Your one stop thread for all things off topic (aka "Study Buddy II")

Options

Comments

• Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Well, this is one of those people that leaves everything to the last minute and then expects it to be done within 5 minutes.

After she came back to me about it again this afternoon, I passed it on to my manager, who now wants a report on Monday on how often this happens and if often, she'll discuss it with the manager who authorises her expenses.

We shall see on Monday!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Well got the two exams out the way time to put my feet up and worry about how many more years it going to take ?
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Alright Marky boy ;)
  • mark130273
    Options
    AK002 wrote: »
    Alright Marky boy ;)

alrighty !!! dont really get on here much as been studying and working quite hard ...

how is everyone on here ?still boring ?
  • AK002
    Options
    mark130273 wrote: »
    alrighty !!! dont really get on here much as been studying and working quite hard ...

how is everyone on here ?still boring ?

Lol, you, working hard? Pfft ;)

The studying not finished ?
  • mark130273
    Options
    AK002 wrote: »
    Lol, you, working hard? Pfft ;)

The studying not finished ?

i know......

studying......never ending....especially with the hardness of the exams ?
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I take it you found a difference between AAT and ACCA Mark?

Don't worry too much, I'm sure you'll be fine, did you homestudy them?
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Well at least VAT will be easier to work out now :glare:
  • AK002
    Options
    Lol yeah.

According to the suns calucalator thingy i'll be £260 better off... although that doesn't really take into account the VAT increase...
  • mark130273
    Options
    I take it you found a difference between AAT and ACCA Mark?

Don't worry too much, I'm sure you'll be fine, did you homestudy them?

finding a big step up .....nope gone to manchester uni !!!
  • Rinske
    Options
    Woohoo, just got the final interview and my project is now signed off! :thumbup:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Rinske wrote: »
    Woohoo, just got the final interview and my project is now signed off! :thumbup:

Fantastic well done you
  • *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options

Brilliant news, well done. Hows the skirt doing?
  • Rinske
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: »
    Fantastic well done you
    Thanks! So happy! My tutor said it was very well done and looked very professional, which is nice to hear, because I had the feeling it was, well, just about ok.

happy happy happy happy! (I just have this urge to dance around the house at the moment, but instead I'm cleaning up catpoo as my cat seems to have celebrated by spreading her poo all out through the hallway and the living room)
  • JayneHogan
    JayneHogan Registered Posts: 697 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Well done Rinske!
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Thanks! So happy! My tutor said it was very well done and looked very professional, which is nice to hear, because I had the feeling it was, well, just about ok.

happy happy happy happy! (I just have this urge to dance around the house at the moment, but instead I'm cleaning up catpoo as my cat seems to have celebrated by spreading her poo all out through the hallway and the living room)

LOL

Well done you .....(i mean the cat :p)

no, seriously well done that is really good news....
  • Rinske
    Options
    Thanks all!

Well, the cat seems to have a sick spell at the moment, feeling ill, so it's probably just to hot for her...

The skirt is lying in the closet on top of the sewing machine at the moment, I picked up some lovely silk for the dress and started on that one now, which is coming along quite nicely.
  • Rinske
    Options
    New neighbours at work

This morning we all of a sudden had campers and caravans (gypsies if you're allowed to call it that way without insulting anyone) on the neighbours parking space on our industrial estate at work.

They so far have not been moved, although they have been asked to leave, had the police over for a chat and by now they seem to have settled in even more and started up the barbeque or a camp fire. (I couldn't see which one.) The kids are happily swinging around in the trees.

Now I don't understand this, but they are tresspassing on private property. How come they haven't been removed? I know there is only so much the police can do, but...

So far we've been warned to be extra vigilant when at work. Make sure doors are closed behind you, not to leave any bags etc lying around and to make sure if you go to the cafe after it closed, to be with at least two people at all time.

Now I have no experience with them at all, no good or bad or anything. My colleagues seems to all expect a load of trouble, a lot of mess left behind and a lot of issues regarding safety. I have been advised to not take the normal route to the busstop (my carpool is on holiday at the moment), as that would mean walking passed them and to make sure I don't end up waiting alone at the busstop (can't do anything about that and it will happen) or walk on to the next busstop (10 minutes walk).

Like I said, I don't have experience with them, but surely it can't be that bad?
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    ..gypsies if you're allowed to call it that way without insulting anyone..

Don't worry, I'm under the albeit vague impression that not that many gypsies actually log onto the AAT website to update their CPD or chat amongst us. Well, none apart from Paul24 that is.

Of course, I could be wrong. After all I was recently informed by someone reliable that there could literally be millions of visitors on here, all reading our humble posts.
  • Rinske
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: »
    Don't worry, I'm under the albeit vague impression that not that many gypsies actually log onto the AAT website to update their CPD or chat amongst us. Well, none apart from Paul24 that is.

Of course, I could be wrong. After all I was recently informed by someone reliable that there could literally be millions of visitors on here, all reading our humble posts.
    I wouldn't call RowanB as reliable, nor do I value his opinion.

I just wasn't sure if gypsies is the right term or that it is called different, as it is not a word I use very often and I still find some English words I don't know now and then. :blush:
  • blobbyh
    Options
    No problem and don't forget we're English on here. We have derogatory words for just about every other country in the world and its inhabitants, having been at war with most of them at some point or other throughout history.
  • kerryhill100
    kerryhill100 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I wouldn't call RowanB as reliable, nor do I value his opinion.

I just wasn't sure if gypsies is the right term or that it is called different, as it is not a word I use very often and I still find some English words I don't know now and then. :blush:

I think they prefer travellers for the correct term. . . . lol

I wouldn't worry too much about them, I have had some previous contact with them and they arn't the 'pirates' they are made out to be, yes they are messy and the children can be abusive but any problems just threaten to tell their dad's they will soon vanish at that threat. . . . lol
  • blobbyh
    Options
    ...any problems just threaten to tell their dad's they will soon vanish at that threat. . . . lol

That or they'll come and burn your house down before smashing every living bone in your body, however the choice is (thankfully) all yours...
  • kerryhill100
    Options
    That or they'll come and burn your house down before smashing every living bone in your body, however the choice is (thankfully) all yours...

well yes there is that risk . . . . . . . .lol
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Have you not seen 'Drag Me to Hell' for Heaven's sake Kerry? That's enough to put anyone off messing with pikeys forever... (or is that an offensive word bearing in mind some might be reading?)

Apologies for using the word "forever"...
  • kerryhill100
    Options
    Have you not seen 'Drag Me to Hell' for Heaven's sake Kerry? That's enough to put anyone off messing with pikeys forever... (or is that an offensive word bearing in mind some might be reading?)

Apologies for using the word "forever"...

lol,

that may not have been quite PC lol

and in answer to your other question unfortunatly no I have not seen 'drag me to hell' (or even heard of it lol)

but I have seen the police standing at a safe distance when they have boxing matches in the street lol
  • blobbyh
    Options
    unfortunatly no I have not seen 'drag me to hell' (or even heard of it lol)

Can't blame you. Took me a couple of watches before I finally realised it wasn't a documentary after all, about my birth town Mansfield.
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    not seen Fight Club either? Brad Pit does rather a good impression.

That said, the true Gypsies, are nice, keep to themselves and leave the land stay on in good condition.

Its those that are travellers, that tend not to. its a bit of a generalisation, but you do need to be careful. Just be a bit more aware, and follow the advice you were given. It will most likely be fine, but just incase they are one of the more troublesome traveller groups, walk the extra 10 minutes to the bus stop, stops you having the possible 'conversation' at the bus stop with 15 kids...
  • kerryhill100
    Options
    JaffasGirl wrote: »
    not seen Fight Club either? Brad Pit does rather a good impression.

ooohhhhh I love fight club. . . . . .
  • tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options

At least it wasn't what I found the other day , the cat puked up a dead mouse. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!
    My hubby gave him a flick on the ears for that one....lol
Privacy Policy