Phew! ECR done

Options

Comments

• one-eyed-womble
    one-eyed-womble Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    sashy wrote: »
    What a dreadful first question to give the students in this paper. This must be AAT method of allowing us to settle down into the exam - not!! Then to follow this on to stock record card etc was really poor in format. I have filled in the exam questionaire and am most disappointed that there is no aspect giving students the opportunity to experess their frustrations. This question threw me for the rest of the paper and I feel it was unfair given the past paper history in this area. What a rotten bunch to change the format to that extent on a first question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I felt exactly the same. I spent ages on this first question, and it left me in a panic, so I did the next few questions at break-neck speed. I made the decision to write down as many workings as I could as I felt I would need as many points as possible! I also thought I should be ok so long as process costing didn't crop up, which of course it did. So this was a bad exam for me.
  • goodyuk
    goodyuk Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I think it was very naughty not giving us those nice and easy proforma's we have been so used to..... ! Having to REMEMBER the formulas indeed!!!!! I hope I remembered them all correctly, not sure I did. The very fact that they didnt give proforma's on this paper should mean more people get it wrong, hence a lower pass mark FINGERS CROSSED EH?:thumbdown:
  • *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Mog17 wrote: »
    ha ha ha -you and me both - my answer was similar but longer!!!!
    thats refreshing, think i got a simular answer to you on another question. Great minds (ummm) think alike eh??
  • Mog17
    Mog17 Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    cdsp1980 wrote: »
    total was 875000 be was 500000 so MOS is 375000. So MOS of 375 / 500 BE % is 75% could very well b wrong with the formaula though

MOS is 375/875 X100 . You find the proportion of the budgeted figure which is the margin of safety, not the proportion of the BEP
  • CJC77
    CJC77 Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    emmag wrote: »
    Oh no, I thought it was 375/875 eeek

You are spot on!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Well peeps am gonna stop reading till august :lol:

I really am now doubting myself feel sick as a dog :crying:
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: »

me too a vic.....just have to wait til august or the 24th for my tutor totell me the answers....
  • *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options

when in august do we get the results?
  • mrspnut
    mrspnut Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    17th I think
  • CJC77
    CJC77 Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    *Jo wrote: »
    when in august do we get the results?

Due out Tuesday 18th (or hopefully the Monday evening by email)
  • Xplosive
    Xplosive Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Am i the only one seriously regretting reading this thread :lol::001_tt2:
    Wish me luck for december :thumbup:
  • t2000becky
    t2000becky Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    someone said the answers come on the aat website in a few weeks
  • Pinkjo
    Pinkjo Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    t2000becky wrote: »
    someone said the answers come on the aat website in a few weeks

The paper gets put on the website on the 24th, the answers don't come till about a day or two before the results (unfortunately)
  • Emma.B10
    Emma.B10 Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Xplosive wrote: »
    no..you are not the only one.....I am starting to wish I had never discussed my answers 2!! ha! Roll on December....was just hoping to start my last year in september and not have to wait until i had passed everything......fail on this one for me!!
  • goodyuk
    Options
    Xplosive wrote: »

It is scary isnt it???? I haven't got a clue now whether i've passed or failed :ohmy:
  • smriti
    smriti Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Resit

We have been told at college that we can take resit in late Aug/Sept...and the exam will be computorised. We can find out results as soon as we finish the exam! Does anyone else know abt this? I am def. taking the resit!!!!:thumbdown:
  • mrspnut
    Options
    I've heard that there may be a way to do the resit via computer at the end of august. It's something that they are already doing for the diploma pathway but it is going to be brought in for NVQ as well.

It was our tutor at college who was talking about it because we can't start technician level if we haven't passed all of intermediate.
  • mrspnut
    Options
    smriti wrote: »
    We have been told at college that we can take resit in late Aug/Sept...and the exam will be computorised. We can find out results as soon as we finish the exam! Does anyone else know abt this? I am def. taking the resit!!!!:thumbdown:

Snap - you don't go to Lincoln college do you?
  • smriti
    Options
    Yes thats right...we cannot enroll for technician till we clear Intermediate exam.
  • smriti
    Options
    No .Milton Keynes College!!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Pinkjo wrote: »
    The paper gets put on the website on the 24th, the answers don't come till about a day or two before the results (unfortunately)

Hopefully one of the brainy peoples on here will be really nice and do the paper for us and we can compaire.
  • goodyuk
    Options
    Hopefully one of the brainy peoples on here will be really nice and do the paper for us and we can compaire.

*looks aroudn anxiously for one of the brainy people on here*
    LOL:001_tt2:
  • Pinkjo
    Options

That'd be nice :001_smile:
  • pirate
    pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    2.4 was a bugger with the normal and abnormal losses which we spent 2 minutes on in classes, plus "graphs never come up in the exam" !!! Thankfully I did read the question with the breakeven points, that they wanted the revenue, not number of cans of soup !!! :001_smile:
    dont remember the abnormal loss must have completely missed that thought there was only a normal loss
    Also on the process account have Tonnes for the units that threw me also
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    The abnormal loss came in when output was only 360 tonnes, normal loss was 3% of 400 tonnes, so output should have been 388.
  • Pinkjo
    Options
    There were 12 normal loss, 370 output, so remainder was 18 abnormal loss, as input was 400 (if my poor wee brain remembers correctly)
  • mrspnut
    Options
    dont remember the abnormal loss must have completely missed that thought there was only a normal loss
    Also on the process account have Tonnes for the units that threw me also

There was an input of 400 tonnes, a normal loss of 12 tonnes and an output of 360 tonnes leaving 28 tonnes as an abnormal loss.
  • Emma.B10
    Emma.B10 Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    mrspnut wrote: »
    I've heard that there may be a way to do the resit via computer at the end of august. It's something that they are already doing for the diploma pathway but it is going to be brought in for NVQ as well.

It was our tutor at college who was talking about it because we can't start technician level if we haven't passed all of intermediate.
    that will come in handy!!! do you know if its available for everyone or is it just talk at the mo??
  • t2000becky
    t2000becky Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    actual output was 360 i think
  • pirate
    pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I thought it was a bit stupid of me to put Lifo as potatoes are perishable, but talked myself out of it for some bizarre reason. I put indirect labour for another category for the overtime premium
    Thats right it is indirect labour - i put indirect labout then crossed labour out and put expense. FIFO is right but has nothing to do with perisable - it is to do with the fact that it gives you the highest profit
Privacy Policy