PCR June 2010

Options

Comments

• torty35
    torty35 Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    EAP wrote: »
    My tubs were £0.475 cost so £0.105 profit and then additional ones were £0.023 profit (so £0.497 cost. I think these answers have already been posted on here so at least I'm not alone!
    yes I got 0.023 - put wrong answer in list - eyes had gone funny by then !
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I'm going to try and remember what I did:

For the additional 3,000,000 tubs:

You needed to add 2% to increase closing stock, so that made 3,060,000 tubs

Additional cost was:

Direct Material

PSX : £0.1875 x 3,060,000 = £573,750
    Sand: £0.18 x 3,060,000 = £550,800
    Tubs: £0.06 x 3,060,000 = £183,600

Labour: All had to be costed at overtime rate; I can't remember the figures, but all the basic hours had been used up for standard production.

Fixed Overhead: Additional production line = £175,000

Variable Overhead: On additional labour hours @ £1.50 per additional hour.

I can't remember the labour hours, but do remember that production out put had to be increased to 1650/production line hour.

I worked out that it cost £0.502 to produce each additional tub, therefore selling at £0.52 left you with £0.018 profit per tub!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Vidya_r
    Vidya_r Registered, Tutor Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    My tubs were £0.475 cost so £0.105 profit and then additional ones were £0.023 profit (so £0.497 cost. I think these answers have already been posted on here so at least I'm not alone!

I got Exactly the same figures!!!!
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    anniem wrote: »
    I'm going to try and remember what I did:

For the additional 3,000,000 tubs:

You needed to add 2% to increase closing stock, so that made 3,060,000 tubs

Additional cost was:

Direct Material

PSX : £0.1875 x 3,060,000 = £573,750
    Sand: £0.18 x 3,060,000 = £550,800
    Tubs: £0.06 x 3,060,000 = £183,600

Labour: All had to be costed at overtime rate; I can't remember the figures, but all the basic hours had been used up for standard production.

Fixed Overhead: Additional production line = £175,000

Variable Overhead: On additional labour hours @ £1.50 per additional hour.

I can't remember the labour hours, but do remember that production out put had to be increased to 1650/production line hour.

I worked out that it cost £0.502 to produce each additional tub, therefore selling at £0.52 left you with £0.018 profit per tub!

i did the same only thing different was the hours...as you had 2 extra mambers of staff i calculated their basic hours using the average for basic calculated previously.....

ah well
  • anniem
    Options
    Your answers look much the same as mine torty35. Quite reassuring!
  • anniem
    Options
    rachy1975 wrote: »
    i did the same only thing different was the hours...as you had 2 extra mambers of staff i calculated their basic hours using the average for basic calculated previously.....

ah well

Bum - I didn't see 2 extra members of staff anywhere! Bum Bum Bum!
  • EAP
    EAP Registered Posts: 63 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    rachy1975 wrote: »

ah well

I did the two members of staff at basic rate too plus the additional amount as overtime - I think we're right on this one (if nothing else!)
    fingers crossed
  • EAP
    Options
    Bum - I didn't see 2 extra members of staff anywhere! Bum Bum Bum!

Now I feel bad for rubbing it in!
    sorry!
  • carlap
    carlap Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I remembered the 2 extra staff
  • EAP
    Options
    carlap wrote: »
    I remembered the 2 extra staff

Now you're rubbing it in! Perhaps we should change the subject?!
  • bobo
    bobo Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    sorry!

I can remember that there was something about 2 staff, but I've forgotten about them...:(
  • safrica
    safrica Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Only 1 additional staff was needed though...? I worked out that additional hours were 1855, one employee being able to do 1710 basic hours so overtime needed was 145 hours, giving a labour cost of £15420 something like that..
  • anniem
    Options
    sorry!

Hey no, its an exam - as much as it would be nice to think you were the only person to get 100%, it ain't gonna happen!!!!

Just as long as I've got enough to pass then I'm quite happy, thank you!!!!

It just goes to show you really must read the questions and all the information properly. 2 is such a small little number all on it's own and I obviously didn't see it. It should have been written in bigger writing for the hurrying people :lol:
  • tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    torty35 wrote: »
    I've got so many answers scribbled on back of exam seating sheet that they are almost more complicated to desipher than the exam !! Here goes ..

section 1.1 etc.?!!
    1600 tubs
    94.32%
    3300hrs
    1710 hrs
    365 hrs
    2:1
    0.125 kg
    0.025kg
    loss 20%

Sect 1.2
    6078.4hrs
    92%
    82080/22761.6
    Overheads 350000 + 18235.20
    Cost per tub 0.475
    10.5 profit
    1.3 ??
    3060000 tubs
    Add mats 1308150
    3 lines
    79.77%
    3637 hrs
    staff 134808 +29966
    0.497 per tub
    0.23 profit

Section 2 £600
    £180
    £100
    £25 delivery
    £24 variable & 75000 fixed
    Admin £2 var £95 000 fixed
    Equip steps £5000

5% & 4%

Variances :
    240000A
    44000A
    18000A
    5000F
    9500F
    8000A
    4400A
    25000F
    5000A
    1000A
    50900A
    290900A

Hope that means more to you all than it now means to me !!

Only realised in last few minutes that fixed cost of lines in sect. 1 was per line & not overall fixed cost so hopefully changed correctly but who knows !!

Let me know if anyones can desipher answers & if they agree at all !!
    1.1 sounds mostly familiar and some of 1.2 do does too. I am pretty sure the bits I did manage on 1.3 are wrong , but most of it I did not even get too as went ahead to section 2. Maybe I will make it, but I'm not holding my breath. Depends how many points task 1.3 was worth. Maybe I will get lucky????
  • torty35
    Options
    Hey no, its an exam - as much as it would be nice to think you were the only person to get 100%, it ain't gonna happen!!!!

Just as long as I've got enough to pass then I'm quite happy, thank you!!!!

It just goes to show you really must read the questions and all the information properly. 2 is such a small little number all on it's own and I obviously didn't see it. It should have been written in bigger writing for the hurrying people :lol:
    I so agree - I can see that I didnt multiply my wastage at 0.025kg by no of tubs - didn't occur to me! Just put the difference between 0.1 & 0.125! Hey Ho!
  • kristina1980
    kristina1980 Registered Posts: 46 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    when calculating the opening stock for the 3m additional units, did anyone put this as zero as you'd already used the o/s in the original budget?

Also, did I miss that there should be a calc for waste? I figured this was already included and calculated 0.125kg of PXS was used in production which already accounted for the waste?

I did this aswell. i assumed that these units where used in last budget and therefore were no longer available. I therefore assummed there was no longer any opening stock.

speaking to my classmates after, no one has done this though, so i think I have screwed this paper right up. did anyone else find it really tight on time?
  • twinmeister
    twinmeister Registered Posts: 122 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I got identical answers exempt for the labour hours and costs in section 1.
    I was gutted when other people were talking about the report at the end. I blooming well forgot to turn the last page over and completely missed it out. Even if I get 100% in the other parts of section 2 it's a definite re-sit.
    G-U-T-T-E-D :((((
  • anniem
    Options
    I got identical answers exempt for the labour hours and costs in section 1.
    I was gutted when other people were talking about the report at the end. I blooming well forgot to turn the last page over and completely missed it out. Even if I get 100% in the other parts of section 2 it's a definite re-sit.
    G-U-T-T-E-D :((((

I think it was a bit nasty that 2.3 was put in between 2.2 and 2.4 - god that looks daft written like that, obviously 2.3 goes in between 2.2 and 2.4!

But I thought that the question shown for 2.3 (the indexing question) should have gone after the report writing question 2.4, because that was the report pertinent to 2.2!

I can quite see how you missed out the report, if you have been working on the format of previous exam papers.

Don't panic though, all is not loss, like I say, you don't need 100% to pass!
  • torty35
    Options
    I think it was a bit nasty that 2.3 was put in between 2.2 and 2.4 - god that looks daft written like that, obviously 2.3 goes in between 2.2 and 2.4!

But I thought that the question shown for 2.3 (the indexing question) should have gone after the report writing question 2.4, because that was the report pertinent to 2.2!

I can quite see how you missed out the report, if you have been working on the format of previous exam papers.

Don't panic though, all is not loss, like I say, you don't need 100% to pass!
    I used the index numbers in my report & worked out what the revised material cost & labour cost would have been if they had increased them in line with them, this made the variances more or less nil meaning they would have got their bonus ...
  • twinmeister
    twinmeister Registered Posts: 122 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Pants of doom. I could've written a decent answer to the report too!!!
    Ah well, won't ever make that mistake again!!!
  • TraineeTaff
    TraineeTaff Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    tigger37 wrote: »
    I didn't get most of question 1.3 answered - sort of gave up when I saw I only had 1/2 hour left. I had left it until the end after I couldn't get it on a first attempt and went ahead to section 2. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I was in there for the full time allowance. That's never happened before. Normally, I'm done after about an 2 & half hours, but this paper fried my brain and I ran out of time. It's so frustrating. Deflated.
  • kristina1980
    Options
    I was in there for the full time allowance. That's never happened before. Normally, I'm done after about an 2 & half hours, but this paper fried my brain and I ran out of time. It's so frustrating. Deflated.

Glad its not just me then. only one of my sitting left before time! I feel soo angry because I did all the revision and past exam papers and still think I have failed. the format and questions really threw me. typical, i only had to get PEV and PCR to get level four! now it looks like a resit in december
  • welsn3
    welsn3 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Exam horrendous!!!!!!!!

Well I am gutted, I thought I did so well in Monday's exam and have passed everything up to now I have now failed at the last hurdle. I thought Section 1 was awful - mind went blank on the first question and then went downhill from there. Section 2 found OK so it will be even worse if I have passed that section and failed the 1st (and there is no doubt I have failed the first part). Didn't get to Task 1.4 the email and all my answers are wrong!!!
    it was nothing like the past papers. We all ought to make sure we complete the feedback and put this section as being hard.

Gutted!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • smileygirl
    smileygirl Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    it was horrible, really run out of time section 1 was really bad.. and i started to panic and that was it...gutted!!!!
  • kristina1980
    Options
    smileygirl wrote: »
    it was horrible, really run out of time section 1 was really bad.. and i started to panic and that was it...gutted!!!!

dont forget to email examfeedback@aat.org.uk with your comments. if enough of us complain about the level being too hard they will lower the pass mark. Also I dont think it was very representative of the past papers. I revised these and found them quite easy. I couldnt believe it when I opened that paper! wanted to burst into tears and walk out. And this was the exam I was least worried about!
  • NAJC
    NAJC Registered Posts: 44 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    i will
    dont forget to email examfeedback@aat.org.uk with your comments. if enough of us complain about the level being too hard they will lower the pass mark. Also I dont think it was very representative of the past papers. I revised these and found them quite easy. I couldnt believe it when I opened that paper! wanted to burst into tears and walk out. And this was the exam I was least worried about!

i will definatly email them. Is anyone else going to ?
  • JakkiMitchell
    JakkiMitchell Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I have completed the feedback questionnaire, I would email, but I am not very good at getting the point across and wouldn't know what to say... other than it was crap!
  • kristina1980
    Options
    Thanks mate. I have already completed the questionnaire. Its just that I feel completely cheated by that exam because I knew the Material. I think we owe it our selves to email and for future exam sitters!
  • kristina1980
    Options
    Just say you feel that it was not very representive of the level 4. Go on, it might just get us passed!!!
  • sulapop
    sulapop Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    PCR Nightmare

I cannot believe just before we could turn our papers over we got told that this week is the last week we can sit AAT exams at the centre, so my thoughts were where am I gonna have to go in December (last one before CBE's).

That was on my mind and when I started to read the paper my mind went blank and I panicked. I know I have totally messed this paper up and will be resitting in December but where I do not know.

I am going to give my feedback on this paper, it was totally disgusting they way they did it today but hey there is always December
Privacy Policy