Tea

MWAUGH1983
MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hey All,

So who has had that lovely cuppa? What I wanna know is what brand is it; surely it couldnt be any lower than pg or tetley! :)

Martin

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Morning Martin

Not had my morning tea yet as usually have coffee in the morning (not had that yet either).

I'm off to a friends to do some studying now and she'll be making tea, I hope, but not sure what brand she uses - I just know I enjoy a nice cup of tea when I visit her!

Hope you are enjoying the long bank holiday.

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • zaf1987
    zaf1987 Registered Posts: 124 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    If you are talking about the tea from AAT in the post ive not had mine. I cant bring myself to drink it. i might frame it and hang it on the wall :)

Zaf
  • Makkusu
    Makkusu Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor โญ
    I had my special cup of tea a few days ago, must say I wish I at least took a picture of it because it's probably decomposing in a bin somewhere right now.

I can't remember the promotional postcard that came with it... but thanks anyway AAT, lovely gesture and it went down nicely!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Twinings fruit teas for me.
  • MarkT
    MarkT Registered Posts: 302
    Mine is still in its little sachet waiting for the right moment.... See, I drink loads of the stuff and am thinking that its been sent to me for a purpose, so, maybe I'll drink it in celebration of finding a job, or maybe finishing level 3... Who knows???

Oh the irony - fiancee has just asked me if I want a cuppa tea :lol:
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Binned it, can't remember why they sent it?
    Anyway, I drink Earl Grey and fruit teas, especially at the moment, waiting for results, its been 5 weeks, and two days since FNPF, which I hope was my FINAL exam, but as each day passes, I get more anxious, and less confident about passing.......
    Maybe they should send out a sample of chocolate each time you pass an exam, and a champagne chocolate, when you have passed that very final one?
  • Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hey GP

Thank goodness, I thought I was just me that binned it!!

I totally agree with the chocolate idea, it may be cheaper than my current way of rewards. With each pass I reward myself, it started with a simple pad, mechanical pencil, then last month new shoes ... that was exam 9 External Auditing - so extra points!! Although level 3's immediate results means I want to buy something as soon as I done the exam, the wait is a bit of a killer.

All the best with the FNPF results and especially as it is your last. Its 5wks, 3 days now for BGT and 1wk SPSW, then 3 more to study and sit by Sept.
  • guinea pig
    Thanks, Whirlwind, hope you get your results soon.
    AAT - Please send CHAMPAGNE & CHOCOLATES - I PASSED!!!!!
    Still can't believe it, and have to keep looking at the results sheet!
    As for a reward, I think it will be a pub supper and a glass of wine this evening, I have got my eye on a bag, and also a car!
    GP
  • Jo Clark
    Congratulations GP!

What a relief. I am so pleased for you :o

Have a lovely evening and enjoy the study free weekends.

Please do stay in touch though.

JC :o
    Benjamin Franklin
  • guinea pig
    Many thanks, Jo,
    I have every confidence that you will not be far behind, are BTX results due soon?
    I must confess, that now I do not have studying as an excuse, I am expected to do some housework, which is quite tedious, I am de-cluttering, and have found 5 calculators.....
    Anyway, I am enjoying having my weekends back, and catching up with friends.
    Take care,
    GP
  • Jo Clark
    Hello GP

Received PTX results last week and I sit BTX in a few weeks so have I booked a weeks holiday from work to revise for the exam. BTX is really interesting and gets the grey matter working :o

Enjoy the weekend!
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Whirlwind
    Hey GP,

Amazing news - bag and car sound a brilliant choice!!

I got a pass on BGT, so really happy!! I posted my concerns about the extended writing section and you gave a very informative answer, so thanks again - the forum really does work. Got a few weeks before FNPF for revising and digesting every written answer I can find!! May end up picking your brains again.

Many congratulations on completing your AAT and enjoy rediscovering free time!!
  • guinea pig
    Hi Whirlwind,
    Well done on passing budgeting, its good to get that one done just before FNPF as there is quite a bit of overlap. I really struggled with the variances, and had to teach myself a very long winded way to remember them, it was quite time consuming, but worked! this did lead to another problem, that I was a bit short on time at the end of the exam. Weirdly, I wasn't so worried about the written questions, that everyone seems to hate! I think I did another analysis of the possible written questions, shout if you want any help.
    Anyway, enjoy the weekend, and Good luck.
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    AAT - Please send CHAMPAGNE & CHOCOLATES - I PASSED!!!!!

GP

Fabulous idea - are you listening AAT?

:biggrin:
  • StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    The scene: AAT HQ, Tuesday. A meeting.

Colleague: So, Stuart, what are the users on our forums saying today?

Me: *inaudible mumble*

Colleague: Sorry?

Me: *another inaudible mumble, covered by a cough*

Colleague: Stuart, speak up.

Me: I SAID THEY WANT CHAMPAGNE AND CHOCOLATES, OK??

*tumbleweed*

:001_tongue:

Congratulations GP - and everyone else who has had a good result recently!
  • Whirlwind
    Just a small champagne chocolate would be perfect!!
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    The scene: AAT HQ, Tuesday. A meeting.

Colleague: So, Stuart, what are the users on our forums saying today?

Me: *inaudible mumble*

Colleague: Sorry?

Me: *another inaudible mumble, covered by a cough*

Colleague: Stuart, speak up.

Me: I SAID THEY WANT CHAMPAGNE AND CHOCOLATES, OK??

*tumbleweed*

:001_tongue:

QUOTE]

Oh, I just love that!!! Well, if you don't ask, you don't get as I'm always being told (usually by people asking for something they are not going to get).

:biggrin:
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Yorkshire Tea.

Or a nice Twinings Earl Grey.

That is all.
  • MarkT
    MarkT Registered Posts: 302
    Yorkshire Tea.

Or a nice Twinings Earl Grey.

That is all.

Now thats a great idea... I have a caddy with earl grey in the kitchen - guess what? :wink:
  • guinea pig
    Thanks, Stuart, but I'm still waiting for the chocolate!
    I am wondering if there is a prize for taking the longest to complete AAT?
    I first started in 1981 - (YES 1981!) but after the first year dropped out due to family & work pressures. I recently found my notes from then, which are very amusing! there are pictures of computers, half the size of a house!! I then spent many years working around my family, running my own business, and after returning to an accounts role, got the opportunity to study again for AAT - and now I have finally qualified!
    Good luck to everyone taking their exams, keep at it, even if it does seem to take ages!
    GP
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Thanks, Stuart, but I'm still waiting for the chocolate!
    I am wondering if there is a prize for taking the longest to complete AAT?
    I first started in 1981 - (YES 1981!)
    Good luck to everyone taking their exams, keep at it, even if it does seem to take ages!
    GP

Hi GP

I first registered 19yrs ago and am just nearing the end of level 3, so you may have to share :lol:

Jan
Privacy Policy