Phew! ECR done

Options

Comments

• debihargrave
    debihargrave Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    i put indirect too, as that is what is in the simulation papers direct and indirect labour for overtime
  • goodyuk
    goodyuk Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    cdsp1980 wrote: »
    yeah, the costs were to be per pence I think it was 7p, 3p and 6por smmi tlike that, then at the bottom for the total contribution, profit etc... it was to be in £, hence £500000, but now I think that should have been pence, bugger !

I think it should have been fine if you used your 7p as 0.07 in your calculation, etc, that's what I did so I should have got the answer right in £'s I think............ I HOPE!:tongue_smilie:
  • goodyuk
    Options
    yes, that's what I did

yes I agree..... I put 2.065 pence too, and it worked back!
  • sashy
    sashy Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    What a dreadful first question to give the students in this paper. This must be AAT method of allowing us to settle down into the exam - not!! Then to follow this on to stock record card etc was really poor in format. I have filled in the exam questionaire and am most disappointed that there is no aspect giving students the opportunity to experess their frustrations. This question threw me for the rest of the paper and I feel it was unfair given the past paper history in this area. What a rotten bunch to change the format to that extent on a first question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I think i put indirect production overheads, thats what i do when i dont know, i waffle
  • t2000becky
    t2000becky Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    yes for EOQ, only looked at that today thank the lord
  • Emma.B10
    Emma.B10 Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    sashy wrote: »
    What a dreadful first question to give the students in this paper. This must be AAT method of allowing us to settle down into the exam - not!! Then to follow this on to stock record card etc was really poor in format. I have filled in the exam questionaire and am most disappointed that there is no aspect giving students the opportunity to experess their frustrations. This question threw me for the rest of the paper and I feel it was unfair given the past paper history in this area. What a rotten bunch to change the format to that extent on a first question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I totally agree!! It was vastly different to any of the other past exams.....im really gutted about the whole thing...the things I did revise were not in there and whole new formats of questions appeared!! As for wednesday...let's hoe they dont pull the same trick and sneak a lot of random things in there aswell!!
  • crse2006
    crse2006 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    t2000becky wrote: »
    i mean the question which was direct labour divided by the cans of tomato soup produced - £4130/200000, came out as 0.02065 and it asked for it in pence so it should be 2.065 pence

roll on to the results can only hope ive passed -.-
  • cdsp1980
    cdsp1980 Registered Posts: 22 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Emma.B10 wrote: »
    I totally agree!! It was vastly different to any of the other past exams.....im really gutted about the whole thing...the things I did revise were not in there and whole new formats of questions appeared!! As for wednesday...let's hoe they dont pull the same trick and sneak a lot of random things in there aswell!!
    couldn't agree more, 1st question was way different, graphs never appear (so I was told), normal losses rarely come up, and abnormal never, not to mention trying to get us with the breakeven point etc to be converted to sales revenue ! sneaky sneaky sneaky.
  • CJC77
    CJC77 Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    yeah 500000 break even, 375000 mos 75%

If your Total was 500,000 and your break even was 375,000 - then your margin of safety % is not 75%

Margin of safety is 500,00-375,000 = 125,000

Therefore margin of safety % is 125,000/500,000 x 100 = MOS %

I am not however agreeing those particular figs as cannot remember them - just pointing out the flaw in your formula........
  • pirate
    pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    CJC77 wrote: »
    I cannot decide if I am relieved or anxious about that exam. Did not expect that format, but very pleased that all the long winded memo writing was not included.

Some of our class compared answers afterwards (in the pub of course), and I seem to have agreed with the majority on each set of answers - so that makes me happy - but section 2 (and you all know which question I am on about) threw me completely!

:lol: or :confused1:
    hiya

what do you mean by section 2 - scared now coz didnt think that there was a scary section so perhaps I completely missed it

Why cant we discuss exam is over isnt it or are there people still doing it somewhere?
    r
  • cdsp1980
    Options
    CJC77 wrote: »
    If your Total was 500,000 and your break even was 375,000 - then your margin of safety % is not 75%

Margin of safety is 500,00-375,000 = 125,000

Therefore margin of safety % is 125,000/500,000 x 100 = MOS %

I am not however agreeing those particular figs as cannot remember them - just pointing out the flaw in your formula........
    total was 875000 be was 500000 so MOS is 375000. So MOS of 375 / 500 BE % is 75% could very well b wrong with the formaula though
  • crse2006
    crse2006 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    couldn't agree more, 1st question was way different, graphs never appear (so I was told), normal losses rarely come up, and abnormal never, not to mention trying to get us with the breakeven point etc to be converted to sales revenue ! sneaky sneaky sneaky.

maybe they have a lower pass mark on this paper, i hope they do!
  • t2000becky
    Options

of course they will sneak a load of random stuff in! thats that they do, didnt you notice going through the past papers as you came to ones that were more recent there was a load of odd questions to throw you off! they do it on purpose so expect the unexpected!!
    my tutor said as process costing wasnt in the simulation it is likely to come up in the exam which it did so im thankful for the one!
  • debihargrave
    debihargrave Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    What did everyone have for their NPV on the last question??

i got 40 for my NPV
  • emmag
    emmag Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    total was 875000 be was 500000 so MOS is 375000. So MOS of 375 / 500 BE % is 75% could very well b wrong with the formaula though

Oh no, I thought it was 375/875 eeek
  • cdsp1980
    Options
    oh nuts another one wrong ! It is MOS / Budgeted sales not BE. Arrrrrgggghhhhh. Well see u in December
  • goodyuk
    Options

375 / 875 * 100

you divide MOS by budgeted sales * 100 for % i thought? :ohmy:
  • cdsp1980
    Options
    emmag wrote: »
    u r corect, my bad
  • Emma.B10
    Emma.B10 Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    yes...i guess i did notice....just hoped i had revised enough. I wonder if they will lower the pass mark......chance would be a fine thing!! ha!! Well.....i really dont know which areas to focus on now for wednesday...
    accruals & prepayments....goodwill....partnerships.....disposals I think!!
  • Pinkjo
    Pinkjo Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    goodyuk wrote: »
    375 / 875 * 100

you divide MOS by budgeted sales * 100 for % i thought? :ohmy:

Yes that's right!
  • goodyuk
    Options
    i got 40 for my NPV

39.72 or something 38,720
  • mrspnut
    mrspnut Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I didn't think it was too bad, very different format to what's gone before and very sneaky in the pence to pounds changes all over the place but as I've been caught out with that before I really looked hard at what each question was asking.
  • t2000becky
    Options
    emmag wrote: »

from wiki
    Margin of safety = (( sales - break-even sales) / sales) x 100%
  • Mog17
    Mog17 Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    rachy1975 wrote: »
    yep i did...and put the formula down....

I wasn't sure what they were asking exactly so put the formula and key then said really briefly that it find the most cost effective order quantity.
  • safrica
    safrica Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    oh nuts another one wrong ! It is MOS / Budgeted sales not BE. Arrrrrgggghhhhh. Well see u in December

I got the same as you, 75 % ,I am sure they asked over your break-even sales and not the budgeted...I remember reading and re-reading the question again........
  • t2000becky
    Options
    yes...i guess i did notice....just hoped i had revised enough. I wonder if they will lower the pass mark......chance would be a fine thing!! ha!! Well.....i really dont know which areas to focus on now for wednesday...
    accruals & prepayments....goodwill....partnerships.....disposals I think!!

yeah disposals would be good, altho that was in the simulation?

also check all the written questions theyve been asking in past exams, i think they will get us with those
  • floret212
    floret212 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options

i agree aat sure have a nerve. anyone would think they really want us all to fail. wednesday ain't here yet and im already nervous.:mad2::mad2::thumbdown:
  • Mog17
    Mog17 Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    *Jo wrote: »
    I think i put indirect production overheads, thats what i do when i dont know, i waffle

ha ha ha -you and me both - my answer was similar but longer!!!!
  • t2000becky
    Options
    safrica wrote: »
    I got the same as you, 75 % ,I am sure they asked over your break-even sales and not the budgeted...I remember reading and re-reading the question again........

me too!!
Privacy Policy