Help

Shell1983
Shell1983 Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor โญ
I'm new to this forum and have not used anything like this before, not sounding completely dense lol but how do you get pictures assigned to your name? I've also noticed that some people use quotes. Where do i need to go to be able to do this?

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi Shell welcome to forums

If you click on private messages you will see a options list at the side select settings and have a go from there :)
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    you can also go into user cp at the top left and this should set you up
  • Shell1983
    Thanks A-Vic and taskey will have a go :)
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Also, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page you'll see a link that says "BB code is on", if you click on a link it'll take you to a page that explains how you do links, include images and other useful formatting stuff. There use to be a nice easy WYSIWYG editor for posts but for some unexplained reason they got rid of it.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Thanks A-Vic and taskey will have a go :)
    Welcome to the forums!

For quotes, use the little quote buttons at the left underneath a post. If you want to quote multiple people you use the quote+ button and for just one person, you use the normal quote button.

Alternatively, you click reply on the post you want to quote and tick the quote message in reply? just underneath the place to type.
  • A-Vic
    see were a nice lot we only bite during exam week :lol:
  • Shell1983
    Thanks everyone :), i know i'm really glad exam week is over! Now just the loooong wait for exam results :s
  • A-Vic
    what exams have you just taken?
  • Rinske
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    see were a nice lot we only bite during exam week :lol:
    Oh Vic, I didn't know we bite, I thought that was just Anniem's way of telling us she liked us.

Ah it's no good making fun of people who left the forums, am hoping to pull a reply from Anniem, but as she said she would be around a lot less, it just feels like talking behind her back, which is definitely not my intention!

O well, I'll probably send her a text or email to see how she is doing!
  • Shell1983
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    what exams have you just taken?
    I have just taken my last exam in Technician, PCR, fingers crossed i will have passed but not feeling really positive about it, which ones have you sat?
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    Oh Vic, I didn't know we bite, I thought that was just Anniem's way of telling us she liked us.

Ah it's no good making fun of people who left the forums, am hoping to pull a reply from Anniem, but as she said she would be around a lot less, it just feels like talking behind her back, which is definitely not my intention!

O well, I'll probably send her a text or email to see how she is doing!

I feel a bit bad about Anna, it was my post the sent her running, I do hope she still comes on. I'm sure eventually she won't be able to resist our wit and charm, and the interllectual banter! :lol:
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Anna is just testing to see if we will miss her. She is spying on us as we speak! :lol:
  • jewels.p
    Welcome to the forums!

For quotes, use the little quote buttons at the left underneath a post. If you want to quote multiple people you use the quote+ button and for just one person, you use the normal quote button.

Alternatively, you click reply on the post you want to quote and tick the quote message in reply? just underneath the place to type.

My quote buttons are at the right underneath the posts!
  • Rinske
    Oh doh! Sorry, yes, you're right, they are on the right.

How I can be so stupid? Well, I sat at work and thought I would answer that one, got distracted, never reread the post, so just posted it, a bit like an exam really...
    Although that's not really an excuse, the main reason is just cause I'm stupid, but not happy to admit that yet...

(I'm a lefty, that's my excuse for now) :lol:
  • *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Really useful post this, I've been on this forum a bit now and didnt know half the stuff thats been posted regarding pics, editing etc etc.

Thanks all who contributed and Shell for asking in the first place :)
  • Shell1983
    Lol no probs, I'm useless at computers and have never used a forum previously but going to have a play around see if can add pics now :)
  • jewels.p
    Oh doh! Sorry, yes, you're right, they are on the right.

How I can be so stupid? Well, I sat at work and thought I would answer that one, got distracted, never reread the post, so just posted it, a bit like an exam really...
    Although that's not really an excuse, the main reason is just cause I'm stupid, but not happy to admit that yet...

(I'm a lefty, that's my excuse for now) :lol:

Sorry Rinske you cana use the lefty excuse cause I am one too!

Bring on the Lefties!

P.S You aint stupid
  • Rinske
    Sorry Rinske you cana use the lefty excuse cause I am one too!

Bring on the Lefties!

P.S You aint stupid
    Well, I'm starting to doubt that if I can't even tell my left from my right anymore....
  • A-Vic
    Well, I'm starting to doubt that if I can't even tell my left from my right anymore....

i wouldnt worry i never could lol
Privacy Policy