculations I had labour 5.1% adverse and energy 5% favourable. Manager bonus was 100% favourable (budget 25,000:actual £zero)

2.3 Really strange that it was put here not after 2.4 question; was the index calculations: I got 5% increase and 4% increase (which I've already seen posted here).

2.4 Was the report on section 2.2 detailing analysis of significant variances. I mentioned/waffled about sales, labour, energy and manager bonus.

A bit about whether the budgets produced were best for the company (sort of question) and whether another type of budgeting would be more appropriate. I put something about 'target based budgets'.

I was happy with the exam and I feel quite positive. Although it provided all the information in an entirely different format I did feel that I had all the information I needed to supply a (hopefully) correct set of answers.

How did you manage to remember all that??
  • bobo
    Options
    yey not just me then!!
    Sure I got that too!

so i'm happy now :)
  • Terdoo
    Terdoo Registered Posts: 144 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Re: PCR exam

I studied the whole test book of PCR and all the past exam papers, but not happy with today,s exam, I was panicking because i didn,t know what was required of me, another resit
  • bobo
    Options
    when calculating the opening stock for the 3m additional units, did anyone put this as zero as you'd already used the o/s in the original budget?

Also, did I miss that there should be a calc for waste? I figured this was already included and calculated 0.125kg of PXS was used in production which already accounted for the waste?

I've calculated as total, first production plus additional add closing stock less opiening stock and in the end I've deducted what I had for first production and came out additional production...

Wastage - I've calculated this in material required...
  • safrica
    safrica Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options

Section 1

Gardenbase

Section 2.

FunKeyFobs

£0.018 per tub additional profit rings a bell...I remember having something like £0.109 for the original profit per tube in task 1.2..anyone ??
  • torty35
    torty35 Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I've got so many answers scribbled on back of exam seating sheet that they are almost more complicated to desipher than the exam !! Here goes ..

section 1.1 etc.?!!
    1600 tubs
    94.32%
    3300hrs
    1710 hrs
    365 hrs
    2:1
    0.125 kg
    0.025kg
    loss 20%

Sect 1.2
    6078.4hrs
    92%
    82080/22761.6
    Overheads 350000 + 18235.20
    Cost per tub 0.475
    10.5 profit
    1.3 ??
    3060000 tubs
    Add mats 1308150
    3 lines
    79.77%
    3637 hrs
    staff 134808 +29966
    0.497 per tub
    0.23 profit

Section 2 £600
    £180
    £100
    £25 delivery
    £24 variable & 75000 fixed
    Admin £2 var £95 000 fixed
    Equip steps £5000

5% & 4%

Variances :
    240000A
    44000A
    18000A
    5000F
    9500F
    8000A
    4400A
    25000F
    5000A
    1000A
    50900A
    290900A

Hope that means more to you all than it now means to me !!

Only realised in last few minutes that fixed cost of lines in sect. 1 was per line & not overall fixed cost so hopefully changed correctly but who knows !!

Let me know if anyones can desipher answers & if they agree at all !!
  • carlap
    Options
    I think alot of people were thrown by the way the paper was set out and worded.....good for some but not for them unfortunately
  • bobo
    Options
    torty35 wrote: »
    I've got so many answers scribbled on back of exam seating sheet that they are almost more complicated to desipher than the exam !! Here goes ..

section 1.1 etc.?!!
    1600 tubs
    94.32%
    3300hrs
    1710 hrs
    365 hrs
    0.125 kg
    0.025kg
    loss 20%

Sect 1.2
    6078.4hrs
    92%
    82080/22761.6
    Cost per tub 0.475
    10.5 profit
    1.3 ??
    3060000 tubs
    Add mats 1308150
    3 lines
    79.77%
    3637 hrs
    staff 134808 +29966
    0.497 per tub
    0.23 profit

Section 2 £600
    £180
    £100
    £25 delivery
    Equip steps £5000

5% & 4%

Variances :
    240000A
    44000A
    18000A
    5000F
    9500F
    8000A
    4400A
    25000F
    5000A
    1000A
    50900A
    290900A

Only realised in last few minutes that fixed cost of lines in sect. 1 was per line & not overall fixed cost so hopefully changed correctly but who knows !!

As far as I can remember most of them seems the same, few seems different....
  • EAP
    EAP Registered Posts: 63 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    My tubs were £0.475 cost so £0.105 profit and then additional ones were £0.023 profit (so £0.497 cost. I think these answers have already been posted on here so at least I'm not alone!
  • safrica
    safrica Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    torty35 wrote: »

section 1.1 etc.?!!
    1600 tubs
    94.32%
    3300hrs
    1710 hrs
    365 hrs
    0.125 kg
    0.025kg
    loss 20%

Sect 1.2
    6078.4hrs
    92%
    82080/22761.6
    Cost per tub 0.475
    10.5 profit
    1.3 ??
    3060000 tubs
    Add mats 1308150
    3 lines
    79.77%
    3637 hrs
    staff 134808 +29966
    0.497 per tub
    0.23 profit

Section 2 £600
    £180
    £100
    £25 delivery
    Equip steps £5000

5% & 4%

Variances :
    240000A
    44000A
    18000A
    5000F
    9500F
    8000A
    4400A
    25000F
    5000A
    1000A
    50900A
    290900A

I have very similar answers to this!!
Privacy Policy